• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Appeal successful, two more scots against us. Still changes nothing for me.

b5bdaea4d83a2f4ce5a6a5ef4feabb46.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Agreed. Players who tip tackle like that should be on the sidelines, or not even on the field. That could have gone very badly for pat Lam, thank fuck it didn't

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
From the RWC website

"The appeal took place today at the London offices of the official law firm for Rugby World Cup 2015 Clifford Chance and was heard by an Appeal Committee, chaired by the Honourable Justice Lex Mpati (South Africa), sitting with Justice Graeme Mew (Canada) and Robbie Deans (New Zealand).

Having conducted a detailed review of all the evidence, including new submissions from the players and their representatives, along with all available camera angles, the Appeal Committee dismissed the finding that the players had committed an act of foul play as the player had not been dropped or driven and therefore the tackle was not dangerous.

The players are therefore free to play again immediately."

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Driven should not matter. He was stopped on his head. That should be enough. Hooper gets a week for a clean out and these guys get noting for a head dump! Pleasssse.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I have to say I thought what happened was two guys trying to lift and roll the same guy from different directions. Both of them doing something that was a textbook clean out that all teams do every day of the week - but desperately unlucky it happened simultaneously. I am glad the Scots appealed and glad they got off. Both good players, neither doing anything wrong. I am not a fan of strict liability or changing your perception of the act because of an unlucky outcome. Glad they are back and hope we stuff them on Sunday

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
"Robbie Deans (New Zealand)". I thought he'd purchased a house in Australia and declared he wanted to live here. Nationality's another thing, bit like Steve Walsh.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Will the IRB appeal its' own appeal judicial finding?

HTF can one bloke think Red Card, followed by another thinking 5 Weeks, for yet a third group to determine innocence?

Where is the logic and consistency?

GunstonCorp making a tonne of money out of SANZAR and IRB from leasing out their Random Sanctioniser and the Judicial Reverserator.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From the RWC website

"The appeal took place today at the London offices of the official law firm for Rugby World Cup 2015 Clifford Chance and was heard by an Appeal Committee, chaired by the Honourable Justice Lex Mpati (South Africa), sitting with Justice Graeme Mew (Canada) and Robbie Deans (New Zealand).

Having conducted a detailed review of all the evidence, including new submissions from the players and their representatives, along with all available camera angles, the Appeal Committee dismissed the finding that the players had committed an act of foul play as the player had not been dropped or driven and therefore the tackle was not dangerous.

The players are therefore free to play again immediately."

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

That is completely fucked up beyond belief. If he wasn't driven then how the fuck does he end up on his head?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Gentlemen, EDIT Ladies, a moment of your time, for I have a tale to tell.

This very day, upon the forested hills above the mighty Hawkesbury, I came upon an omen. I know not what to make of it, precisely, but believe it bodes well for the Australian Rugby team.

As it happens, I had dropped my eldest at a birthday party up towards Wisemans Ferry, and with several hours on my hands, decided to sit in the shade by the river nearby and read Michael Lynagh's "Blindsided".

Alas, I could find no place to take my leisure, for much of that river's edge is privately owned by various organisations or individuals who greedily seek its beauty for themselves. Instead, I opted for an exploratory drive, starting with the Sackville Ferry, with the aim of looking in on Ebenezer Church and surrounds.

At some point in the journey, I turned down a dirt road, attempting (in vain) to find a secluded spot by the water. As someone country raised, I do like the challenge of a good gravel track.

I was thoroughly enjoying myself on a lonely dirt road in the glorious spring sunshine, when I rounded a corner and slowed to a halt, amazed at what I beheld.

There, in the dappled shadows of the gently swaying eucalypt forest, was a wallaby.

Steady as a rock, with no hint of skittishness or fear, this magnificent animal stared at me from its casual position for what seemed like minutes, but was surely only seconds of time as we know it.

As it was, the world around both of us condensed into this moment, these moments, and then, having spent enough of its time on the side of the road looking at some idiot in an X-Trail, the marsupial turned its head, then bounced fluidly into the scrub and up the hill.

So transfixed was I, that it did not occur to me to reach for my phone to share this vision with the rest of you. All I have are these words; make of them what you will.

You should have gone to the Spencer pub.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The shambolic lottery that is WR (World Rugby) and SANZAR judicial process continues. It's now ok to tip someone above the horizontal and they land on their head?

Absolute disgrace.

EDIT: The fact that Robbie Deans is a part of a shambolic process comes as no surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.