• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC23- Pool D - Eng, Jap, Arg, Sam, Chile

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Given games are in the middle night and through the week, out of respect for people who won't be able to watch matches live but still want to engage broadly on the RWC, let's keep spoilers to the match threads

Another hard to pick group, right now you would suggest Argentina to finish top and 3 sides battling out for 3rd place.

Last edited:

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Another hard to pick group, right now you would suggest Argentina to finish top and 3 sides battling out for 3rd place.
I still think England are a lock to finish 2nd, Japan have been very poor since the last WC and simply won't have the size to compete

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
yeah, I agree. I think Samoa could upset England and Japan this year. Have a few good players in there and Sopoaga is the best fly half in the group.
I think Samoa are definitely beating Japan, they’ve fallen off massively since 2019.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Apparently they're going to start Marcus Smith at fullback with Ford at 10. Love the innovation, hoping it goes tits up and we see Smith get bowled over by a rampaging Kremer on the way to the try line.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I love that move by them, Smith has transformed their attack whenever he’s on and Stewart’s form has been off a cliff.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_8761.jpeg

Looking forward to this one. Result has big impact on our Pool come QFs

dru

Tim Horan (67)
That English team should be hot simply based on personnel and ignoring recent history. Strange that Pumas go in a justifiable favourites.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
View attachment 17461
Looking forward to this one. Result has big impact on our Pool come QFs
I love that backrow. Earl is such a fun player to watch, like McMahon and an even faster and stronger Dempsey. At times all 8 of that forward pack have been quality, time to do it together.

The backline could be straight out of 2019. Similar comment for the forward pack. Players that have been absolute class in the past but haven't shown it for a while. Will be interesting to see if Lion Jonny May still has it against some freaky Carreras and Boffelli.

This game and Fiji v Wales are my games of the weekend I reckon.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I have to say that red card was bollocks. F*** me if this how bunker works it got me buggered! I agree a yellow , but there was very littlr Curry could of done except br 5m away!!
I also think refs are going to have to be harder on players screening their players coming in for a ctach.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Argentina have just produced the worst performance in World Cup history, and England have only been marginally better

Worst game of rugby ever witnessed. Both teams should be fined for making people watch this dross
I think you being harsh, that was impressive by Poms. A pretty harsh red card, and they played the game to win after that, weren't trying to entertain anyone, just win which they did well!

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I think you being harsh, that was impressive by Poms. A pretty harsh red card, and they played the game to win after that, weren't trying to entertain anyone, just win which they did well!
Impressive? Argentina refused to catch the ball. 28 handling errors! As soon as they held onto the ball they scored the only try of the game

Samoa will back themselves to top the pool