• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Setanta Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
quick question for the boys. Am thinking about adding Setanta to my fox, anyone have this? is it value?

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
I've had it for a wee while but not sure on the value. Loads of Magners League (some of it live) but usually only one recorded Guinness game per week. The broadcast of the Guinness game can also get a bit weird; sometimes you here the commentators talking about a replay that we dont get to see. I think a bit of a lost opportunity all round really - plenty of UK rugby coverage plus analysis shows could be broadcast but for whatever reason (money??!!) it isnt.

Not sure where the Autumn Internationals are being showed but the Heineken Cup games are usually shown on ESPN (which has its on issues).

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
For those of you with cable or satellite, I strongly that you get Eurosport's Pacific Channel added. I get it here in Indonesia and it has some good rugby. Most weeks there are two of the top games from each of France and England - live and next-day replays.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Sully said:
I'm pretty certain it is not available through Foxtel here.
Foxtel are meant to be adding a new Eurosport channel as part of their new wave of channels coming online in the next month or so. Hopefully this will be the same one the Biffo is referring to.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
You will like it if you get it. I pay USD 30 per month for about 200 channels. I get Star Sport, SkySports, Eurosport, ESPN and Australia Network. I could get more channels but it doesn't seem worth it.

What is sensational is SuperSport from RSA. I am in Bangkok this week and called in to my favourite sports bar last night where they have 4 of the 7 SuperSport channels. I could go there an hour from now to watch Matt To'omua live for Western Province but have been sidetracked. SuperSport covers just about any sport worth watching.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Biffo said:
You will like it if you get it. I pay USD 30 per month for about 200 channels. I get Star Sport, SkySports, Eurosport, ESPN and Australia Network. I could get more channels but it doesn't seem worth it.

What is sensational is SuperSport from RSA. I am in Bangkok this week and called in to my favourite sports bar last night where they have 4 of the 7 SuperSport channels. I could go there an hour from now to watch Matt To'omua live for Western Province but have been sidetracked. SuperSport covers just about any sport worth watching.

We can't get it here. Must be some baloney broadcasting rights issue.

Setanta is okay. I enjoy watching the Magners league highlights and the Guinness game they hav one each week. There's the 6N to come and they also show some test cricket, mostly from the sub-continents. Not a huge poofball fan but if you are you can watch it all day long.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Gagger said:
Didn't Setanta go bust a coupla months back?

From the Setanta website:

Setanta Sports Customers from England, Wales or Scotland please be advised that it is with great regret that Setanta Sports GB is no longer trading. Setanta Sports is still operating in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and Africa.
Customers from ROI and NI should go to www.setanta.com/ie and www.setanta.com/northernireland respectively, for more information.
Setanta Sport Limited
Setanta Transmissions (UK) Limited
Setanta Sports S.a.r.l
(All In Administration)
(together "the Companies")

On 23 June 2009, all partners in Deloitte LLP were appointed Joint Administrators of the Companies and now manage the affairs, business and property of Setanta Sport Limited and Setanta Transmissions (UK) Limited and Setanta Sports S.a.r.l.. The Joint Administrators contract as agents of the Companies and without personal liability
For further information, please continue to refer to our website, which will be updated regularly.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I see that Eurosports (as apart from Eurosportsnews) will be added to my Foxtel package in November but there is no indication of what sports, and what rugby competitions in particular, will be available to FoxSports, nor which will be offered by them for viewing.

I'm hoping though. I know that they broadcast some Top14 matches and they have a partnership with the BBC to broadcast the Heineken Cup this season - but who knows what we will get here?

Watch this space.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lee Grant said:
I see that Eurosports (as apart from Eurosportsnews) will be added to my Foxtel package in November but there is no indication of what sports, and what rugby competitions in particular, will be available to FoxSports, nor which will be offered by them for viewing.

I'm hoping though. I know that they broadcast some Top14 matches and they have a partnership with the BBC to broadcast the Heineken Cup this season - but who knows what we will get here?

Watch this space.

The Eurosports Pacific Channel that I get in Indonesia broadcasts two Top 14 and two Premier League games live each week - and replays most of them a day or two later. It also covers the Heineken Cup - major pool games and all knockout games. It has a few extras - for example, this year there was quite a bit of the U20 WC.

If you get that coverage, you should be happy.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Anyone know if the new Eurosports channel would include some cycling? Classics, Vuelta, Giro - stuff that isn't shown here.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ash said:
Anyone know if the new Eurosports channel would include some cycling? Classics, Vuelta, Giro - stuff that isn't shown here.

If it's the same service as Indonesia, there will be plenty of such high class cycling.

When I get back Indonesia next week I may post some of the Eurosports Pacific channel programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.