• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Bit late but I was impressed with what I saw @ Chatswwd Oval on Saturday.
* Programme insert commented on the fact that 24 out of 30 1st & 2nd Grade players were Gordon juniors!
* Big emphasis by `Friend of Gordon' in relation to above, with support not only going to Senior Club but also their Juniors
* Gordon won 3 of the 4 grades against Randwick- also won Colts ! but were smashed in Colts 2

I got the overall impression they are on their way back- long road to go, but was impressed with what I saw.

S

Shoreman

It was a beautiful afternoon at north sydney oval with some terrific rugby played in all grades. It was a great day for norths, winning all grades and colts against west harbour. West harbour were unlucky to lose 2nds with norths coming from behind and scoring a converted try after the siron to win by a few.

In 1sts, west harbour's midfield and wide defence was poor at times, gifting norths some easy tries. End score of 48 - 23 a fair reflection of the match.

R

ruggingrunby

Unfortunately I haven't been able to catch much of the Shute Shield this season. I was wondering if anyone is able to fill me in on the progress of a few ex-John I Dent players who are running around with various SS clubs this year. Such as Nua Alone (West Harbour), Patto Noriega (Randwick), Sam Yakopo (Parra) and Liam Winton (Uni).

Any updates would be appreciated. These guys (some of them more than others) were quite good to watch in the Canberra club comp. and I was wondering how they have adjusted to a bigger 'more reputable' comp.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Unfortunately I haven't been able to catch much of the Shute Shield this season. I was wondering if anyone is able to fill me in on the progress of a few ex-John I Dent players who are running around with various SS clubs this year. Such as Nua Alone (West Harbour), Patto Noriega (Randwick), Sam Yakopo (Parra) and Liam Winton (Uni).

Any updates would be appreciated. These guys (some of them more than others) were quite good to watch in the Canberra club comp. and I was wondering how they have adjusted to a bigger 'more reputable' comp.

If you live outside the NSW ABC tv catchment area, be aware that the Saturday match of the day is now repeated at 4 am Tuesday mornings, for those of us outside the pale.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The Souths v Manly game was terrific entertainment I thought. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though the defence was a little ordinary at times. I reckon one of Souths first half tries was one of the best we'll see all season, even at this early stage.

O

Ole Two Blue

Thommo's match report now on the Two Blues website. Score was actually 44-17.

No the correct score was 44-15. Penrith added up wrong and the result they rang through was incorrect. The kicker missed the first conversion by the width of the field, yet for some reason they included it as successful on their result sheet.

Parra have sent in video evidence to NSWRU to correct it.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
No the correct score was 44-15. Penrith added up wrong and the result they rang through was incorrect. The kicker missed the first conversion by the width of the field, yet for some reason they included it as successful on their result sheet.

Parra have sent in video evidence to NSWRU to correct it.

Reminds me of the time - during the seventies I think it was - that one of the newspapers rang Milner after the game to get the score. Some oaf gave them a totally wrong score - Eastwood had been thrashed by Randwick, I think it was, but next morning in the Sunday papers the score showed Eastwood having a handy win. That was the only way we could get a win in those days.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Reminds me of the time - during the seventies I think it was - that one of the newspapers rang Milner after the game to get the score. Some oaf gave them a totally wrong score - Eastwood had been thrashed by Randwick, I think it was, but next morning in the Sunday papers the score showed Eastwood having a handy win. That was the only way we could get a win in those days.
A couple of years ago Randwick played Norths at North Sydney Oval.
Norths were all over Randwick in the first half and built up a big lead by half time, but then Randwick ran them down in the second half and won.
When the ABC showed the highlights of the game the next week they reversed the sequence of the 2 tapes and played the second half first with the voice over claiming that Norths had fought back in the second half.
Having been at the game and then seeing the highlights I started to wonder whether I was going mad, before finally realising what had happened!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hugh Perrett is off to the Rebels, joining Jimmy Hilgendorf. Hope they come back fit and well, the Woodies need them both.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Easts 48 destroyed Eastwood 18 at TG Milner.

Glorious day for Easts, avenging last year's thrashings and getting a massive upset victory against the Woodies, who haven't been beaten at home in what, at least a year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.