• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Anti rugby league development is pretty much the equivalent to Pauline Hanson and xenophobia. I'm not a league fan but some of the posts here don't even think about the benefits of playing both.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Anti rugby league development is pretty much the equivalent to Pauline Hanson and xenophobia. I'm not a league fan but some of the posts here don't even think about the benefits of playing both.
Not having a high regard for the League 20's comp,does not translate to a statement that everything League based is bad.
Of course some League players would be excellent Rugby players.
I just don't believe a lot of 20's League players are SS 1st grade level.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
From the distance of the Capital, Manly looks the goods this year. Very strong in both forwards and backs. Keen to see if Ale continues to improve. Bit mystified that he hasn't been mentioned in connection with one or other of the prospective NRC teams.

I'd also like to know what the story is with CTM. Anybody know?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
From the distance of the Capital, Manly looks the goods this year. Very strong in both forwards and backs. Keen to see if Ale continues to improve. Bit mystified that he hasn't been mentioned in connection with one or other of the prospective NRC teams.

Pretty layed back up here in Nth Harbor - try to avoid the politics of Capital Hill and the East. No doubt everything will continue to fall into place, and form will have a strong team run out come NRC time.

DTS

Stan Wickham (3)

Apparently Manly have plenty of depth which will benefit them over a season without any breaks. Limited trials means a first up game against Souths will really test them.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Apparently Manly have plenty of depth which will benefit them over a season without any breaks. Limited trials means a first up game against Souths will really test them.

Souths may go light on us then, Manly have some players in HK as well with the 10s.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I am not a loig fan, to put it mildly. But it's pretty obvious that Toyota Cup offers an opportunity to younger players - some of them might actually have come from a rugby background, and some will come back to rugby.

Players have played both codes for as long as I can remember, either concurrently, or consecutively. So what?

Talking of failed loig players, I see that John Grant is named in the Woodies first grade side this weekend.

DTS

Stan Wickham (3)
Cruel but fair.if they had succeeded at League,then they would be described as ex NRL players.
I read somewhere that 16% of Toyota Cup players go on to the NRL.
A good example is your Manly Marlins have an ex Toyota Cup player,running out in 4th grade this week.
There are also a few that I rate highly,that came through that pathway.
I just don't see it as a measure of attainment,when talking Rugby.
Which player in 4th grade is this, out of interest??

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Thanks guys, pity there isn't somewhere all the teams were listed from 1st to colts.

Couldn't agree more!
I thought the RugbyNews website was going to provide a cut down digital version of the programme which would have included all the teams, but looks like it will only be first grade.
Some of the club websites provide all the teams eg Easts have this week and Wicks promised to in the newletter but not yet uploaded.

DTS

Stan Wickham (3)
Couldn't agree more!
I thought the RugbyNews website was going to provide a cut down digital version of the programme which would have included all the teams, but looks like it will only be first grade.
Some of the club websites provide all the teams eg Easts have this week and Wicks promised to in the newletter but not yet uploaded.
Souths have their teams up on website

Status
Not open for further replies.