• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My tips for Round 14

Sydney University v West Harbour. Uni too composed and too fit. Corporation by 20.

Penrith v Warringah. Rats on a roll. Too fast out wide, and they will win by 15-20.

Gordon v Northern Suburbs. About time for the Shoreman to show some ticker. Bonus points all round but the Red and Blacks to win by <7.

Parramatta v Southern Districts. Harder to pick than Bill Lawry's nose. M2B at home will be tough but Hobbits by 10.

Randwick v Eastwood. It will be a massacre at Coogee Oval with Wally Meagher spinning in his grave faster that the scoreboard will rack up points for the Woodies.

Eastern Suburbs v Manly. The unbeaten streak will continue. 20+ points to the Marlins.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
The players shown are based on where they are BORN and not where they played.

Alofa, Kepu, Betham and Skelton were born in Nz and Latu was born in Tonga. The remainder were born in the west of Sydney.

Anyways moving on, I'd probably have the same tips as above however I think the Hobbits can get over Parramatta as well as Norths over Gordon.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Any scores for those of us in outer darkness, please?
beasties field goal on the bell to beat the Marlins 19-18...not the best of games with Marlins dropping a heap of ball but Beasties never gave up and in the conditions the last play was superb..great pick up and go from the back of the scrum some great pick and drive and a great shot through traffic and a lot of wind. Bad luck Marlins and go the Beasties...Big Richie played his 100th today fairytale finish for him.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
My tips for Round 14

Sydney University v West Harbour. Uni too composed and too fit. Corporation by 20.

Penrith v Warringah. Rats on a roll. Too fast out wide, and they will win by 15-20.

Gordon v Northern Suburbs. About time for the Shoreman to show some ticker. Bonus points all round but the Red and Blacks to win by <7.

Parramatta v Southern Districts. Harder to pick than Bill Lawry's nose. M2B at home will be tough but Hobbits by 10.

Randwick v Eastwood. It will be a massacre at Coogee Oval with Wally Meagher spinning in his grave faster that the scoreboard will rack up points for the Woodies.

Eastern Suburbs v Manly. The unbeaten streak will continue. 20+ points to the Marlins.
cmon HJ have faith :) ...you weren't the only one to call the last result and after the first 10 mins looked like it was going to be that and more...anymore results? go the beasties

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Beasties = 2014 Giant Killers. 50 points on the Woodies. Beat the MMM's.

What's the next surprise from the Wise Men from the East? They usually deliver 3 presents according to the historical annuls.

I think I will be eating a fair bit of humble pie tonight after those tips.:(

Just hope that the pie doesn't have a Pony flavour.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
beasties field goal on the bell to beat the Marlins 19-18.not the best of games with Marlins dropping a heap of ball but Beasties never gave up and in the conditions the last play was superb..great pick up and go from the back of the scrum some great pick and drive and a great shot through traffic and a lot of wind. Bad luck Marlins and go the Beasties.Big Richie played his 100th today fairytale finish for him.

Hate losing, a hard tuff game as @scaraby said.
This isn't an excuse - dropping a heap of ball, and the bounce of the ball - it was one of those days. An example within the first 10 Maile looked like he had crossed the line and scored, but the ball went inside and spilt - no try. It just didn't go the Marlins way today.
Hate losing.

Fusion Point Cafe Porecki had a great game today and finished off on the side of the scrum.

Coope Building Peterson continued his good Shute Sheild form.

It wasn't a backs day today

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Results Summary Round 14

First Grade - Shute Shield
Sydney University 42 West Harbour 19
Penrith 31 Warringah 43
Gordon 44 Northern Suburbs 7
Parramatta 17 Southern Districts 27
Randwick 12 Eastwood 30
Eastern Suburbs 19 Manly 18

Second Grade - Colin Caird Shield
Sydney University 42 West Harbour 17
Penrith 5 Warringah 60
Gordon 24 Northern Suburbs 5
Parramatta 5 Southern Districts 31
Randwick 12 Eastwood 59
Eastern Suburbs 24 Manly 39

Third Grade - Henderson Shield
Sydney University 48 West Harbour 7
Penrith 7 Warringah 57
Gordon 17 Northern Suburbs 29
Parramatta 29 Southern Districts 28
Randwick 24 Eastwood 81
Eastern Suburbs 5 Manly 46

Fourth Grade - Henderson Cup
Sydney University 46 West Harbour 7
Penrith 12 Warringah 38
Gordon 12 Northern Suburbs 45
Parramatta 15 Southern Districts 7
Randwick 5 Eastwood 40
Eastern Suburbs 7 Manly 11

Next Week - Round 15 05/07/14
Manly v Randwick
Northern Suburbs v Penrith
Sydney University v Eastwood
Warringah v Southern Districts
West Harbour v Parramatta
Gordon v Eastern Suburbs

Edit: Scores updated

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Great win by the Highlanders to give me enough humble pie from my tips this week to choke on.

Any lower grade scores from Gordons vs Norths, @E&E?

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
If only Wests could get a bit more go forward from that pack they would be a whole lot better side. On the few occasions they smashed over the ad line and got quick ball they looked very good. Sai has done really well filling in for Harvey but today just wasn't his day at all. How fierce was that wind? The defence of the outside backs at Wests is just not up to standard.

The tackle on O'Sullivan in the opening minutes of the game should have been yellow card if not red. There's a reason the Cumberland throw has been banned since the 70s and that reason is it's fvcking dangerous!! The TMO must have seen it a dozen times on replay yet nothing is done. Player safety is THE priority in contact sports. The officials have done a poor job.

Doofus

Peter Burge (5)
I remember the recent interview with the immortal Ray Price and how he referred to the the cumberland throw being banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.