• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
What about James Willan? Played Aus schoolboys, Toyota Cup for Cronulla and then played a year of colts at Gordon and is valued at zero points? This is only his second year at uni? Tom Boidin has played for the Brumbies and is at zero points. Greg Jeloudev aus schools and aus 7s and is at zero points. Sam Talakai Samoan u20s.

James Willan starts his third season at the club after two season playing third grade and from memory note if otherwise Toyota Cup points are irrelevant in the points system. Boidin, Jeloudev and Talakai were all apart of the same colts team at Uni.
Brumbies selected Boidin after his second year in colts and Jeloudev joined the 7s circuit after playing in the 1st Grade GF despite starting the year in 1st colts. Talakai chose to continue his development in the Shute Shield turning down a chance to represent Tonga at the JWC.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Talakai chose to continue his development in the Shute Shield turning down a chance to represent Tonga at the JWC.

Really? If I was one of the PI boys I certainly wouldn't miss a chance like that.

Rasolea for the Force is proof that it's a positive experience.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
In my opinion Talakai could do with learning to cut out the off the ball cr@p and the petty niggling that he continuously does during a game.
If he went looking for the ball/breakdown quicker rather than channeling Carter after the ball has gone he would be a much much better player.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
In my opinion Talakai could do with learning to cut out the off the ball cr@p and the petty niggling that he continuously does during a game.
If he went looking for the ball/breakdown quicker rather than channeling Carter after the ball has gone he would be a much much better player.

Disagree Gunner he is far from that type of player and Uni representative Bruce will adhere to that. His growth as a player is a testament to the Uni training régime.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Disagree Gunner he is far from that type of player and Uni representative Bruce will adhere to that. His growth as a player is a testament to the Uni training régime.

I'm at a loss for words - almost. Sammy Talakai? "off the ball cr@p and the petty niggling that he continuously does during a game"!!

I have watched the young bloke since he came to Uni Colts and observed him very closely. The more so because I am so addicted to scrummaging that I watch scrums through binoculars: and I can honestly say that I have never noticed anything remotely in line with what Gunner is on about.

It seems odd that I have never heard any of the Uni players mention this aspect of his game.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Well I could be easily be wrong but I watched Uni three times this season and he always seems to having a sly push on the back or holding on to opposition players after the breakdown and the ball has gone.
No comments on scrummage time - as a 7 and backrow coach I left the dark arts alone.
But the things I mention were the sort of thing that really annoyed me as a coach - sort of bating a player (which as a player I often took).
If an opposition player does it you get annoyed but if a player from your own team does it you back them up - we all have a different view on things.
I will also check - he is the 3 for Uni 1sts yeah?

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)

Utter shite.

A little known fact is that as captain of Waverley College 1st XV, Sam led the team through a whole season without one yellow or red card. Given that Waverley probably average two yellows a game, your slur against Sam is just so inappropriate.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Belly - When in doubt - Don't feed the trolls ;)

Indeed wanker - it reminds me of the great Gordon sledge of Eastwood during and after the infamous (in Woodies' history) '76 GF loss .....
in falsetto voices all together now " Woody, woody ,woody":)

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Utter shite.

A little known fact is that as captain of Waverley College 1st XV, Sam led the team through a whole season without one yellow or red card. Given that Waverley probably average two yellows a game, your slur against Sam is just so inappropriate.
I have watched Sam and his brother Chris through Waverley College & Colts matches for the past 7 years. They are great young fellas as well as footballers. I dont recall seeing Sam do anything dodgy at all. By the way, I am not a Uni supporter either.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Indeed wanker - it reminds me of the great Gordon sledge of Eastwood during and after the infamous (in Woodies' history) '76 GF loss ...
in falsetto voices all together now " Woody, woody ,woody":)
I'm guessing you were not referring to Gibbo as a "wanker", and were referencing the poster on the previous page having a crack at Parra? I hope so.
In any event, best to not refer to other posters as wankers, else it might be misinterpreted! ;)

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
I'm guessing you were not referring to Gibbo as a "wanker", and were referencing the poster on the previous page having a crack at Parra? I hope so.
In any event, best to not refer to other posters as wankers, else it might be misinterpreted! ;)

Certainly not the first time I've been called a wanker

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Certainly not the first time I've been called a wanker

Certainly not the Lone Ranger either.

Plenty of us are fully paid up members of that club. Some would even claim Life Membership. :)

Can I say that I "normally" don't like the Gay Gordons for tribal reasons, but the efforts that you and the others of the New Deal are putting in to keep them going and reinvigorating the club are certainly appreciated by most in Heavensgame.
At the moment I only feel pity for the Highlanders. That is not a natural state of affairs, and is not good for rugby.

Good Luck - Take small steps and be determined. The Highlanders need to be "hated" not pitied. Shute Shield "hatred" is founded in respect. Restore the natural balance.

B

BellyTwoBlues

Ex Samoa 7's player solomona silipa, is lining up for penrith this weekend, after speaking to Ratu Maravunawasawasa personally he has told me payments have been missed and he will be looking to play elsewhere for the remainder of the year. the same case with Daniel Yakopo, this is not starting rumours, i am stating facts and whether belly gets on the offensive or not this remains a problem parramatta have had for years. it may be the case that parramatta are winning games no one can argue with that, this is a case of bulding a team on false pretenses.

Also up Woodys leading the way should be a great game at pittwater this weekend.

Ah yes. Solomona has left. You are correct. He was unhappy playing 2nd grade and was told by his new coach that he can play 1st grade and not have to train. He's now working night shift and felt the guarantee of playing 1s without having to work for it suited him. Not the way I'd run a club but hey, I'm no expert!
As for the other players you mention. You claim you're not starting rumours. Again this is crap. I have evidence to support my argument, do you?

What payments have been missed?

andrew williams

Frank Row (1)
Look for Penrith to notch their first win of the season.. after an off season player raid i think Sateki is doing well building a side off last years 1st colts and a mash up of decent players they have found and retained from last season, although they are not the side i follow i can understand the frustration they must have of building a 1st grade side only to have the side spread out over the rest of the shute shield the next season, Ricahard Aho and Toa Asa are classic examples.

After watching some of their 1st Colts games last year the talent out west is absolutely remarkable, Players such as Geroge Magalogo (20), Sione Fifita (20), James Umu (19), Adam Barrington (20), Campbelle Hislop (19) have all had first grade starts and although i haven't seen a Penrith game this year from all reports on handicap these boys are outstanding. Not to mention Lachlan Fox (20) who is yet to play a game this year through injury and sime moelasi (17) playing reserve grade, i expect Penrith to cause some major upsets this season and provided these young men arnt poached come the end of 2013 i can see a huge year for the emus in 2014.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is probably best to be absolutely certain of all the facts before posting in these forums about moneys not being paid either for coaching or playing.

When you are certain of the facts it is then often prudent to conduct a conversation one on one with the alleged debtor before dropping the clanger on these threads.

There is always two sides to these stories.

Turning to the Emus. Leadership, discipline, vision, communication skills, passion, integration, innovation, intuition, honesty, patience, sheer bloody minded determination, and a pool of long suffering volunteers seem to be the key ingredients for the Club rescue recipe. Did I mention Leadership? If you build it, they will come.

Heavensgame can not afford to lose the foothold in Sydney's outer Inner Western Suburbs, despite the annual rumours of downsizing the Shute Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.