• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
On Brighter note
Chatswood oval looking a peach

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365060011855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365060011855.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 321
Reactions: Tim

Tim

Frank Row (1)
Was that taken today? Will be interesting to see how it holds up after all this rain... Love that field :)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Some interesting changes in the starting teams. What's not surprising though is the ABC cameras once again at T.G. Most people who know and watch club rugby will know what I am referring to.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Which game is more deserving lily? Eastwood at home to the runners up of last year sounds like a pretty good match to televise first up. Their last game was a cracker but unfortunately Souths won't put up much of a fight this time I think..

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Looking at some of the uncontracted names there, you could roll out a 22 of players who aren't in a Super Rugby main squad that I reckon would be competitive against the Kings.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I know it's only Rd 1 but the strengths of these 4 sides is quite remarkable.

Manly without usuals Hilterbrand, Maraki, Neville and new signings yet to be unveiled in Lane, Helu and Lucas.

Uni without usuals Schwagger, Hickey, Kelly also returning sevens speedster Geludev and still have a host of returning super players.

Eastwood provide a mix of youth and experience with the rumoured return of speedster John Grant. Pierre Hola and Batger yet to be named alongside new faces in Spitz, Roach and Cummins.

Souths will have a host of players returning from super level including Faulkner, Volavola, Holloway, Hart and Wallaby hopefuls Cummins and Douglas.

Can't wait for this weeks action !
Souths looking a bit light on at least three or four of those forwards were playing lower grades last year

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Late change at Manly - Sam Lane out . BJ Hartman to 10, Woodhouse to fullback and Helu comes onto wing. Manly's 5ths could fill in tomorrow at Chatswood for the 4th grade fixture! :)

Shame re Briggsy at Gordon - is a factor for the price he is he paying calling the 4th grade semi final forfeit last year for the disgrace it was ? Still good to see Tim Wallace involved for the attempt at rebuild

DTS

Stan Wickham (3)
Do Gordon have a 4th Grade team for this weekend still? The word is that there is a lot of depth in Manly this year, although thats not unusual for this time of the year

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Do Gordon have a 4th Grade team for this weekend still? The word is that there is a lot of depth in Manly this year, although thats not unusual for this time of the year

I believe they do but a request that Manly bring Colts 1's kick off forward (not going to happen because of scheduled Colts parents and supporters function after game ) is hardly encouraging.......Marlins have in excess of 100 grade players and are also sponsoring/providing coaching for an "internationals" ICMS team in subbies.

JFT

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hart, Holloway and L Timani back from the Tahs could have a massive influence on Saturday

T

tranquility

Any word of Andrew Shaw's form? I hear he is making a big attempt to get another Super Contract.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Any word of Andrew Shaw's form? I hear he is making a big attempt to get another Super Contract.

good luck, i would suggest there is several players in front of him in that regard.

EDIT: I just think he would need a monster season to get ahead of people like kotoni ale, aj gilbert and pat sio.

and thats just shute shield players

Status
Not open for further replies.