• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012 ins and outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sydney Shute Shield teams may need to be careful, as there are several Subbies clubs with money to spend on players - especially those who have realised that they are not going to pick up Super contracts. Guys like Anaru Matthews (Balmain), Leo Afeaki (Drummoyne), Vinny Byrne & Greg Wade (Brothers) are going to set examples for other players to follow.

I don't see any particular problem with this. The reality is that only a very small proportion of players ever get to play professionally, and some who do make it end their careers playing in the less demanding environment of Subbies. Whether their motivation is to earn a few more dollars or to avoid training for more than one or two nights a week, it's all part of the rich tapestry of rugby.

The drift from the Premiership clubs to Subbies has been going on for decades but is not necessarily a cause for concern. There is always another group of young hopefuls keen to explore their potential in the senior competition.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
I am somewhat bemused by the concept of subbies becoming semi-professional - good luck to the sponsors!

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I am somewhat bemused by the concept of subbies becoming semi-professional - good luck to the sponsors!

Particularly when big clubs like Easts (300K) and Gordon (450+K) are posting big financial losses.....................allegedly!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
God knows what Gordon have been spending the money on - not that Easts have been travelling much better.
I'd be surprised if any supplier to a rugby club would do other than COD.

andrew williams

Frank Row (1)
anyone heard of a young bloke by the name of fox playing out of penrith? didnt play much this year with an ankle problem but has had surgery and on the mend.. anyone know anything about him?
he played and scored twice in penrith 2nd grade team that beat us,

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Particularly when big clubs like Easts (300K) and Gordon (450+K) are posting big financial losses.....................allegedly!
And two other prominent clubs have outstanding debts .....allegedly , as you probably know.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Weren't Randwick in a bit of trouble last year? Unable to pay their council rates for use of the ground?

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Too many posts are made with no actual facts to support them. One that is correct is that Matt Hopper the blond 2nd grader from Manly a couple of seasons ago has been selected in the Saxons squad.
I only put this post in this thread because for some reason it has become the all encompassing SS thread.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What are "actual facts"?
Do you require that every poster cite the source for every allegedly factual proposition?
Of the posts immediately preceding yours which, since you dont identify the posts that offend you, I assume prompted your observations one uses the word allegedly and the other asks a question.
Are you complaining about the posting of rumour?
Finally, your own post cites no source, authority or basis and is, therefore, as open to doubt as anything posted. I suspect you are comfortable that you "know" that Hooper is in the Saxons squad - isnt that a sufficient basis for anyone to post?
If you have information contrary to what's posted the beauty of this place, which i accept comes at a cost, is that youre in a position to contradict the poster and can add as much corroboration as you feel is warranted.

I only post this because its not the first time i have seen people complaining that something hasn't been proven: nothing can be proven on here!

K

Keithy

I can prove night follows day or is it day follows night. Yep nothing is proven here!

P

Porto

Ed Slater who was part of Easts 2nd grade premiership winning side in 2009 has also been named in the same Saxons squad

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
God knows what Gordon have been spending the money on - not that Easts have been travelling much better.
I'd be surprised if any supplier to a rugby club would do other than COD.
I guess this includes the players who are promised XYZ - hopefully their managers are doing their job and collecting payment on match day, and annual fees on a scheduled basis. Seen an NRL club burnt by sponsors not delivering. Regular payments would be good for the club because they will build up less debts if people withdraw services earlier for non-payment (ie the shit hits the fan before the situation is really bad).

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
What are "actual facts"?
Do you require that every poster cite the source for every allegedly factual proposition?
Of the posts immediately preceding yours which, since you dont identify the posts that offend you, I assume prompted your observations one uses the word allegedly and the other asks a question.
Are you complaining about the posting of rumour?
Finally, your own post cites no source, authority or basis and is, therefore, as open to doubt as anything posted. I suspect you are comfortable that you "know" that Hooper is in the Saing that youxons squad - isnt that a sufficient basis for anyone to post?
If you have information contrary to what's posted the beauty of this place, which i accept comes at a cost, is that youre in a position to contradict the poster and can add as much corroboration as you feel is warranted.

I only post this because its not the first time i have seen people complaining that something hasn't been proven: nothing can be proven on here!

And at times sources can not be revealed. Whether we like it or not, this forum is a form of journalism. And like all press, you take it all in and then determine what to believe. If you believe everything that you hear or read then I have a bridge to sell you.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I hear he was seen lunching with TPN and the 2 Blues coach in a very nice North Parramatta eatery yesterday
Further to that rumour , my information is that Campese has definitely signed with Wests .
Maybe he was telling TPN how good it is at Wests , & asking him & the coach if they'd like to come across ?
p.s. also back with Wests is Salesi .

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Further to that rumour , my information is that Campese has definitely signed with Wests .
Maybe he was telling TPN how good it is at Wests , & asking him & the coach if they'd like to come across ?
p.s. also back with Wests is Salesi .

good to hear, as Parra have some good young props coming through..................I remember their match v Manly at Manly last year (god Manly were lucky). I don't know why Parra would want the Ma'afu brothers, they would never be around anyway.

I believe the Two Blues Coach has asked on this website before ' why would he go to Wests?'..............or words to that effect

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
good to hear, as Parra have some good young props coming through..................I remember their match v Manly at Manly last year (god Manly were lucky). I don't know why Parra would want the Ma'afu brothers, they would never be around anyway.

I believe the Two Blues Coach has asked on this website before ' why would he go to Wests?'..............or words to that effect

Perhaps , but a number of coaches from other clubs go there.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
I for one would coach there if asked. They have a fair bit of dough, fantastic facilities and strong community and corporate support. But the fact remains, that despite this, and the player list they have had in recent years, they have under achieved. Which forces you to ask the question......'what is the problem there?' Would love to hear from someone in the know.

T

Tahboy

Been through the Wests discussion, wests supporters get too defensive and until they accept there is a problem it can't be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.