• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
I hate to sound like a whinger, but it's Thursday afternoon before round 6 and the NSW and Rugby News websites still have round 5 preview and review up as 'news'. Normally the next round is up on Wednesday afternoon on NSW site.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yes 6 weeks.
I was hoping the same leniency was going to be given that they gave Radike Samo 3 years back when he speared a Manly centre through the Manly cricket pitch in a similar fashion to the legendary Tony Grieg and his key. An incident that was far more dirty than Ed's brush off the other week.

Alas they didn't - Ed is having a rest.

You call hitting an opponent flush in the face with a pretty good right a "brush off"?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I hate to sound like a whinger, but it's Thursday afternoon before round 6 and the NSW and Rugby News websites still have round 5 preview and review up as 'news'. Normally the next round is up on Wednesday afternoon on NSW site.

You don't sound like a whinger to me -- I agree with you completely!
What we need is a body whose primary concern is the Sydney competition.
We could call them the Sydney Rugby Union or something and they could have their own website ;)

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
You call hitting an opponent flush in the face with a pretty good right a "brush off"?
Wamberal, I'm allowed to look at it that way - I think 5 weeks is probably fair, and I dont think Ed went in with low blow intent, it was more a reaction for being held back, if it was a front on cheap shot with intent yeah 10 weeks.

For those that saw that Radike Samo tackle, one of the worst I've seen and an error was made handing out the grading and thus inturn suspension.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Wamberal, I'm allowed to look at it that way - I think 5 weeks is probably fair, and I dont think Ed went in with low blow intent, it was more a reaction for being held back, if it was a front on cheap shot with intent yeah 10 weeks.

For those that saw that Radike Samo tackle, one of the worst I've seen and an error was made handing out the grading and thus inturn suspension.

I played the game back in the days when "anything goes" to coin a phrase. High tackles, violence off the ball, touch judges had no power to intervene, etc etc. So I suppose I am a bit biased.

No, you are not allowed to look at a deliberate punch as just a brush off.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
We could call them the Sydney Rugby Union or something and they could have their own website ;)

That may just work.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Ryan09 said:
I hate to sound like a whinger, but it's Thursday afternoon before round 6 and the NSW and Rugby News websites still have round 5 preview and review up as 'news'. Normally the next round is up on Wednesday afternoon on NSW site.​

A body that has the passion for Shute Shield , like that expressed by everyone in this thread.

Would be a winner,

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does SRU use the same unpaid interns that Tahs and ARU use?

Very efficient to use some elses website for your own purpose.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
The
Does SRU use the same unpaid interns that Tahs and ARU use?

Which begs the question, why does the Shute Shield not have it's own dedicated website.
Great suggestion. They have the resources. Our Mungo friends have the NSWRL publicising the 2nd tier, third tier as well as junior comps. There are team lists, match previews, match reports and so on.
Maybe they should pay GAGR to do it!!!!

lily

Vay Wilson (31)

How quickly some forget David Hookes. Under no circumstances are you allowed to punch your opponent because you are frustrated. Only a complete moron cant tell that this may lead to a larger charge. If you want to hit people I have a suggestion, Amateur or Professional Boxing.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How quickly some forget David Hookes. Under no circumstances are you allowed to punch your opponent because you are frustrated. Only a complete moron cant tell that this may lead to a larger charge. If you want to hit people I have a suggestion, Amateur or Professional Boxing.
True true, Lily never condoned what Ed did, it deserved a rest.
It wasn't a Richard Loe type sledge hammer across a wingers noes, and I've seen dirty cheap intentional shots before. It was a well connected rack off reaction and yeah a rest was required.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
It looks like Uni have given Norths a bit of a hammering. I'm a bit surprised. 41-8. Not sure if that is a full time score.

edit - final score 41-13

Status
Not open for further replies.