• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 2 NZ v FRA (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 0600 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wouldn't be a world cup without revolting French players.

For mine, I can't understand why it's taken this long for them to realise psa's clueless. The rest of us have been saying it for four years

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It's not a mutiny, it's just a subtle reallocation of roles and responsibilities. It's the difference between one off tests where players go back to clubs between and the RWC where the players are together in camp for the duration. It gives the senior players the chance to assert more influence over tactics, training and possibly selections.

I think they probably like PSA personally and have some respect for him, it's just that they've worked out he can't coach at test level.

BTW, what else is the captain to say to the press other than, "we're all behind the coach, there are no problems"? Dusautoir is a class act on and off the field, while he's captain there won't be a mutiny which doesn't mean to say he hasn't been making suggestions as to how things might be done to improve the team's chances.;)

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's not a mutiny, it's just a subtle reallocation of roles and responsibilities. It's the difference between one off tests where players go back to clubs between and the RWC where the players are together in camp for the duration. It gives the senior players the chance to assert more influence over tactics, training and possibly selections.

I think they probably like PSA personally and have some respect for him, it's just that they've worked out he can't coach at test level.

BTW, what else is the captain to say to the press other than, "we're all behind the coach, there are no problems"? Dusautoir is a class act on and off the field, while he's captain there won't be a mutiny which doesn't mean to say he hasn't been making suggestions as to how things might be done to improve the team's chances.;)
Interesting. If true This confirms another suspicion that the French players, who are v good individually, normally only get released from clubs five minutes before kickoff and play like they just met. This then would be the first time they've met psa and they don't like him.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Latest TAB odds are AB $1.16-$4.75 France with a 12.5 start. Funnily, though, the lowest-priced points margin is 1 - 10 at $3.00. Still thinking AB by 6 - 12 so gonna stick $25 each on that & 11 - 20 at $3.10 & hopefully take Mrs WO to breakfast with my winnings.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Latest TAB odds are AB $1.16-$4.75 France with a 12.5 start. Funnily, though, the lowest-priced points margin is 1 - 10 at $3.00. Still thinking AB by 6 - 12 so gonna stick $25 each on that & 11 - 20 at $3.10 & hopefully take Mrs WO to breakfast with my winnings.
Or to Maccas if France fart in your general direction.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Nope,
Maccas is best case scenario!
He is 'investing' $50, so he will win $25 or $27.50 if AB's win <20.
But if France cause an upset,or get flogged,he is down $50.
I did the maths. He has an Internet connection. I reckoned he was good for a Happy Meal even in the worst circumstances!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Got $7 on the ABs to win by 8, so the Kiwis better do the business and vanquish their 'demons'.

It would be bittersweet though if I lost the bet on account of a win to Les Bleus.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Nope,
Maccas is best case scenario!
He is 'investing' $50, so he will win $25 or $27.50 if AB's win <20.
But if France cause an upset,or get flogged,he is down $50.

2 X eggs benny at Waterford Coffee Pot ~$35 so I'm mostly covered IF we win. If we don't I won't much feel like brekky, probably proceed directly to consuming lager :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Good start by The Darkness. Les Frogges look like they want to be somewhere else.

4 minutes before they get to touch Gilbert, then they hoof it downfield after 40 seconds, AND that didn't find touch. Could be a long night.

Les Frogges do look quite smart in their Red jumpers with Gold numbers. They may win the best dressed team award.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
I love Nige. He just knows how to communicate exactly why he made the decision he did. No doubts about what happened.

3-0 coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.