• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

S15 Rd 1 - Brumbies v Reds, Friday 13th February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Magnay caught out there. Brumbies just dominating the breakdown both on defence and attack.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfucking oath.

Reds forwards last week dominated the Crusaders (who have since been proven shite), but they didn't even try to compete up front this week.

And against a backline with some of the hardest hitters with or without the ball, they should have been aiming to smash it up the middle all night to get close.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Reds' jockey defence and their breakdown work is making it easy for the Brumbies. Certainly didn't expect the Reds to be carved up.

Wonder how the Brumbies go against a team that employs a rush defence.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Magnay caught out there. Brumbies just dominating the breakdown both on defence and attack.

To go back to your earlier point about Hunt: the Brumbies are standing quite deep on attack too. The difference is the halfback is giving them something to run onto.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The Reds' jockey defence and their breakdown work is making it easy for the Brumbies. Certainly didn't expect the Reds to be carved up.

Wonder how the Brumbies go against a team that employs a rush defence.

#boxkick

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Brumbies have really hit the ground running, and look the shit. But are they good, very good, or exceptional and are the Reds mediocre, poor or very poor? All I will say is I expected Brumbies to win, but I thought the Reds would be starchier.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
This is the same sort of defensive pattern the Reds ran last year that doesn't work.

Passive and jockey.

Red card for Horwill.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Enjoy wherever you're going in England, because I hope to fuck you're nowhere near the Wallabies.

You had it there for a couple of years, and you lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.