• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabbear

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just looked on the "The official NSW Rugby website" for Shute Shield results
-- the photo gallery and match highlights are from September 2011. Nothing like keeping the supporters up to date!!! I bet the Reds website is a little more current!!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
nd
Just looked on the "The official NSW Rugby website" for Shute Shield results
-- the photo gallery and match highlights are from September 2011. Nothing like keeping the supporters up to date!!! I bet the Reds website is a little more current!!

kabbear

Frank Nicholson (4)
Your right! the pics are from 2010!!. I just hit the administration link on the web page and got the following:
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

That just about sums up the management of NSW rugby!

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Inmates have got the keys at NSW Rugby.
In 2010 they advertised the wrong semi-final colts games at the wrong venues on the wrong day.
One positive is the Club rugby scores are updated online by 7pm on Saturdays.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
How terrible is Gordon's defence? Parramatta have been very impressive but can someone tackle Leota?

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gordon 33 Parramatta 53
I suspect Coach Christini will be furious about leaking 5 tries.

Other results
Warringah 26 Randwick 13
Penrith 12 Uni 43
Norths 13 Souths 35
Easts 26 Manly 24
Eastwood 55 Wests 24

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Parra made more than 200 tackles and while they incurred 5 tries that's one hell of an effort. A few of there tries were just super as well. Gordon need to really address their defensive structures though.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Document1.jpg

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
A very entertaining season the shute shield has been thus far. Who will make the Sydney Rugby Rep team?
Any suggestions on your team list??
Here's a rough copy of a team that could be, also anyone know of any players in the shute shield that may play for Country?

1) Sam Talakai (Sydney Uni)
2) James Hilterbrand (Manly)
3) Dylan Brass (Eastwood)
4) Ben Adams (Warringah)
5) Adam Coleman (Parramatta)
6) Liam Winton (Sydney Uni)
7) Sam Latunipulu (Souths)
8) AJ Gilbert (Norths)
9) Tim Donlan (Warringah)
10) Rohan Saifolio (Souths)
11) Corey Brown (Norths)
12) Sione Piukala (Eastwood)
13) Iese Leota (Parramatta)
14) Jacob Woodhouse (Manly)
15) Ben Batger (Eastwood)
16) Nick Seymour (Norths)
17) Richard Aho (Penrith)
18) Tom Alexander (Eastwood)
19) Pauliasi Taumoepeau (Easts)
20) Luke Irwin (Easts)
21) Toby Browne (Randwick)
22) Oleni Ngungutau (West Harbour)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Loved the Parra v Gordon game. Having always had a soft spot for the Two Blues, I really enjoyed they way they played on the weekend. Some of that backline play was an order of magnitude better than a lot of the drek dished up by a few Aussie super rugby teams this year (my own included). I know it's a different level of footy, but skill is skill and it was wonderfully entertaining.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
"King" Piukala has gone, unfortunately, off to Perpignan. Yet another good young player who did not go to the right university.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
For the Parra supporters on here - how old is the halfback from Saturday, Grech? Had a very good pass which is missing in at least one OZ S15 franchise.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Kaleb 'Rech' I think is the player you mean - he is 22-23 (1989 model).

Having known him as a neighbour - he spent hours throwing footies through tyre swings (his Dad always likes to mention this!).

Nice guy, good attitude and skills to boot. There is a reason Christini has kept him reasonably close (whites-Vikings-parramatta).

R

RBS

A very entertaining season the shute shield has been thus far. Who will make the Sydney Rugby Rep team?
Any suggestions on your team list??
Here's a rough copy of a team that could be, also anyone know of any players in the shute shield that may play for Country?

1) Sam Talakai (Sydney Uni)
2) James Hilterbrand (Manly)
3) Dylan Brass (Eastwood)
4) Ben Adams (Warringah)
5) Adam Coleman (Parramatta)
6) Liam Winton (Sydney Uni)
7) Sam Latunipulu (Souths)
8) AJ Gilbert (Norths)
9) Tim Donlan (Warringah)
10) Rohan Saifolio (Souths)
11) Corey Brown (Norths)
12) Sione Piukala (Eastwood)
13) Iese Leota (Parramatta)
14) Jacob Woodhouse (Manly)
15) Ben Batger (Eastwood)
16) Nick Seymour (Norths)
17) Richard Aho (Penrith)
18) Tom Alexander (Eastwood)
19) Pauliasi Taumoepeau (Easts)
20) Luke Irwin (Easts)
21) Toby Browne (Randwick)
22) Oleni Ngungutau (West Harbour)

I'd have Tom Hill (Gordon) in at 12 with Piukala's departure.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)

Having known him as a neighbour - he spent hours throwing footies through tyre swings (his Dad always likes to mention this!).

Nice guy, good attitude and skills to boot. There is a reason Christini has kept him reasonably close (whites-Vikings-parramatta).

Speaking of youngsters, Christini is doing great things. The Parramatta pack are kids; Blacklock and Hoscher played Colts last year (although Hosh played a lot of 1st grade), Seteuni is about a year older, as are Olmstead, Coleman and White . Andrew Cox is the old man at 24ish although Aniseko could be slightly older. They are punching well above their weight, age and experience. In the backs, Sam Yakopo is 19, Tui Faasasila and Moses Tavola are 20 along with Rech at 22. Only Leota, Fakafanua and possibly Dan Yakopo are (just) on the other side of 25.
When you watch them, Parra are playing the way Rugby should be played, for each other and the joy of the game. No one is on big money, no egos rule. They show respect but seem to fear no-one. It's to be hoped the former players and supporters who walked away in the tough years will see the new spirit at Parramatta, come back to watch these boys and help rebuild Australia's second oldest Rugby Club.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
...Nice guy, good attitude and skills to boot. There is a reason Christini has kept him reasonably close (whites-Vikings-parramatta).
I'm not sure what the selection criteria are for the Sydney team but, if eligible, Rech would do a good job. Quality player, quality pass, quality guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.