• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
I'm still keen to hear from anyone who wants to have a run at Gordon this year. With the previous mentioned changes 4s have lost a few players to the higher grades.

Feel free to drop me personal message or come to Narremburn oval on Thursday and ask for Gibbo. There will be a BBQ at Chatswood oval after training with the whole club there and Free beers.

Entry into the ground on Saturday is free of anyone 30-and-under. Also beers during the 2nd half of 1st Grade are $3.

Cheers

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Also the site is back up and I think my company will be taking on the club's Digital strategy by the sounds of it.
because I have so much spare time ;)

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Hey Gibbo, rumour has it Gordon won't be able to field a 2nd or 3rd Colts and will be using the extras up the grades.

Does this mean you will be running like mad hatters with young guns to wear the oppositions out...and what will happen to the "Greybeards"

Free beers at a rugby club!?! Surely the quickest way to go broke:D

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Rugby Central - Yes unfortunately only 1 team of Colts. They are a great group of young-blokes and I will be lucky to have some of them step up into 4s to help out. On a bright note Mark Preston came along to training last night and will be running in 3s this weekend. Re: the Greybeards - a few of the guys are a 'getting the band back together' and we'll look to mix it up. As with most guys with Family commitments etc its a week to week proposition.

This club was a big part of my youth and I just hope I can help build the culture and make it an attractive club to young and older players who are looking for a fun place to play competitive footy. As my old Colt's coach Gordon Ogilvie used to say "Consistant performance at the highest possible standard - both on and off the field". We have to set high standards and then meet them - starting with being good blokes.

I think the Free beer on Thursday night might be a one-off start of season thing ;)

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Emails "flooding in" (get it?) as to all the cancellations: how do they do it in England?
A bit of rain in this country and the whole joint goes to pieces - train, traffic but most importantly rugbyy cancellations

I think that it's mainly a case of local councils going to water.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think that it's mainly a case of local councils going to water.
I have heard that every time it rains and football is played on Chatswood oval it costs the council $50k to fix it. There are some problems with that theory - - such as why dont they wait until the end of the season and pay $50k only once?
Thats what they did when I played there: I have the scars to prove it!

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I have heard that every time it rains and football is played on Chatswood oval it costs the council $50k to fix it. There are some problems with that theory - - such as why dont they wait until the end of the season and pay $50k only once?
Thats what they did when I played there: I have the scars to prove it!

Cricket pitches and rugby: not a good mix.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Chatswood Oval. Not quite as bad as Uni Oval but not far ahead of it either. Terrible field for rugby
I can happily report that Sydney Uni will be treated to a lush, flat and cricket pitch free surface at MRSL Park on Saturday, thanks to our brilliant Groundsman Frank Lawson.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Teams named for RD 1

EASTWOOD V SOUTHERN DISTRICTS at TG Millner Field (ABC TV game, kick off 3pm)

Eastwood: 1 Marty Plokstys, 2 Hugh Roach, 3 Dylan Brass, 4 Steve Cummins, 5 Mitch Lees, 6 Sione Tau, 7 Hugh Perrett (captain), 8 Jared Barry, 9 Shanin Proctor, 10 Jimmy Hilgendorf, 11 Cam Mitchell, 12 Tyler Spitz, 13 Michael McDougall, 14 Nick Reily, 15 Lachie Turner.

Southern Districts: 1 Duncan Chubb, 2 Steve Fualau, 3 Tim Metcher, 4 Andrew Leota, 5 Dallas Pawley, 6 Mick Kauter, 7 Jono Hayes (captain), 8 Marcus Carbone, 9 Waldo Wessels, 10 Rohan Saifoloi, 11 Alex Gibbon, 12 Apo Latunipulu, 13 Denny Godinet, 14 Oleni Ngunguatu, 15 Paul Asquith.

Referee: Ian Smith

WARRINGAH V PENRITH at Pittwater Rugby Park (3pm)

Warringah: 1 Ben Kelly, 2 Luke Holmes, 3 Wayne Borsak, 4 Vincent Wright, 5 Michael Kovacics, 6 Sam Ward, 7 Mark Porpiglia, 8 Boyd Killingworth, 9 Joshua Holmes, 10 Hamish Angus (captain), 11 Michael Dalton, 12 Michael Adams, 13 Dylan Smouha, 14 Brad Dixon, 15 David Feltscheer.

Penrith: 1 Peter Niumata (captain), 2 Kerren Straker, 3 Heath Toon, 4 Tyrone Emelio, 5 Sione Fifita, 6 Suafai Soliola, 7 David Reopopoama, 8 Leo Burgess, 9 Paula Katoa, 10 Siaá Taveuveu, 11 James Umu, 12 Fokolulu Taumalolo, 13 Keori Okati, 14 John Maumau, 15 Wilson Silipa.

Referee: Richard Goswell

EASTERN SUBURBS V NORTHERN SUBURBS at Woollahra Oval (3pm)

Eastern Suburbs: 1 Clay Brodie, 2 Alex Walker, 3 Rob McMicken, 4 Keliti Vaingalo. 5 Richard Stanford, 6 Andrew Shaw, 7 Ryan Hodson, 8 Pauli Taumoepeau (captain), 9 Luke Irwin, 10 Henry Hudson, 11 Anton Lavin, 12 Tom Azar, 13 Elijah Niko, 14 Louie Taylor, 15 Angus Sinclair.

Northern Suburbs: 1 Nic Curtis, 2 Will Weeks, 3 Nick Lah, 4 Ben Matwijow, 5 Chris Thomson, 6 Sam Figg, 7 AJ Gilbert (captain), 8 Pat Sio, 9 Liam Walker, 10 Scott Daruda, 11 Blake Murray, 12 Kenny Niko, 13 Bill Meakes, 14 Peter Schuster, 15 Corey Brown.

