• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Score: Springbokke vs Wallabies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Lets get the predicted scores, not just by, the score for each team and Man of the Match. Doc will give the price.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Lets get the predicted scores, not just by, the score for each team and Man of the Match. Doc will give the price.
What, we gotta pay to have a guess now? :lmao: :lmao:
I'll have a go - SA 26 Aus 18. MOM Ricky Januarie!! (well, seriously, it's a lottery, so he may as well get it!)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Come on Manne , dont be shy.

Jerre I am taking two kids with the Ossewa to see this one live. This make it three Paarl Player nr23s going to help our Springbokke play a decend game of rugby. Myself not at ease and havent forgot when the Wallabies nearly gave me a heart attack last time I saw the same teams playing live.

Roll in the scores.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scarfman said:
[naz]wallabies by 30. dead set we'll smash 'em like guitars[/naz]
Waiting for him. :lmao:

Nah to be honest I am feeling quite confident with the Bokke form, but I wont forget the previous visit by the men in yellow on Newlands, more or less in the same situation and we battled to won that one. So I'll throw it in as long as you lot dont accuse me for gloating, ;)

Bokke 21 Wallabies 12

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Scarfman said:
[naz]wallabies by 30. dead set we'll smash 'em like guitars[/naz]
Waiting for him. :lmao:

Nah to be honest I am feeling quite confident with the Bokke form, but I wont forget the previous visit by the men in yellow on Newlands, more or less in the same situation and we battled to won that one. So I'll throw it in as long as you lot dont accuse me for gloating, ;)

Bokke 21 Wallabies 12
It's OK, PB, you can't gloat before you've won! I picked the Boks by 8 points, so much of a muchness. Of course, if the Boks win, we expect humble silence! ;)

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
hard one.

i honestly think the boks haven't really been tested yet and that Australia will be the ones to do.
SA ego is flying high (rightly so) after having played all there tests at home. will be very interesting to see how the travel in the next months.

Aust 18 - SA 21 (all penalties)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
cyclopath said:
It's OK, PB, you can't gloat before you've won! I picked the Boks by 8 points, so much of a muchness. Of course, if the Boks win, we expect humble silence! ;)
That will be difficult Cyc. I usually wait for the result before gloating with the Bokke but if they lose I'll be the first to praise the Wallabies and WONT use the ref excuse, not my style.

Learned a valued lesson now, dont ever try to give back to gloaters their own medicine. ::) even after the result went your way.

Should have learned Doc lesson about Snor but sometimes I just cant keep it in. Maybe should just stay away from the tin brain (computor) for a week.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Blue said:
Late surge from the Wallabies but boks to hold out

I can't remember the last time I've seen the Wallabies come home strongly. They always look like they're trying hard in the last 10/20 mins but never get any points. It would be interesting to see how many times in the last 2 or so years, who scored the last points in a test against the them.

I going to be very optimistic about this game, go with the heart not the head (hence why I never win tipping competitions).
Aus 29 - SA 22

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'm going with the Boks by 6, with the score being around the 23 - 17 area.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Not that I think we will win, but I don't officially like tipping against us.

Wallabies 16 Boks 9

Man of the Match - Horwill

2 Yellow cards for Boks, 1 for Wallabies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Breakdown is the key.

I think we will be smashed :'(

It could be plenty

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Breakdown - Boks by plenty
Scrums - depends on ref, but probably Boks by small margin
Linenout - Boks by a small margin
Kicks in general play - Even
Backs - Wallabies by a small margin
Defence - Wallabies by a small margin
Kicks for goal - Boks by a very small margin

I reckon the only way for us to have a chance is if Giteau / Barnes keep us down their end of the field, and if Smith steals some pill to help even things out a bit. Oh, and our halfbacks have to handle the enormous pressure brilliantly. I also reckon the Boks will be a little weary, so there is certainly hope.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Scarfman said:
Breakdown - Boks by plenty
Scrums - depends on ref, but probably Boks by small margin
Linenout - Boks by a small margin
Kicks in general play - Even
Backs - Wallabies by a small margin
Defence - Wallabies by a small margin
Kicks for goal - Boks by a very small margin

I reckon the only way for us to have a chance is if Giteau / Barnes keep us down their end of the field, and if Smith steals some pill to help even things out a bit. Oh, and our halfbacks have to handle the enormous pressure brilliantly. I also reckon the Boks will be a little weary, so there is certainly hope.

Physicality - Boks
Numbers hitting the rucks - Boks

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Physicality - Boks

Double sided coin that one. Hit with too many numbers and don't slow the pill then you are stuffed out wide, but I think the real decider will be how Roland refs the breakdown. If he allows players to go off their feet and come in from the side like the first 3N match, then the Boks definately have the upper hand. If he polices it well, then we can get parity.

I suspect he will be pretty average like he normally is though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Scotty said:
Physicality - Boks

Double sided coin that one. Hit with too many numbers and don't slow the pill then you are stuffed out wide, but I think the real decider will be how Roland refs the breakdown. If he allows players to go off their feet and come in from the side like the first 3N match, then the Boks definately have the upper hand. If he polices it well, then we can get parity.

I suspect he will be pretty average like he normally is though.

Agreed, but we have struggled lately whenever a teams have smashed us at the breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.