• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shorks Vs Tahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Well said that man: there is something about precise meat and potatoes rugby that I find charming. It is horrendously under rated. There is nothing in the ELVs played with the FK sanctions that says you must play like a chook with his head cut off, and if the Tahs had a cohesive backline who could pass and catch, they would prove it week after week.

But they don't, and nor have the Sharks backs played as a unit in the last month.

I don't think that the Crusaders have the cattle to win the S14 this year but at times they have got rewards for basic good play that have gone beyond that expected from so many inexperienced players. Those rewards have been gained by no-fuss rugby. Sure they have problems scoring tries, but the groundwork is there for 2010.

Either the Sharks or the Tahs may make the S14 semis, but if they can't get their backs to do basic things, they will be cannon fodder.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lee Grant said:
Well said that man: there is something about precise meat and potatoes rugby that I find charming. It is horrendously under rated. There is nothing in the ELVs played with the FK sanctions that says you must play like a chook with his head cut off, and if the Tahs had a cohesive backline who could pass and catch, they would prove it week after week.

yes Lee, we are now all well aware of your likings of your 'meat and potatoes' before a game of rugby, but let's stick to the topic please?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Blue said:
Gagger said:
PaarlBok said:
Yep , look like a good side.

Yes, it is. Fucken cagey sharks.

Too much talk from the Tahs camp. First Mowen with his little ego trip and then all this yadday yadda about the sharks delaying team announcements.

Jacobs is playing with a tear in his shoulder, Pienaar just back from injury, decision to play or not play a guy who flew in from the UK on Tuesday. It's completely acceptable to leave the announcement to the last minute. Too much conspiracy theory.

They do it every bloody week!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Gagger said:
Blue said:
Gagger said:
PaarlBok said:

Too much talk from the Tahs camp. First Mowen with his little ego trip and then all this yadday yadda about the sharks delaying team announcements.

Jacobs is playing with a tear in his shoulder, Pienaar just back from injury, decision to play or not play a guy who flew in from the UK on Tuesday. It's completely acceptable to leave the announcement to the last minute. Too much conspiracy theory.

Own up. You have a life size poster of Growden on your wall.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
Spot on Lee. I also went and looked up the pack weights after reading the article this morning. Sharks actually have a very averaged size pack for a Saffer side. I give the Tahs a slight edge in the scrums. Du Plessis has not been good this season. Too much rotation? Don't expect it to have bearing on the game though. The battle between The Beast and The Architect should be a good one.
Think the Tjarks will be much more scrumwise to the Tin Ears lot. Look like the refs have blwn the object of touch , pause , engage these days, look like a waiste of breathe. The Tin Ears look like engaging a bit late and got caught on the back foot with the hit. The Tjarks wont fall in that trap. Will be interesting to watch but I am expecting a Tjark blow out here. They have a lot of scores to settle on saturday and hope they will.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Blue said:
Spot on Lee. I also went and looked up the pack weights after reading the article this morning. Sharks actually have a very averaged size pack for a Saffer side. I give the Tahs a slight edge in the scrums. Du Plessis has not been good this season. Too much rotation? Don't expect it to have bearing on the game though. The battle between The Beast and The Architect should be a good one.
Think the Tjarks will be much more scrumwise to the Tin Ears lot. Look like the refs have blwn the object of touch , pause , engage these days, look like a waiste of breathe. The Tin Ears look like engaging a bit late and got caught on the back foot with the hit. The Tjarks wont fall in that trap. Will be interesting to watch but I am expecting a Tjark blow out here. They have a lot of scores to settle on saturday and hope they will.

PB, have you EVER tipped an Australian team to beat a South African team?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:
Blue said:

PB, have you EVER tipped an Australian team to beat a South African team?
Bliksem I,ve tipped the Force over my team the Stormers this weekend. ::)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
See its now 20-love. Have to give my sympathy to the Reds, difficult to play against a side still in with a semi change and your out. That hunger isnt there anymore and more a case of going through the losing motions.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
They did it last year to the Stormers in the rain and again this year to the Sharks. A deserved and hard grind out win. Terreblanche was just shocking and hope he wont come close to a Bok jersey. But the most worrying aspect was the Sharks scumming.

Hats off to Waugh and his men.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Credit to Lawrence, he once again did justice to the ranking ref list. The replacement scrumming in trouble for that shoulder charge on Barrit. Sure most of the Aussie lot on here would have shite their pants if they were on the recieving end. ::)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Well done Tahs forwards and especially in that 20 or so minute period in the 2nd half when the Sharks were parked in the Tahs 22.

Was disappointed that the Tahs backs didn't give the ball a bit of air early in the game, as they did in Bloem, when it was dry and Tahu in prime form again. Our backs have to learn to play off Tahu when he's playing like this because a couple of times he made a break and looked around for support but there was nobody there.

They were never going to win a kicking contest against the likes of Terblanche; so they may as well have run the pill upfield more.

Talking about Terblanche: this guy is an absolute cat. He didn't have the guts to attempt to tackle Palu in Sydney near the line last year and was too frightened to fall on the ball in goal tonight because somebody may have fallen on him. His soft missed hack at the ball lost the game.

Good to see TPN throwing accurately to the lineout again. It was interesting that the Sharks didn't throw much against Mowen at 2. They must have watched the tapes from last week and how good he was there. But our guys should have contested more in the middle of the lineout.

Phil Waugh got the man of the match award, and I thought he was close to it last week, but I thought Will Caldwell was quite magnificent.

Am puzzled about the Sharks. They looked like world beaters early in the season but they had nothing tonight.

As it stands before the Bulls v Cheetahs match, the Chiefs, Canes, Bulls and Crusaders are in the top 4 spots and I can't see that order changing.

As a Tahs fan I should be going for the Chiefs against the Brumbies on Friday night but I know that I won't be able to do it. The Tahs have had their chances to score 4 tries in a match during the season but they have ruined them by kicking the ball away and an obsession with inside passes and crashballing. Serves them right.

Carn the Brumbies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Blue said:
Gagger said:
Blue said:
Gagger said:
PaarlBok said:

Own up. You have a life size poster of Growden on your wall.

from Aug 2007 http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/the-many-faces-of-greg/

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Credit to Lawrence, he once again did justice to the ranking ref list. The replacement scrumming in trouble for that shoulder charge on Barrit. Sure most of the Aussie lot on here would have shite their pants if they were on the recieving end. ::)
PB, he'll be gone for a decent rest I would think. It looked very bad, and he deserves what he gets. The good news for a Tah fan is that it means we'll be spared him getting on the park, so he can fark off west sooner. As I said on the blog last night.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Sua hopefully has his passport ready.

It amused he to listen to that sycophant pommy commentator masturbating over the power of the Sharks scrum and forward pack.

Then after the Tahs scrum got on top (two tight heads and nearly three ;D) continues complaining that the collapses were all the Tahs fault.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
fatprop said:

It amused he to listen to that sycophant pommy commentator masturbating over the power of the Sharks scrum and forward pack.

Then after the Tahs scrum got on top (two tight heads and nearly three ;D) continues complaining that the collapses were all the Tahs fault.
See my post in the Brumbies scrum thread - agree 100%
He knew nothing - thought Tahu played schools rugby for New Zealand too.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
fatprop said:

See my post in the Brumbies scrum thread - agree 100%
He knew nothing - thought Tahu played schools rugby for New Zealand too.

On Tahu, he looked good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.