• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 3 IRE v ARG (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 2300 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Either way Sexton will struggle to make the next world cup. He would be 35 and is one of the most injury prone players around.

Irish rugby isn't in a bad place but Jackson needs more game time now, he could be a great player if invested in.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Was O'Mahony and O'Brien we missed tonight not Sexton. To lose one of them we might have survived but we lost that game at the breakdown. Having them at pretty much every ruck with Best we would have had alot more possession in that game.

Did not deserve to win but to lose by 23 points and concede 4 trys is just not good enough.

Well done Argentina.

This website has made it impossible to follow the Wallabies as a second side reading crap from certain posters every week. NH rugby is played in tough conditions so it's hard for teams to play a World Cup in dry weather, play it a month later and the SH teams would be knocked out.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
NH rugby is played in tough conditions so it's hard for teams to play a World Cup in dry weather, play it a month later and the SH teams would be knocked out.

Super Rugby should play all of their games in Invercargill between June and August for representative NH conditions.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
I agree the conditions play a big role in the way British teams play since most of their season is played when it is raining and windy nearly every day.

So what is the excuse for teams from the south of France? Which 90% of French teams.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah we are struggling a bit. But you can't say 2015 was a good year for the SA franchises and a shit load of guys are heading overseas for the 2016 season.

Yeah. Still, 2 Aussie teams in the bottom 3, and both behind the bottom SA team this year. You have the Tahs, then a little bit of Brumbies, and then nothing really.

Still, ours were shit too and no way I can cover that in glory.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I agree the conditions play a big role in the way British teams play since most of their season is played when it is raining and windy nearly every day.

So what is the excuse for teams from the south of France? Which 90% of French teams.

They are made up of SH players not French.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
So the form of Argentina against Ireland makes it look like they would be favourites against either Australia or Scotland. If both Argentina and New Zealand made the final it would be the third consecutive year in which two teams from the same pool made the final.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)

The Top 14 have just gone a different direction, getting larger and larger players and focusing on more of an attritional game over the last five years. Only a handful of teams, maybe less, play something other than a big bosh style of game. Part of that must have something to do with the limitless money allowing them to bring in the largest players, so they can sell the game on the TeeVee by focusing on the biggest hits. Kinda reminds me of watching some South African Super Rugby/Currie Cup games, just going from collision to set piece to collision to set piece.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Jeepers, what a cracking game that was. Full credit to Argentina, they were terrific and commiserations to our many Irish friends in these parts. Very sorry to see you go out of the tournament.

After this game and the way the Wallabies-Scotland game went, I'm going to be brushing up on my Spanish for Oct. 25. If Argentina win that game -- and they can -- judging from other comments, I'm guessing it'll only be por que todos los regalos, sin ningun credito a Los Pumas. Pero sigue siendo un victoria.

Go Get Guillermo.

Iñaki Zubizarreta

Herbert Moran (7)
After this game and the way the Wallabies-Scotland game went, I'm going to be brushing up on my Spanish for Oct. 25. If Argentina win that game -- and they can -- judging from other comments, I'm guessing it'll only be por que todos los regalos, sin ningun credito a Los Pumas. Pero sigue siendo un victoria.

Go Get Guillermo.

hahaha you have a lot to improve cause I did not get what you wanted to say ;) I'm trying to improve my english as well. Nice match is coming up next sunday.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
hahaha you have a lot to improve cause I did not get what you wanted to say ;) I'm trying to improve my english as well. Nice match is coming up next sunday.

Habla Espanol? Wanted to say it'll only be because of all the gifts, no credit to the Pumas. But it'll still be a win.

(That's in reference to the comments about the Wallabies-Scotland game and people saying Australia gifted Scotland all their points, not that Scotland played any good rugby.)

Iñaki Zubizarreta

Herbert Moran (7)
Habla Espanol? Wanted to say it'll only be because of all the gifts, no credit to the Pumas. But it'll still be a win.

(That's in reference to the comments about the Wallabies-Scotland game and people saying Australia gifted Scotland all their points, not that Scotland played any good rugby.)

Por supuesto que hablo español jajaja soy argentino!!
Off course I do speak spanish, I'm argentinian!! I manage to let me be understood by you and read what you guys express here. I use my elementary school english..

So today we have to celebrate both wins, a week to go for the next match. I'm wondering why Pollock didn't play today.. injury?

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Por supuesto que hablo español jajaja soy argentino!!
Off course I do speak spanish, I'm argentinian!! I manage to let me be understood by you and read what you guys express here. I use my elementary school english..

So today we have to celebrate both wins, a week to go for the next match. I'm wondering why Pollock didn't play today.. injury?

In the Wales game, Pollock took a bang to his calf and was replaced. It seems that calf injury is still causing him some problems, but he should be okay for the next game.

I used to teach ESL (English as a Second Language). I'm a few years out of practice, but if you ever have questions or need some help with what people are saying, feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.