• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

canowindra

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yes, there will be nowhere to hide on a league field, and I don't know how Much he will enjoy being tackled in league, where (to me at least) the tackles seem to be more aggressive.

W

waves

John will obviously need to learn difference aspects of his defence but not only that the wrestle on the ground also to get more physical if he is going to compete with the likes of Mitch Brown, Matt Utai and Lote Tuquiri. Great work to be recognised.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyone heard of ground closures for this weekend???
I cant imagine Coogee will be played on.
Imagine the pitch at Uni! farrrkkkkk

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Tomorrow's TV game is now Uni v Penrith due to the rain. Isn't it ironic that the thread was talking about Penrith and their lack of TV exposure last week.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
What is also ironic, is that only a few weeks ago that the ABC and everyone was bagging Uni No.1 but now that there is a crisis it is ok to go back there!

Only because Uni own their ground, there is no chance of council shutting it.
Especially against Penrith, when they have a great chance of hammering their for and against with 9 rep players or whatever it is. I think they are the only ones playing (could be wrong there though)

edit- Norths and Souths is still on i hear

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
from nswrugby.com.au

Updated 2:52pm, Friday 22 July
Fixture and venue information is subject to change. Please check back regularly.

Manly v Eastern Suburbs
1st Grade remains at Manly Oval
2nd, 3rd & 4th Grades – Postponed until further notice
All Colts – Postponed until further notice

Randwick v West Harbour
All Grades – Postponed until further notice

Sydney University v Penrith
1st & 2nd Grades remain at University Oval No.1.
3rd & 4th Grades – Postponed until further notice
Colts III – Postponed until further notice

Southern Districts v Northern Suburbs
All Colts – Venue change to Barden Ridge Sporting Complex

Warringah v Eastwood
All Grades – Postponed until further notice

Parramatta v Gordon
3rd & 4th Grades – Postponed until further notice
Colts I & II – Postponed until further notice

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Penrith are finally on TV but dont have Levi or Niumata. They will lose easily and one muppet will say I told you so.

B

Brum

Can't agree more with you lily. With Sydney uni also fielding 9 super rugby players 3 of those wallabies it will be a very long day for Penrith. Hardly an even playing field! I'm afraid the result might see the Emus struggle to get a tv game for another 7 years.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Maybe the weather will save them losing 70+?

Unlikely

SYDNEY UNIVERSITY (4) v PENRITH (12) at University Oval No.1 (3:00pm)
Sydney University: 1. Jeremy Tilse, 2. Nathan Charles, 3. Laurie Weeks; 4. Dean Mumm, 5. Sam Carter; 6. Dave Dennis, 7. David Hickey, 8. Tim Davidson; 9. Matt Schwager [c], 10. Bernard Foley; 11. Greg Jeloudev, 12. Michael Hodge, 13. Tom Kingston, 14. Will du Plessis; 15. Berrick Barnes.

Penrith: 1. Dave Coventry, 2. John Aho, 3. Richard Aho; 4. Kornelio Burgess, 5. David Reopama; 6. Winnie Paulo, 7. Chris Aho, 8. Robert Carlson; 9. Viliami Vunipola, 10. Tawhiri Walsh; 11. Solomona Silipa, 12. Henry Lilomaiava, 13. Lachlan Porteous, 14. Fokolulu Taumalolo; 15. Atelea Okati.
Referee: Callan O’Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.