• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: SCO v USA (LEEDS): POOL B

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
And Visser eviscerates.

Hey Highlander, that try was set up by an offload to Strauss. It's working.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Enjoyable game for the neutral so far. Bit scrappy at times but fast based and exciting! Not something you would always have been able to say about Scotland games in recent years. Cotter is doing good.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
WP Nel score his first ever try . Goodness Crazy. Our Paul Roos boy with the beard plays like we always expect for him. You dont want them to wear skirts.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Watching this makes me wonder what the USA could be with a coach the quality of Cotter. They'd need a few more full-time pros playing in the top leagues, though.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Clever by Scotland, pinning a potential Eagle defender down in the ruck and then running the try right through that channel.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Good win by Scotland. Steady attack that pushed the Eagles into exhaustion and some bad decisions. This Scotland team could do some damage in the next Six Nations. I predict they beat England by a try in the opening week, but not before Tom Wood kicks Stuart Hogg in the head.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Can't ask for anything more than 10 points from 2 games. We were more consistent today, handling was significantly worse in the first half though.

Hopefully Russell and Gilchrist get up, both quality players. If everybody's fit I reckon that this team will take the field:

Hogg, Maitland, Bennett, Scott, Seymour, Russell, Laidlaw, Dickinson, Brown (150 odd minutes in 5 days for Ford), Nel, Gray, Gray, Strauss, Hardie, Denton.

We've consistently been better in the 2nd across both the warm ups and pools, so if we can keep the Saffa lead below 10 at half time we've got to be in with a real shout.

The optimism will probably be gone by morning though. :p At least we "should" have 3rd place now with 10 points, probably need at least 1 or 2 to make sure of it though.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Only thing this game told me is this is the weakest pool and that sides that get to quarters (sa and Scotland most likely) won't progress any further

Status
Not open for further replies.