• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 3 IRE v ARG (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 2300 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Whoah Nelly, that changes things a bit. With that said, Sexton's replacement did a great job last weekend against France.

Madigan is still on the bench, Jackson to start. Jackson is a fine passer of the ball like Sexton however, his kicking has been ropey at times. Ireland simply must take all available points they can get in this game.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Seen this posted on planetrugby:

No.1 Team for Clean Breaks : Argentina (46)
No.1 Team for Defenders Beaten : Argentina (139)
No.1 Team for Offloads : Argentina (50)

No.1. Team for Tackle Success : Ireland (92%)
No.1 Team for Lineout Success : Ireland (98.2%)
No.1 Team for carries : Ireland (443)

Obviously the stats may be slightly skewed thanks to minnow teams and other factors but it adds a little more spice to this tie.

Where'd those stats come from? I'd like to know overall possession and territory stats as well. Despite kicking a lot, Ireland have maintained a lot of possession (which -- whisper it -- is part of the point of a good kicking game, not just giving away the ball). It's harder for a team to make offloads and clean breaks if they don't have the ball.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Still confident of an Irish win. When Sexton doesn't play, Murray takes on the management role and does it very effectively. Winning of the game will be in the pack and off the tee and Lego Hair Madigan is the best place kicker in Ireland so I am not devastated Sexton is out. Twill be tight but the massive Irish support should be factored in as well.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Pre-Game Speech, Ireland Dressing Room

Remember, if someone gooses you, gives you a nut-tap, squeezes your ass, gives you a purple nurple, a squirrel grip, an eye gouge, holds on to your ankle off a ruck, or pulls the back of your jersey from an offside position for 5 seconds while you're trying to get into position, don't do a fecking thing. DO NOT REACT. You'll get banned. It's your fault for reacting, so just accede to being molested on live television, indecently or otherwise, and know that the offender will be not get a second look. That's just rugby.

(Unless the offender is from a Tier 2 nation. However, if you are being illegally held and are wearing a gold jersey, you are allowed to send a knee to the offender's chest; you'll only get a warning.)

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
(Unless the offender is from a Tier 2 nation. However, if you are being illegally held and are wearing a gold jersey, you are allowed to send a knee to the offender's chest; you'll only get a warning.)

This thread is going to be fun to follow.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Still confident of an Irish win. When Sexton doesn't play, Murray takes on the management role and does it very effectively. Winning of the game will be in the pack and off the tee and Lego Hair Madigan is the best place kicker in Ireland so I am not devastated Sexton is out. Twill be tight but the massive Irish support should be factored in as well.

Sexton would've been ginger all week with the strain so surely Madigan would've been the 10 doing most of the drills in training this week. Probably the better call to have him in than a groggy Sexton rushing passes to avoid being smashed.

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)

eae5e8f9e5fb41239f8e0b3921fd22c8.jpg

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Sexton would've been ginger all week with the strain so surely Madigan would've been the 10 doing most of the drills in training this week. Probably the better call to have him in than a groggy Sexton rushing passes to avoid being smashed.
Quite a few rumours abounding that the Sextoid actually went off with yet another concussion against the surrender monkeys. Don't believe it myself, but much like Folau and Pocock I think there are some smoke and mirrors being employed.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Quite a few rumours abounding that the Sextoid actually went off with yet another concussion against the surrender monkeys. Don't believe it myself, but much like Folau and Pocock I think there are some smoke and mirrors being employed.

I don't believe it's concussion at all. When I seen him training this week he seemed to run at about 80%, he needs more time and if Ireland do win hopefully the SF will be in range for him.

Although the medical team have been tardy with reporting injury's I see no reason to doubt IRFU sources claiming it's a groin injury only, hiding a concussion and rushing him back before return to play protocols would be enormous.

B

Bobby Sands

Ireland will probably will, but Argentina are a much better side than people give them credit.

Bosch is a big out though, he is quite talismanic in the midfield for Argentina.

Why is Leguizamon not in the 23?

Status
Not open for further replies.