• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthestands

Sydney Middleton (9)
Interesting selection of Matt Dunning there. He signed for a French club, think it was Biarritz but don't quote me, and he actually failed a fitness test due to an on going neck injury. Wonder if the Eastwood insurers are aware of that.

Seriously? I doubt Tuck is even being paid 1c to play for them. He's played for the Woods since he quit soccer at 12yo. He had a season with Wests when he needed to be playing 1sts (for NSW progression in the Academy) but couldn't get a start at TG in front of Bill Young and Rod Moore, but he and his family (Casey, Josh) are all blue and white to the core.

Plus, the whole failure in that test due to a neck injury is odd given all his other ailments he's never had a known neck injury in Oz!. Sounds like they ended up with eyes on someone else or got cold feet on costs and found a reason to fail. A great reason to always have an independent medical test (which is what I think Rocky had with NSW and came up with the goods).

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Grand Final should be an absolute cracker between the two stand out clubs from this years competition. Cannot wait to see the completely different styles clash and see which comes out on top. Lean towards Eastwood but it will be a mighty tussel. Really disappointed with the media coverage given in the lead up, I understand it is World Cup time but thought the rugby media could have provided a little coverage of the conclusion of the domestic competitions both Sydney and Brisbane. Thanks to Aunty at least the game can be seen by those unable to attend.
Disappointed maybe , but hardly surprising.
It's the same every year.
I had hoped the SRU might be a little more supportive & proactive than the NSWRU in this respect , but clearly it's not.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Disappointed maybe , but hardly surprising.
It's the same every year.
I had hoped the SRU might be a little more supportive & proactive than the NSWRU in this respect , but clearly it's not.

Is it possible the SRU was brought back just for the City/Country game?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Is it possible the SRU was brought back just for the City/Country game?

Forgive me for being pedantic but City v Country is another code altogether. Sydney v NSW Country has ALWAYS been the rugby fixture.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Hope its a good game today, Waugh's last, go the Orc.
Not fussed about who wins, I suppose the Uni dynasty continues, wanted Manly to win amongst the top teams

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Souths won 2nds, good stuff.
,Main game on, great day for rugby, cool, overcast with nice green surface of Concord

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Halanaghu is knocked out, will probably go off, reminiscent of Fainga'a from last night.

Huge blow, he kicked the first goal well.

3-0 Sydney University.

edit: he's staying on

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
13-9 Eastwood at Half Time

Nic White attempts a ridiculous 60m kick that's line is off target but goes dead on the full.

Eastwood had more chances and looked the better side but of course Uni will come back very strong in 2nd half, especially with their bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.