• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Saders made to bitch it in Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10645446

Crusaders rugby captain Richie McCaw's reaction time was tested well before Friday's Super 14 defeat of the Brumbies.

To his horror, McCaw found his passport in a dishevelled state after going through the washing machine, but realising a trip to South Africa for the semifinals was a strong possibility, he lodged an emergency passport application on Wednesday.

A replacement arrived in time and the team left for Sydney today.

They won't leave there until tomorrow, as the third-qualifying Waratahs had first rights to business class seats for today's flight to South Africa.

- NZPA

What a fuck up ?? Did they not know before they left NZ that they couldn't get on the flight? Why not hop a flight to perth and at least get half way. Now you waste a day in sydney dicking around at the airport - no training - fly for another 24 hours to Joburg, .. then bus it up to pretoria (not sure it is worth the flight - maybe) they'll be lucky to get there late on Wednesday..

IT seems in the middle of the different schools of thought.
a) get there a week before to acclimatise
b) the day before so you're still pumped.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Re: Saders made to bitch it in Sydney.

eddo said:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10645446

Crusaders rugby captain Richie McCaw's reaction time was tested well before Friday's Super 14 defeat of the Brumbies.

To his horror, McCaw found his passport in a dishevelled state after going through the washing machine, but realising a trip to South Africa for the semifinals was a strong possibility, he lodged an emergency passport application on Wednesday.

A replacement arrived in time and the team left for Sydney today.

They won't leave there until tomorrow, as the third-qualifying Waratahs had first rights to business class seats for today's flight to South Africa.

The first of 2 times the Tahs will beat the evilsaders in sydney....
- NZPA

What a fuck up ?? Did they not know before they left NZ that they couldn't get on the flight? Why not hop a flight to perth and at least get half way. Now you waste a day in sydney dicking around at the airport - no training - fly for another 24 hours to Joburg, .. then bus it up to pretoria (not sure it is worth the flight - maybe) they'll be lucky to get there late on Wednesday..

IT seems in the middle of the different schools of thought.
a) get there a week before to acclimatise
b) the day before so you're still pumped.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

I travelled back to Sydney from Christchurch on Sunday and saw how the team got across. They had to be split up amongst 3 flights and take whatever was left. I spoke to one of their support guys who said they wouldn't have known exactly where they were playing until the conclusion of the Bulls/Stormers match which was not until 5am on Sunday NZ time. The same guy said that the Sunday arvo flights were the first they could get to Sydney and would stay overnight and leave together on Monday.

And for the record, I will again say, that it was the only time I've seen McCaw go through the gate legally.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)

Brumby Jack said:
I travelled back to Sydney from Christchurch on Sunday and saw how the team got across. They had to be split up amongst 3 flights and take whatever was left. I spoke to one of their support guys who said they wouldn't have known exactly where they were playing until the conclusion of the Bulls/Stormers match which was not until 5am on Sunday NZ time. The same guy said that the Sunday arvo flights were the first they could get to Sydney and would stay overnight and leave together on Monday.

And for the record, I will again say, that it was the only time I've seen McCaw go through the gate legally.
:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.