• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC - Wallabies v Ireland - 17th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Army_Gav

RWC - Wallabies v Ireland - 11th September 2011
Eden Park

Saturday 17th September 2011 - 6.30 pm [AEST]

Each Wallabies game will have a separate thread. Start them when you like.

Who should replace Diggers?

Coming to the supporter meetup? Click here

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
As in a previous thread.
Bring Mitchell on for the first half and take Ant off.
But a more versatile and attacking barnes onto the bench
shift him on just after half, mccabe out onto the wing and bring mitchell off for a spell.

Ant didn't do much for me yesterday. you need that spart on attack in the backline and he doesn't provide it.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Kepu, Moore, Alexander
Horwill, Vickerman
Elsom, Pocock, Samo
Genia, Cooper
McCabe, Fainga'a
O'Connor, Ashley-Cooper
Beale.

Polata-Nau, Slipper, Sharpe, Higgenbotham, Burgess, Barnes, Mitchell.

It's our best 22 at this point, like it or not.

J

Jumpers

This match is a MUST win for the Wannabes over Ireland and to regain their confidence! I watched the Ireland/USA game and wasn't too impressed with the Irish performance. I think Wales were the most impressive and positive 5 Nations side of all. It promises to be a battle up front at the break down but lucky Mr. Pocock should dominate here and win a fair share of possession.

The Wannabes backs will have the edge and should clean up with some tries! James O should just get some valuable kicking practice in as we can see goal kicking success is critical in the WC! The Wannabes to win by 50Plus points!

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
definitely agree with you on Sharpe coming in. he should be there day in day out!

Deans hasn't done a 4:3 split in awhile and I don't see him changing tactics now.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Samo vs O'Brien

I hear all about the Irish #8, he has some sort of cult following in european rugby:

[video=youtube;BDTmdDhGO50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDTmdDhGO50[/video]

The same can be said about Samo over here. (well, ever since 2 weeks ago)

[video=youtube;dj2GUswRtBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj2GUswRtBA[/video]
[video=youtube;WLaSAxYQmns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLaSAxYQmns[/video]

Who will win the battle of the Gods next Saturday?

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
It will be raining all week apparently. In light of this; I would like to see Barnes slotting back in at 12. McCabe has done his job but nothing more and I think Barnes kicking game might come in handy. We dont lose anything here in defence either.

Maybe Palu on to the bench for the last 20 minutes for Samo

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Jamie Heaslip is the Irish Eightman, and he is bloody good.

But I think you're thinking of the flanker Sean O'Brien, who gets talked up, but wasn't in the 22 to play the US

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
SOB has played 8 from time to time for Leinster, and sometimes 7 during a match, but he is usually a 6. I don't think he has played 8 for Ireland if Heaslip and Leamy have been fit. He would have played in the match against the USA to prepare for the Oz match, as he missed the last trial game, so it's possible that he won't be fit to play against Oz.

He was the player of the Heineken Cup competition and was named in 6N teams that journalists nominate after tournaments as the best 6. He is a devastating runner with the ball and often seems as though he is covered in snakes and spiders as tacklers seem to fall off him.

If SOB is fit to play Oz they may play him at 7 just to get all their best backrowers on the park - but if they do they will likely play him on the blind side of scrums near the Oz goal line because scoring tries from there is a speciality.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If SOB is fit to play Oz they may play him at 7 just to get all their best backrowers on the park - but if they do they will likely play him on the blind side of scrums near the Oz goal line because scoring tries from there is a speciality.

Yea, I know he plays all over the backrow. I just said #8 because the thread I started was trying to compare him to Samo for fun :D

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Kepu, Moore, Alexander
Horwill, Vickerman
Elsom, Pocock, Samo
Genia, Cooper
McCabe, Fainga'a
O'Connor, Ashley-Cooper
Beale.

Polata-Nau, Slipper, Sharpe, Higgenbotham, Burgess, Barnes, Mitchell.

It's our best 22 at this point, like it or not.

Have to agree with this but I think everyone has jumped on the Samo bandwagon a bit prematurely. I do love watching the big fella going forward with the ball in one hand, but he was pretty well defused against Italy.

P

proton

Love the Irish

Joe says to Paddy: "Close your curtains the next time you're shagging
your
wife. The whole street was watching and laughing at you yesterday."

Paddy says: "Well the joke's on them stupid bastards because I wasn't
even
at home yesterday."

Mick walks into Paddy's barn and catches him dancing naked and playing

with himself in front of a tractor. Mick says, "Jesus Paddy,what ya

doing?" Paddy says, "Well me and Mary haven't been getting on in the

bedroom lately & the therapist recommended I do something sexy to

attracter.....

Paddy says to Mick - I'm ready for a holiday, only this year I'm going
to do it a bit different. 3 years ago I went to Spain and Mary got
pregnant.
2 years ago I went to Italy and Mary got pregnant.. Last year I went to

Majorca and Mary got pregnant. Mick asks - So what are you going to do

this year?. Paddy replies, - I'll bloody take her with me!

Paddy says to Mick, "Christmas is on a Friday this year".... Mick says

"Let's hope it's not the 13th."

Paddy & Mick find three hand grenades, so they take them to a police

station. Mick: "What if one explodes before we get there?" Paddy:

"We'll lie and say we only found two."

Paddy's in the bathroom and Murphy shouts to him. "Did you find the

shampoo?" Paddy says, "yes but it's for dry hair and I've just f***ing

wet mine.."

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Bring in Horne to smash O'Driscoll. I want to see that.

He's not that easy to smash and it would be extraordinary if Horne was picked in a 22 anyway. He has to prove himself against the USA and Russia and would probably have to rely on a further injury or some serious stuff ups by others as well to get into the main 22.

Mind you, apart from Mitchell, who will likely come into the 22 v Ireland, he is the nearest thing to an outside back left in the team.

It raises the question of whether it is wise to keep Diggers in the squad. It depends on the severity of the injury of course, but the Oz brains trust has to consider the load that regulars have to bear with one back missing.

D

daz

This match is a MUST win for the Wannabes over Ireland and to regain their confidence!
The Wannabes to win by 50Plus points!

a) I think the Wobs confidence is doing just fine. Why do you think they would be struggling in this regard?

b) Not a snowballs chance in hell. Wobs by 10-15.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
This match is a MUST win for the Wannabes over Ireland and to regain their confidence!

Regain confidence from what? Players are coming off a recent Super 15 championship, a record Tri-Nations win beating the two other highest ranked nations, and coming off an opening victory in the RWC to storm home against Italy.. I'd imagine confidence would be pretty high as it is.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I don't like the use of the loosies on the bench. Pocock and Elsom don't need to come off, and Samo showed he can play 80, so why have both McCalman and Higginbotham there. I know McCalman covers 7, but....he isn't a seven?

Pick one of them Robbie so we can have any of Mitchell/Barnes/Horne on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.