Referee: Damien Mitchelmore

PARRAMATTA V SYDNEY UNIVERSITY at Merrylands RSL Rugby Park (3pm)

Parramatta: 1 Nick Blacklock, 2 Myles Hunkin, 3 Chris Seuteni, 4 Charlie Leaeno, 5 Evan Olmstead, 6 Andrew Cox (captain), 7 Rodney Ma’a, 8 Josh Kaifa, 9 Solomona Silipa, 10 Tom Woods, 11 Dan Yakopo, 12 Damien Fakafanua, 13 Iese Leota, 14 Lani Tiatia, 15 Moses Tavola.

Sydney University: 1 Alasdair King, 2 Matthew Mafi, 3 Sam Talakai, 4 Oliver Atkins, 5 Will Skelton, 6 Liam Winton, 7 Benn Melrose, 8 Tim Davidson (captain), 9 Jake Gordon, 10 Jock Merriman, 11 Levi Dodd, 12 Tom Carter, 13 Michael Hodge, 14 Fetuli Talanoa, 15 Nathan Trist.

Referee: William Houston

WEST HARBOUR V RANDWICK at Concord Oval (3pm)

West Harbour: 1 Aisea Namoa, 2 Murray Scoles, 3 Vaughan Lomax, 4 Alfred Pinomi, 5 Bradford Kapa, 6 Jono Midghall, 7 Cohen Masson, 8 Tom Games (captain), 9 David Osofua, 10 Shaun Treweek, 11 Tito Mua, 12 Winston Wilson, 13 Alofa Alofa, 14 Macquire Tatola, 15 Dylan Taikato-Simpson.

Randwick: 1 Faitotoa Asa, 2 Nio Halangahu, 3 Richard Aho, 4 Junior Taavili, 5 Bryce Speechley, 6 Tom Bennet, 7 Seilala Lam (captain), 8 Nathan Paella, 9 Harrison Boileau, 10 Toby Browne, 11 Ethan Ford, 12 Terrance Hepetema, 13 Tim Wright, 14 Sam Latu, 15 Mark Kotezcky.

Referee: Michael Hogan

GORDON V MANLY at Chatswood Oval (3pm)

Gordon: 1 Hugh Cropley, 2 Ron Hobden (captain), 3 Willy Maumalanga, 4 Lex Fairley, 5 Andrew Turner, 6 Luke Rissman, 7 Gordon Broome, 8 Seb Murphy, 9 Terry Preston, 10 Mitch Walton, 11 Vesi Tokalaulevu, 12 Tom Matthews, 13 Matt Mc Dougall, 14 Michael Manners, 15 Richie Williams.

Manly: 1 Eddie Aholelei, 2 Andrew Collins, 3 Tim Fairbrother, 4 Ed Gower (captain), 5 Greg Peterson, 6 Andrew Davis, 7 Kotoni Ale, 8 Harry Bergelin, 9 Adam Crerar, 10 Sam Lane, 11 Jacob Woodhouse, 12 Peter Gilmore, 13 Brian Sefanaia, 14 Richard Hooper, 15 BJ Hartmann.

Referee: Andrew Lees

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Jock Merriman @ 10 for the students - any background to that: he was the oz schools half 2 years ago was he not?
Horwitz not the starting 10 for the wicks - is he injured or is that expected - or what?

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
God can the once mighty highlanders fark things up any more? Why was Briggs sacked? Why does Sydney's biggest rugby nursery only have one colts team and who is the new first grade coach? Manly will murder this lot...

senior

Peter Burge (5)
God can the once mighty highlanders fark things up any more? Why was Briggs sacked? Why does Sydney's biggest rugby nursery only have one colts team and who is the new first grade coach? Manly will murder this lot.

Crashy I'm not sure if you've been aware or kept up to date with the improvements at the club of late and I don't feel that it is my place to advertise the reasons for Briggs' sacking. The last two years' performance weren't good by any measure (whether his fault or not) and so I don't think getting rid of him will 'fark things up more'. Tim Wallace (ex Gordon 1st grade captain/premiership winner and Wallaby) has joined the coaching staff - it is a very positive step and many are very glad that this has happened before round 1 and not during the season. There are only two players missing from this side who played very well against Eastwood last week. Good people are doing positive things at the club and I look forward to seeing improved results

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When was it not a direct feeder?

Also why are Hooper and Kepu there representing their clubs? They both won't play a game all year.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Senior, I'm aware of the great work that mcgilvray and the new board are doing with sponsors, corporate governance and dealing with creditors. I just don't understand why they sack a coach a few days before the season started. I mean they could have done this months ago. The colts situation really troubles me. My subbies club has a stack of colts and some very part time coaches. I would have thought colts players would love a professional coaching experience.

State of Play

Frank Row (1)
Crashy I'm not sure if you've been aware or kept up to date with the improvements at the club of late and I don't feel that it is my place to advertise the reasons for Briggs' sacking. The last two years' performance weren't good by any measure (whether his fault or not) and so I don't think getting rid of him will 'fark things up more'. Tim Wallace (ex Gordon 1st grade captain/premiership winner and Wallaby) has joined the coaching staff - it is a very positive step and many are very glad that this has happened before round 1 and not during the season. There are only two players missing from this side who played very well against Eastwood last week. Good people are doing positive things at the club and I look forward to seeing improved results
There was nothing in the Gordon news letter today about Briggs going or who has replaced him. Would have thought that if it was such a popular move the board would have told the members by now. Also no mention of only one colts side in the comp this year in the news letter either. Members will be happy they find this stuff out second hand from forum sites rather than from the club itself.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Agree state of play. Seriously this kind of shit does not look good to outsiders. I know lots of people are doing a lot to fix this state of affairs but how on earth has it got to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.