• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semi 2: Stormers vs Tahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ah yes, name calling. why don't we stop calling eachother's team names until the end of the game okay?

Also as much as I would love to see the bulls lose to crusaders, I just cant see it happening, they just got back from SA and to get up and go again cant be good.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Can't see the Tahs beat the Stormers at home.

I back the Stormers to go all the way from here. The Tahs lack of front row backup is going to be telling and they will struggle to score enough points in Cape Town.

They'll beat the Bulls on neutral territory in Orlando and also canlt see them losing in Cape Town against the Crusaders.

My heart tells a different story but this is the way I see it.

Stormers defense is awesome and with Blaauw back at prop their pack looks even stronger now.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Why is the Stormers' defence so awesome. I mean, it's crazy.

Points against
------------------
Stormers: 171
Waratahs: 288
Brumbies: 291
Crusaders: 295

I've been blown away by the Tahs' guts in defence, but the Stormers must have some pretty clever systems in place. Can we break it down? Crack the enigma code?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
#1 Tah said:
Ah yes, name calling. why don't we stop calling eachother's team names until the end of the game okay?
Boet honestly Tahtjie is a name called in good spirits from myself and I genuinely said good luck meaning it not sarcasticly.

But never mind I am just glad my team made the semis and hold tumbs , no will cheer them live at Newlands come saturday night 19h00.

So good luck and hope they dont wear that cross words jerseys. The Stormers will be hungry and for them I think its like breaking new grounds here, they need to get their heads right for this one. Glad we have Habana, he is going to play a huge role for us, leading the young ones to get their heads right.

The Stormers need to play against the Tahs on saturday like they did in round 2 or like few weeks back against the Saders to beat the Tahs.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Welcome to Newlands next week, good luck Tahtjies! :yay

Thanks very much, Mate.

I tried this morning to arrange a weekend in Cape Town for the semi, followed by a week in Sydney for the big final :yay but failed. Logistics and work commitments beat me. So, you will have to do without my company this time.

Have a great week and Saturday morning and a very lousy Saturday evening :) and don't blame Stuart Dickinson ;).

Good luck to your blokes.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Go the Tahs, I would love to see the Tahs in the Grand final even if they are New South welshman & we'd all have to put up with WJ thrashwanking for a 7 days.

But they are the best of the Aussies so I'm on board.

This tahs team is a hell of a lot better than the side that travelled to south africa 3 months ago the backs are playing a hell of a lot better & they have plenty of depth in the forwards to go the full 80 minutes.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
if the tahs manage to get a home final by a miracle, I will paint myself skyblue....

...and thats not a pretty sight

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
RugbyFuture said:
if the tahs manage to get a home final by a miracle, I will paint myself skyblue....

...and thats not a pretty sight

If the Tahs manage to get a home final by miracle, the crusaders have to come back to sydney

Crusaders:
R13: Pretoria
R14: Christchurch
SF: Pretoria
GF: Sydney

Thats one hell of an itinerary

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
#1 Tah said:
If the Tahs manage to get a home final by miracle, the Crusaders have to come back to Sydney.

Crusaders:
R11: Perth
R12: Cape Town

You missed the start of the Saders' epic journey. Well, I suppose they are crusaders, should they detour via Jerusalem after Pretoria? ::) ::) ::)

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lindommer said:
#1 Tah said:
If the Tahs manage to get a home final by miracle, the Crusaders have to come back to Sydney.

Crusaders:
R11: Perth
R12: Cape Town

You missed the start of the Saders' epic journey. Well, I suppose they are crusaders, should they detour via Jerusalem after Pretoria? ::) ::) ::)

Anything to help the lag (shouldn't say that seeing as i am jewish)

R

Rugby Rat

Round 2 stats weren't that bad for the Tahs. In saying that they were belted on the scoreboard. They've gotta have some demons about the Stormers at home.

I see the Stormers strength being that they have a longer average length of a ruck. ::)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:
Welcome to Newlands next week, good luck Tahtjies! :yay

Thanks very much, Mate.

I tried this morning to arrange a weekend in Cape Town for the semi, followed by a week in Sydney for the big final :yay but failed. Logistics and work commitments beat me. So, you will have to do without my company this time.

Have a great week and Saturday morning and a very lousy Saturday evening :) and don't blame Stuart Dickinson ;).

Good luck to your blokes.
So Dickenson get the Newlands semi? I dont mind him or M Lawrence, hope they keep an eye on Waugh in this match. :fishing

Sorry you can Make it Boet, would have been great. Any of the Sydney Scarfers maybe coming to witness a feast?

Our kiddies will play sport just around the corner against Rondebosch from friday, so walking the line and the big game will be one hell of a weekend of sport for myself and something I look forward to. :thumb

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
OK Waratah supporters, enough of the pleasantries: come next Saturday, how are we going to roll these c*nts?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Lawrence is a decent ref, he won't be the reason we win or lose

The Bulls will struggle with Dickensen as they dive in and close off at times whilst the Crusaders stay on their feet

S

simonr

Stormers seem to have good set up in the defensive line, and get their forwards back up out of the rucks and into the line quicker than most other teams. Their forwards are very fit as well, so wont tire as quickly as the Chiefs and Canes big men did. Our key to winning this will be through counter attack from kick return, or an individual piece of brilliance. If we try to grind them out, we will be out ground.

Sagerian

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think the Tahs making better use of the attacking kick will keep the Stormers defense in two minds. If the players creep up, the tahs can kick past them (and have a good try percentage rate when they do) and if the Stormers sit back expecting kicks, the Tahs have shown they can run it.

We'll have a good chance!

G

Geeves

Defeating the Stormers will be tough for NSW but not impossible.

The big problem for NSW is that they are away and it generally when they play their worst rugby. They have only won 3 out of 7 on the road and the wins against the Force and QLD were exceptionally lucky. However, they are now playing some very entertaining rugby: Barnes and Beale have been exceptionally good in last couple of weeks in their creativity; and Mitchell has been flying on the wing. The Tahs forward pack is the best in Aus as a unit but the loss of Robinson will be something that the stormers will target.

The Stormers will target the set pieces and I'm expecting them to dominate there. The breakdown should be about equal if the Tahs make sure they turn up. The Tahs are going to have to provide a combination of hard work up the guts with their forwards and then use some entertaining attack (somehow I'm expecting a couple of chip kicks) to get though the stormers rushing defensive patterns. While the defensive questions and the ability of the stormers players to intercept can not be underestimated by NSW.

It's going to be a tough rugby match and until the teams are announced and confirmed picking a winner is too tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.