• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 3 IRE v ARG (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 2300 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Even with Sexton, O'Connell, O'Brien and O'Mahony out, I don't think anyone envisioned that this Irish team would not dispatch the Pumas, especially with the relative inexperience on the Argentina bench and throughout their squad.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Commiserations Ireland........

Strong buildup, hit by injuries at the pointy end of the tournament, and up against a team that could've topped any other pool..........

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Even with Sexton, O'Connell, O'Brien and O'Mahony out, I don't think anyone envisioned that this Irish team would not dispatch the Pumas, especially with the relative inexperience on the Argentina bench and throughout their squad.
Qwerty did, but let's not pump him up.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Argentinians have evolved beautifully over the past few years. The side that got so far in 2007 largely on a strong set piece and percentage high kicks has developed into a much more complete and enterprising side. Their ball in hand work has been beautiful tonight and they're just proving how much better preparation being involved in the Rugby Championship is to the 6 Nations. This is the Northern Hemisphere Champions they've thrashed, and they've yet to come second in the RC.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)

We got back within 3 and that's as good as it got. We didn't score to level or go ahead when we had the momentum and Argentina took heart and then took it how in style.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)

Was confident enough that I picked them on Superbru. That loss against New Zealand showed enough.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Yeah I've said it a few times. Our tactics rely on us being ahead or it being a tight game. We're not built to chase teams down or to pull away from teams, unlike Schmidt's Leinster.

Mattie Williams will glooooooaaaaaattttt.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I had Argentina favs before the injuries, can prove it with a timestamp bet on them 3 weeks ago to make the semi final.

Saw enough vs NZ in their first game to know they're the real deal now with the complete game. Could always match it up front with anyone.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
France completely took it out of this Ireland team, a 7 day turn around after that battering was probably too much. Argentina look fantastic, an amazing scrum but **** those backs are something else.

What happens to Euro rugby now? All teams, with Scotland inevitably next, dumped out with no SF representation. It's not as bad as it seems on paper, for Ireland not too much change is needed, for Wales, England and France massive changes are needed. Ireland along with all four need to probably reconsider their game plans.

I just wish the injured players were back. At least then if Ireland lost I could garner some solice in saying the first XV wasn't good enough and accept it. But ah.

Good luck to Arg and Aus/Scots next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.