• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Fiji - Monday 18 Sep 2am AEST

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
**WARNING**
**WARNING**

Shiggins

has logged in
and is preparing to
enter the discussion:

200w.gif
I will go on the record and say I think there should have been a card. Probably a yellow from what I’ve seen because I think initial contact was on shoulder/chest but as someone who been pretty hot on this issue, I think the Wallabies can definitely feel hard done by with this non-call.

Jordan Petaia was also lucky not to see a card as well.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I will go on the record and say I think there should have been a card. Probably a yellow from what I’ve seen because I think initial contact was on shoulder/chest but as someone who been pretty hot on this issue, I think the Wallabies can definitely feel hard done by with this non-call.

Jordan Petaia was also luck not to see a card as well.
It has to be a straight red. He is never legal in the tackle. It’s a shoulder charge to the head. No mitigation what so ever.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
It's swings and roundabouts with calls at World Cups, it happens

But I don't want to hear that Fiji are hard done by ever again because they all saw a blatant shoulder charge and decided to ignore it

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So did I hear right that Skelton and Tupou wont be fit for next week ?

EDIT:- Yep

injuries are also hitting the Australians – prop Taniela Tupou has a hamstring issues and captain Will Skelton watched the match from the sidelines wearing a moon boot – and Jones was even booed by the crowd during the match.

Jones admitted neither of the injured stars would be available for the next must-win clash against Wales.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Think you might not have been paying attention there, McReight didn't conceed any penalties in this game. Valetini gave one away for not rolling away when McReight got on the ball at the ruck, but the ref was clear that McReight was fine and the penalty was for 8.
Nah that's on McReight.

It's one of those ones where if McReight didn't compete for the ball, the ref would've been fine with Valetini most likely.

He needs to be smarter.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Nah that's on McReight.

It's one of those ones where if McReight didn't compete for the ball, the ref would've been fine with Valetini most likely.

He needs to be smarter.
Fuck that was a tough penalty though. Valetini bolted out of there and was nowhere near the ruck when Fraser was over the ball. There were numerous times when the Fijians would just touch the ball with their players lying everywhere and get awarded the penalty.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It ain't the coach, none of the Wobs coaches are bad, we just aren't very good and need to learn to win again

There will be continual pain for years to come
I'm sorry but people here are clueless? Like, it's not right we have a massive over reliance on two players but if we had Skelton and Tupou we destroy Fiji in tight.

It's like last week never existed.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fuck that was a tough penalty though. Valetini bolted out of there and was nowhere near the ruck when Fraser was over the ball. There were numerous times when the Fijians would just touch the ball with their players lying everywhere and get awarded the penalty.
The Fijian breakdown penalties were mostly all bullshit, elbows on the ground, touched the ball for 0.2seconds and never survived cleanout, no release.

This is what happens after a social media campaign that says the team were harshly done by against Wales. Honestly, it worked for us v Eng in 2015.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Told you the ref would balance the books.