• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
gee 2Blues v Penrith could be a good one - nice for penrith to sneak first win but should be Parra .

Some other tight ones loom but - Uni, Manly , Norths and Woods for me.

The local tabloid says a few last minute and surprise changes by Blakey to Marlins line up and our resident tweeter has established with the locals that the best place to dine in the Shire for hungry Marlins players and supporters is Growlers !

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hopefully last word on the matter but I too know Sam personally and although a Uni boy he has many friends at the Wicks through the Wav Coll connection and I can attest that he is a great fella on and off the field. He plays hard but fair, enough said

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Parra 35 Penrith 25. Once again the Two Blues score five tries but they leaked 5 as well, a few of them embarrassing. Good to get our traditional banana skin game out of the way and nice to see big Charlie Leaeno make a comeback.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Went down to Uni Oval yesterday to watch the Students do battle with Randwick. Michael Cheika must've heard I was intending to go and decided to join me. And a few others, Bill Pulver, etc. I guess we were all there to see how Kurtley scrubbed up: he looked bloody fit, not a sign of flab anywhere, that lovely exceleration he showed scoring that try against Wales last year is still there. At times he looked a bit unsure where he should stand, that's understandable seeing he's done bugger all training with the Wicks this year. But dunno if I'd pick him for the Wallabies this year, he looked as if he needed a few more games to get his mojo back.

Some very good news for Rugby in Sydney's West. According to their Facebook page James O'Connor has joined West Harbour.

And where else would a talented young rugby player head to? :rolleyes:

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
You think he would be playing club rugby in Melb - if he ever had to
There was a lot of posts recently ,suggesting how good it would be for the development & promotion of Rugby in the West if
Israel Folau had joined one of the clubs situated in that area .
I see this signing in the same light.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
No, you used the literary technique of using an abusive quote to berate me and my defense of Sam and you pretend innocence. I took offence.

i thought the smiley face on the end would convey the mood in which it was meant to be said. Im sorry you found it abusive and took offence. PM me your address and id be happy to send you out a tablespoon full of cement...

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Went down to Uni Oval yesterday to watch the Students do battle with Randwick. Michael Cheika must've heard I was intending to go and decided to join me. And a few others, Bill Pulver, etc. I guess we were all there to see how Kurtley scrubbed up: he looked bloody fit, not a sign of flab anywhere, that lovely exceleration he showed scoring that try against Wales last year is still there. At times he looked a bit unsure where he should stand, that's understandable seeing he's done bugger all training with the Wicks this year. But dunno if I'd pick him for the Wallabies this year, he looked as if he needed a few more games to get his mojo back.

And where else would a talented young rugby player head to? :rolleyes:

Any input on how Kingston shaped up at fullback ? Heard he did suprisingly well last week

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
apart from the high priced help at No 1 Uni, was there any appreciable increase in the crowd numbers at Wicks v Students because there would be Wobs present (more than usual) at a Shute Shield game.

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Kingston played almost all the game at 13 as Michael Hodge was injured early in the game. Kingston was very solid; 13 is his preferred position.

Beale looked good although I'd like to see him play a few more games before he gets a gold jersey again. Also good to see Drew Mitchell turning out after being in Christchurch the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.