• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies vs Wales - Sunday 29 September 2019 @ 5.45pm

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Im genuinely so fucking sick and tired of hearing about how we got stiffed. We knew how he was going to ref within 10 minutes but it took us 40 to cotton on.
And when we finally did Wales had nothing but by then its too late.

If we had two brain cells to rub together no one could stop us but the All Blacks.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
You'd have to think unless Fiji can beat Wales we're going to finish second in the pool and face England in the quarters (unless the Frogs do the right thing). With the way we've been playing they'll blow us off the park.

B

Bobby Sands

Yeah but he also scores tries, all. the. time. Ran for 39 metres. He's all over the park too. Thought he got dudded on at least one turnover.

If you think Hooper was more valuable than David today, then thats like a rugby the way Salvador Dali looks at clocks.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Even if Fiji beat Wales they'll still finish third as they are 0/2 so far.........

The only way Australia won't make the quarters is if they lose to Georgia or Uruguay.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Problem is there is a typhoon warning for the next game for the French and if it's washed out they'll split points with the USA. Even if they do beat England there's a decent chance they don't top the pool if bonus points don't go there way.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
The whole game was actually pretty positive.
Aside from Genia and Foley no one really played badly.
We dominated most facets except referee management
As happens so often we scored more tries but still managed to find a way to lose.
Frustrating, but that’s Australian rugby at the moment.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
But if Fiji beat Wales we have a chance to top the pool, which means we can avoid England in the quarters.

I think at the end of the day you have to be prepared to beat any other team. If we end up against England then that's who we need to beat.

Problem is there is a typhoon warning for the next game for the French and if it's washed out they'll split points with the USA. Even if they do beat England there's a decent chance they don't top the pool if bonus points don't go there way.

I really hope no games do get washed out. That call it a draw points wise solution really doesn't work to my mind. Not when there are obvious often stronger/weaker teams and bonus points aswell.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The whole game was actually pretty positive.
Aside from Genia and Foley no one really played badly.
We dominated most facets except referee management
As happens so often we scored more tries but still managed to find a way to lose.
Frustrating, but that’s Australian rugby at the moment.

We made the advantage line so many times. So enjoyable watching our tight five run with the ball.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
It’s pretty clear from this still the balls in genias hands off the ground. (First frame as he picks it up)
I think he’s just onside.
Either way it’s a line ball and not a howler.
Genia was just too slow.

9776A901-930A-441A-B0C0-9E3B9E3D4D7D.png

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...kerevi-on-dangerous-fend-20190929-p52w2n.html

Kerevi: "I love my rugby league so I might look at the NRL." Pretty big words from someone who is usually a gentle giant (obviously, he's not being serious at this point but pretty big statement from someone who's usually quite docile).

Loved his apology to Ron Weasly though. Biggest alpha powerplay from Samu, "I just ran over you and now I'm going to say sorry."

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It’s pretty clear from this still the balls in genias hands off the ground.
I think he’s just onside.
Either way it’s a line ball and not a howler.
Genia was just too slow.

Yep....... if he was offside there was no obvious camera angle to show it.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Really? In the 13 pages of fan comment that is your Welsh “FML”?

I loved my time in the UK with some fond memories of friends at London Welsh, internationals in Cardiff against the Wallabies were just wonderful occasions. I can’t remember having lost one but do remember Bob Dwyer strangely being public enemy no 1.

Wales are favourites here, and even with a long period of frustration with “the clown” I’m feeling bolshie. WBs by 12, because, you know, “fortitude and wet paper”. ;-)

Mate, enjoy another Brains, and the game. Hopefully the boyos will be singing through the game, but I expect the Aussies to be singing afterward. :)

Whatever you say/think, because you must know me better than I do.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
At the end of the day Wales were nothing special and it was a game we could and should have won. It was a massive game for us and the selectors thinking that playing Foley would be a good idea backfired spectacularly. We just went into the game under prepared and not ready to play.
Wales had excellent line speed but were offside all night. Did they get pinged even once?
I hope we get to see both Beale and O’Connor get a run at 12 against Uruguay. As good as Samu is at line bending he negates the attacking prowess outside him. Maybe he and JOC (James O'Connor) swap or we have a look at JOC (James O'Connor) and TK with SK on the bench?
Where us Taniela Tupou? Kepu is solid but TT brings something extra up the middle in the last 20-30.
We almost pulled it off but between our lack of composure and Poites underlining his self importance it slipped away.
Great game to watch.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Pretty good game I thought. I was surely bemused by the Kerevi penalty, I know his hand did make contact with throat, but with no force I thought. Wales looked bloody good first 40, and second 40 you had to pretty happy with Wallabies, they went well, Welsh looked stuffed to me. I know there will be some gnashing of teeth over the result(rightly it's what fans do), but was probably a reasonable outcome when looking at game. Well as for me saying earlier I could see why Foley was picked as he capable of playing well, he didn't really do it this game did he? Although To'omua went well when he came on against a tired looking Wesh team, I not convinced he the answer either. Loved a lot of Genia's play, but he really needs to clear the ball quicker to be considered a top class halfback, as shown in Welsh try. I another who just not sure that Pocock has quite got to where he was, or maybe is not quite adapting to the laws etc, once again to be considered a real top class 7 or 6 you have to adapt I think. Hooper leaves nothing out there does he, maybe not everything he does s bang on, but you can't fault his effort. And how I wish Kerevi would learn to pass!

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Pretty good game I thought. I was surely bemused by the Kerevi penalty,

My feelings as well.

I realise that experienced teams win world cups (apparently), but having not watched tests for a bit im kind of surprised just how 'experienced' that particular Aussie team was. Surely there must be someone that can be picked ahead of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) that was born in the 1990's at least.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Dave was monumental tonight, literally kept us in the game when we were getting blown off the park.

James O'Connor looked really threatening today.

As a Reds fan, I have watched alot of Kerevi and I think he has plenty of rough edges. His ball carrying is world class, but he so often doesn't pass when he should, doesn't position himself well in support and when isolated doesn't have the ruck craft to "push the egg" out the back (make sure we don't lose it). When he had the ball ripped out of his hands I was pulling my hair out.

Hes a superstar and one of the first players picked, but I think his strengths sometime patch over his deficiencies.
James O’Connor was guilty though of too much sideways running in first half