• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Don't know how Foley got a 8 - I would give a 4....and Sio probably a 4 and also Kepu a 5 - and our scrum being smashed is part of the reason Foley I would say did not have a good game as hard to play front foot ball when our scrum is being repeatedly smashed...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought Kepu was good. His side of the scrum had no issues and he looked to get through plenty of work around the field.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Get over it mate. Scotland scores 3 tries. The first one was from a player in the ruck who was not the last player (scrum half) that has been a penalty all year. The other 2 were from a charge down and intercept. How are they not against the play?

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
The Wallabies almost looked like they were trying to lose the game at times last night, but in retrospect the Scots clearly had a plan to try and score more with their defense than their attack, some thing we should have been awake to given they only best Samoa off similarly opportunistic defensive pressure tries. Wallabies are through, but there's not much point in them turning up next week if they play like that again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Get over it mate. Scotland scores 3 tries. The first one was from a player in the ruck who was not the last player (scrum half) that has been a penalty all year. The other 2 were from a charge down and intercept. How are they not against the play?

Get over what?

Charge downs and intercepts are part of what is called 'defence' which is part of playing rugby. Both were well done in Wallaby territory. "Against the play' means the play was going one way eg. Wallabies on hot attack or close to scoring a try themselves when the try was scored by Scotland. That wasn't the case in either the charge-down or the intercept. Instead, the Wallabies were pressured into poor plays and poor execution which resulted in tries.

That is not 'against the play' at all.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Ok. I disagree. They both were against the play. The play being the wallabies with the ball and then being scored against immediately. Not sure why you are being so argumentative.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Whatever. The dude has just lost a world cup quarter final in the last minute to a DODGY PENALTY. You seriously saying Scotland scored off questionable penalties? Bah, the Wallabies had all the help from the ref in this one old chap.

Wasn't anything dodgy about it, it was a clear offside. Plenty of crap decisions both ways and dodgy penalty goals was what kept them so close despite the Wallabies scoring 5 tries to 3.

I agree with you on one thing though; neither side really deserved to win, but that doesn't mean Laidlaw has any right to carry on like he did. He basically incited the crowd with his comments, leading to the unfortunate scenes of Jourbert needing to be protected from bottles thrown from the crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Ok. I disagree. They both were against the play. The play being the wallabies with the ball and then being scored against immediately. Not sure why you are being so argumentative.

I'm not.

I'm showing you how you are wrong. Simply being in position of the ball doesn't mean that the play is going your way. Both the charge-down AND the intercept were from good defence from Scotland - that is actually play going their way.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yeh ok mate. Like I said I disagree. It's against the run of play. Why do you care so much?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I said earlier in the week that having Pocock and Folau out would give the Scots a significant mental edge as it makes the Wallabies team on paper look much more vulnerable. That seemed to be the case as they were able to match the physicality and then pickup points here and there. Honestly though, I'm not too worried about the Wallabies chances going forward.

They proved they can win the game and still play positive rugby without their best two players and I think that's the message Cheika will be getting through. They also have a proven formula for beating the Argies, I think Ireland would have troubled them more simply for the fact they are more of an unknown entity.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
You guys should beat the Argies. No disrespect to them, their last 5 months have been nothing short of fantastic. You'd then be hoping that the Bokke and Blecks batter each other to kingdom come.

Nige should get the final now. Barnes as touchy. Hopefully they can get Walshy out of retirement for the other touchline.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It's not that I care so much but it is funny that the poster who perhaps is the biggest whinger about the refs when his team loses, calls it a 'shame' when it comes from the opposition.

You can disagree about 'against the play' if you want - feel free to be as wrong as you like.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
There is a saying that the sign of a good team is one that plays poorly but still wins.
Aust have had a tough tough few weeks and hopefully this is the wall being hit and now they get back to there best.
To score 5 tries to 3 and lose would be unfair and i am sure if the penalties given to Scotland that were kicked were put under the microscope as much as the last one give to Aust i am sire there would be doubt on 1 or 2 of them.
Good to see Aust score some nice tries running the ball as against Scotland scoring tries by tackling??

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cyclo, i have read several similar generalisations from moderators about Reds fans lately and you don't care this much.
If someone brings them to my attention I do. I can't read every post on this place. And this guy is a repeat offender.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Don't know how Foley got a 8 - I would give a 4..and Sio probably a 4 and also Kepu a 5 - and our scrum being smashed is part of the reason Foley I would say did not have a good game as hard to play front foot ball when our scrum is being repeatedly smashed.

Who gave Foley an 8? I give him a 4. And' that's actually a 3 but he's gets a +1 for the pressure kick at the end.

His first half was one of the worst I've seen. An error-ridden performance. The second half he was better but he made that chip kick which was charged down and lead to a try, and his goal-kicking was horrible (besides the last one).

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It's not that I care so much but it is funny that the poster who perhaps is the biggest whinger about the refs when his team loses, calls it a 'shame' when it comes from the opposition.

You can disagree about 'against the play' if you want - feel free to be as wrong as you like.
Coming from a player in a post match interview is sad. I haven't had a whinge for a while.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Beale played well enough that one wonders whether Cheika will consider starting Beale at XV and moving Folau to the wing.

At least gave some food for thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.