• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well done Woodies. Minor Premiers in 1st grade (is that the 3rd time in 4 years?) Minor Premiers in 2nd grade for the second season in a row. All 4 grade teams in next weekend's grand finals. Such dominance of Sydney club rugby is surely bad for the game. It's not really fair on the other clubs, why bother turning out when we know Eastwood are going to win. I think some kind of system should be implemented to more evenly distribute Eastwood's players amongst the rest of the competition to make it fairer. ;)

More Better

Frank Row (1)
Well done Woodies. Minor Premiers in 1st grade (is that the 3rd time in 4 years?) Minor Premiers in 2nd grade for the second season in a row. All 4 grade teams in next weekend's grand finals. Such dominance of Sydney club rugby is surely bad for the game. It's not really fair on the other clubs, why bother turning out when we know Eastwood are going to win. I think some kind of system should be implemented to more evenly distribute Eastwood's players amongst the rest of the competition to make it fairer. ;)

Manly won the minor premiership in 2nd grade.

I think some kind of system should be implemented to more evenly distribute players so that one club doesn't feature in all 7 GF's.

griffith blacks

Frank Row (1)
Really how silly ! eastwood runs a smell of an oil rag all the players that are coming through the grades are product of colts and the local village clubs. They all want to play for the club and they are given great opportunity to get through the grades to play for first grade.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Really how silly ! eastwood runs a smell of an oil rag all the players that are coming through the grades are product of colts and the local village clubs. They all want to play for the club and they are given great opportunity to get through the grades to play for first grade.

It is all relative, Eastwood's "oily rag" is a bit larger than some of it competitors

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Maybe you could start by sending back all the West Harbour players who are there.I think there have been at least 7 play first grade with Eastwood this year.;)

griffith blacks

Frank Row (1)
what a laugh !. Perhaps you should ask why they left. Any way this makes for more fun than the usual UNI talk. It seems that Eastwood is now taking UNI position to many good players !

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

No wonder you call yourself "Late Starter".

Just as a matter of idle curiosity, how many players does the Camperdown Corporation have in its junior competitions?

Don't worry, let me guess. None?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Please people I think Late Starter was being very facetious given the usual tak about Uni and looking at his supporter logos on the header of his post.

I really shouldnt but I do take his comments a little arrogant and mocks the achievements of a rival club

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Please people I think Late Starter was being very facetious given the usual tak about Uni and looking at his supporter logos on the header of his post.

I really shouldnt but I do take his comments a little arrogant and mocks the achievements of a rival club

I am in no way mocking Eastwood's achievements.

My intent is to point out the silliness of some of the complaints made about Uni on this forum, which I think you realise.

Once again, I have nothing but respect for Eastwood's achievements and I think their representation across all grades this weekend is fully deserved.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I am in no way mocking Eastwood's achievements.

My intent is to point out the silliness of some of the complaints made about Uni on this forum, which I think you realise.

Once again, I have nothing but respect for Eastwood's achievements and I think their representation across all grades this weekend is fully deserved.
The only problem with this is the vastly different approaches that both clubs take to get their achievements.

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
*Sigh*

My intent was not to start another one of these exchanges but who am I kidding?

I will put this to you however: Uni's dominance will not last forever; and once they stop winning all the time, nobody will care whether they have juniors, or how many of their players have sport scholarships. Eastwood will soon benefit from the new rugby centre that is going to be built at TG Milner. They are already a strong club and I bet access to these facilities will make them stronger; and good on them for it. The Woods will win 4 or 5 grand finals in a row and then the haters will start whining about their perceived unfair advantages over other clubs and how their success is killing grass roots rugby blah blah blah.

Aussies don't like winners when it's somebody else.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely the lack of junior clubs in the Sydney Uni area is as much a reflection of the demographics of that area as anything else.

I can't imagine cricket, AFL, rugby league or any other sport has huge participation numbers in that area.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
their a joke, how many teams do those 3 clubs have actually playing? Id imagine there would be very few, the most would come from Canterbury who you stole from southern districts!
That is something I have been critical of Uni,so I couldn't help but look at the link to confirm my suspicions.
Canterbury haven't updated their website,so I have no idea on their juniors.
The other 2 clubs surprisingly(to me at least) have plenty of teams.
Pretty impressive from a zero base!

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
I don't think people will complain about Eastwood because they don't have the monumental advantages university have over other teams. They don't have a stockpile of super 15 players, they don't have 3 or 4 full time coaches, they don't have gym or recovery facilities, they don't have strength and conditioners and their players don't graduate to super rugby as soon as they play first grade. Essentially they have the same resources and budgets as the other 9 clubs, there is only one club with a distinct advantage and we all know who it is.

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't think people will complain about Eastwood because they don't have the monumental advantages university have over other teams. They don't have a stockpile of super 15 players, they don't have 3 or 4 full time coaches, they don't have gym or recovery facilities, they don't have strength and conditioners and their players don't graduate to super rugby as soon as they play first grade. Essentially they have the same resources and budgets as the other 9 clubs, there is only one club with a distinct advantage and we all know who it is.

Looks like they'll have access to all of those things in the near future.

http://www.eastwoodrugby.com.au/con...stralian-rugby-world-class-development-centre

Status
Not open for further replies.