• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 2 NZ v FRA (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 0600 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
French were shit that last 30 minutes. ABs just had to fan out and tackle some very poor play. Parra should have been yanked much earlier.

I missed the first 50 where I heard the French were OK, but then I woke up at around 34-13 so they can't have been anything like good. Yellow Card was a turning point according to some.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
WTF just happened? The Mastercard MOM was awarded to the No 11 Bus to Lambton Quay.

Did they actually get it right for a change, or even go close?

More evidence of the locals losing interest in RWC2015. How did Joe Launchbury miss out on a QF MOM award?
#JusticeForJoe

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, was that indicative of the gap between NH and SH rugby? France was particularly poor, but I am more inclined to think that it is a result of the French clubs apparently running the game and being intent on buying premiership winning teams at the expense of developing their own players. The national side must suffer as a result.

Apart from Picamoles and Fofana, none of the French side showed the individual skills that would earn them a spot in other national sides.

Savea named MOTM, but I thought Carter, Nonu, Whitelock and Retallick were the most influential players on the ground.

ABs just back to their frightening best today.

Some sublime play by the ABs that last 20 minutes. Their bench >>>>>>> French bench. Lovely hands, with the moves they were trying earlier in the tournament finally coming together.

Though you'd hardly say the Frogs were any better than Georgia on that performance. Halfback running sideways before passing, no flyhalf of any calibre to direct play, and a group of forwards who look unfit with a distinct lack of cohesion.

Some AB fans will be raving about how France weren't allowed in the game. Their preparation and leadup matches suggest they never even prepared like they wanted to be in that game.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Official IRB Match Report

NZ vs France

dry-powder-inhaler-device-yogesh-chaudhari-1-728.jpg
334885b.jpg
tankgif_zps660bfa0a.gif

carcam.gif

bomb1.gif

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ah mate. Don't kid yourself. You won't even beat them with them if they play like this. Nobody will.

If we're still in the game after 60 next week, I'll be impressed.

This squad can beat the ABs in any situation:

1 Sio
2 Moore
3 Kepu
4 Douglas
5 Simmons
6 Fardy
7 Hooper
8 Pocock
9 Genia
10 Foley
11 Mitchell
12 Giteau
13 Kuridrani
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 Folau

16 TPN
17 Slipper
18 Holmes
19 Mumm
20 McMahon
21 Phipps
22 To'omua
23 Beale

But we need ALL our weapons. Just an injury in our starting XV and could mean the defeat

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)

1 Sio
2 Moore
3 Kepu
4 Douglas
5 Simmons
6 Fardy
7 Hooper
8 Pocock
9 Genia
10 Foley
11 Mitchell
12 Giteau
13 Kuridrani
15 Folau

16 TPN
17 Slipper
18 Holmes
19 Mumm
20 McMahon
21 Phipps
22 To'omua
23 Beale

But we need ALL our weapons. Just an injury in our starting XV and could mean the defeat

If both teams play to their potential, that's a nope.

Anyway, just get past the Scots tomorrow first before you start getting ahead of yourself. Not to mention a semi.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
WTF just happened? The Mastercard MOM was awarded to the No 11 Bus to Lambton Quay.

Did they actually get it right for a change, or even go close?

More evidence of the locals losing interest in RWC2015. How did Joe Launchbury miss out on a QF MOM award?
#JusticeForJoe

#BlameBurgess

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
He will make no difference. He will have zero access to fuck all players because the French clubs are rammed with foreigners. The French international team is dead and gone, sad to say.

To an extent, but at least he'll have some consistency in selections and might even try to equip his team with some form of structure and game plan.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
If both teams play to their potential, that's a nope.

Anyway, just get past the Scots tomorrow first before you start getting ahead of yourself. Not to mention a semi.

Both at its best, the lads can beat them. I have great faith in the Cheika's team.

And you must to help us, injuring some of their top players. I pick to Retallick, Carter and Savea :p

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Both at its best, the lads can beat them. I have great faith in the Cheika's team.

And you must to help us, injuring some of their top players. I pick to Retallick, Carter and Savea :p

From a neutral point of view - I don't think so.

But Eben and the boys will do their best.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Some AB fans will be raving about how France weren't allowed in the game. Their preparation and leadup matches suggest they never even prepared like they wanted to be in that game.

With the walking and the amount of intention shown, especially in that second half, France looked like they quit shortly after Michalak went off. They just didn't admit it to themselves until around the 60th minute.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The only thing I can't really work out is why Hansen left Carter on when he was bringing his stars off after 60 mins.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)

1 Sio
2 Moore
3 Kepu
4 Douglas
5 Simmons
6 Fardy
7 Hooper
8 Pocock
9 Genia
10 Foley
11 Mitchell
12 Giteau
13 Kuridrani
15 Folau

16 TPN
17 Slipper
18 Holmes
19 Mumm
20 McMahon
21 Phipps
22 To'omua
23 Beale

One win in numerous season suddenly the wobs are consistent enough to beat the darkness at any given moment... Just be humble, cause the wobs have recently been beaten by Scots, Ireland and Argies - win against these and then think about either the Boks or ABs

ABs will need to be better against the Boks -

Should rename the RWC - the Rugby Championship #inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.