• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Tonga v Georgia (Kingsholm) Pool C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
More importantly why haven't they trialled it before the biggest competition in the game. RWC is not the place to be changing shit.I'd go as far as to say they shouldn't touch the laws and interpretations for the 12 months before RWC!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Georgia very physical as expected with a solid set piece. They're putting plenty of pressure on the Tongans and the Tongans are making far too many mistakes. This is one game that Tonga can't rely on their physicality to make up for technical deficiencies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Yes! Brilliant result.

If the Georgians can beat the Canucks, they'll get automatic qualification for the next one, which would be nothing but fantastic.

Harro

Stan Wickham (3)
So happy for Georgia, that was a gutsy win. They looked like they could tackle all day. Feel bad for Tonga, though, as I don't reckon that try that was disallowed came from a forward pass.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Georgia the better team on the day. Punishing defence and such strength in contact. I can't recall seeing a Tongan team outdone in physical power like that.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Georgians don't need steroids, if they had any more testosterone they'd be getting a call from the museum for the fuckin' Cro Magnon exhibition.

Tonga couldve done with the other Piutau brother to unlock that.

Tackle count Georgia 213, Tonga 48.

Georgia's D should give NZ's tenured crockery media princesses a good shunt.

ps, good to see ex-Auckland Blues prop Tevita Mailau still sporting the shaved-head mullet aka, The Reverse Backdoor Paremoremo Jailbreaker.

450153993-tevita-mailau-of-tonga-in-action-during-the-gettyimages.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.