• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
TBH I can't forsee too much going wrong for the AB's. I'm more nervous for the Wallabies. But I've still got the Wobs by 10 against Scotland

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
What a sad story, but also what a top bloke AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is for helping with fulfilling a dying man's last wish. Massive respect from where I sit.

Robbin Williams, the late American actor/comedian, once said "everyone you meet has a major issue in their lives"!
Given all this was going on in AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s life at the same time as the RWC, and given his high standard of play, so far, speaks volumes for his character.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I tipped us to beat England by three tries to two, and missed out by one (English) try.
For this match, I tip the Wallabies by four tries to one, with successful penalty kicks probably even by match-end!

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
Are the Scottish any good at the choke tackle like the welsh and Irish? We need to get better at coping with that because the Irish will use it if we meet them.

I thought the French we hopeless vs Ireland, Good to see they shot their coach and will do the right thing and bring down the Darkness!

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Nope. Rush defense.

Strategy since Cotter has been strong central defense to open up opportunities for interceptions out wide. Seymour, Lamont, Maitland and Visser are all good players in that regard, and if there was a World XV of intercepts, Seymour would be Captain, Coach and president. Horne, Bennett and Hogg are also pretty good at that, and even Duncy got in for one against the Saffas.

On attack, it's an offload heavy strategy. Using forwards, halves and inside center to make half breaks with the backrow and outside backs running quality support lines.

Unfortunately, I think you'll be able to do both of those things better than us, and unless we start Weir and both opensides, we'll not be successful at the grind.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
Nope. Rush defense.

Strategy since Cotter has been strong central defense to open up opportunities for interceptions out wide. Seymour, Lamont, Maitland and Visser are all good players in that regard, and if there was a World XV of intercepts, Seymour would be Captain, Coach and president. Horne, Bennett and Hogg are also pretty good at that, and even Duncy got in for one against the Saffas.

On attack, it's an offload heavy strategy. Using forwards, halves and inside center to make half breaks with the backrow and outside backs running quality support lines.

Unfortunately, I think you'll be able to do both of those things better than us, and unless we start Weir and both opensides, we'll not be successful at the grind.

Peter Hewat would like a bit more information on this "World XV of intercepts" team.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I hope Mrs DOUG doesn't see this post. If she's anything like my wife (better known as She Who MUST be obayed) you'd be sleeping on the couch.
But the waiting is killing me.

Tahtrajic, after 45 years of marriage, she knows what to expect from me! Mrs Doug is as much a Rugby fanatic as moi, as is our Daughter in Canada. (She's the one who told Richie McCaw that he was a "dirty player" when she met him in a night-club in Whistler, a couple of years ago)! Gotta love that girl!!

WOOLI

Frank Nicholson (4)
From my Scottish heritage I might say dul!! dul! dul!

But being Oz born I'll be going GO THE WALLABIES!! Oi Oi Oi

Status
Not open for further replies.