• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Big turn around to the corresponding round in 2013 for The Highlanders. This team is developing well. We've had some struggles in 3s and 4s but 2nd grade is really pushing 1s to perform and the improvement over the season thus far is immense. A great effort by Geoff Townsend. The bloke has a goal and isn't resting till the club has met it
Look out Souths on your trip the Chatswood - the fellas are primed

T

turnovertwopasses

Any thoughts I had of coming out of retirement are gone. Tore me hammy Saturday morning and spent the afternoon icing it. Didn't make it to a game on the weekend but caught Southern and the Woods on TV. Heroic performance by the Rebels who were unlucky not to get the chocolates.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
Watched the Wests Penrith game on video. I must confess I am baffled. Why have the best goal kicker in Sydney and not use his skill? Harvey's number one asset is goalkicking. He's no Stephen Larkham around the paddock. Wests declined to take at least 18 points in easy shots at goal yesterday. Madness.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
Roosters - you can sometimes see games from clubs websites. Wests vimeo channel has all their games plus some other club's games as well.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Hey Gibbo, you seem to be the expert on the qualification rules for the playoffs.

Cameron Treloar played for the Rats on Saturday which I believe was his first game for them this year. Assuming he also plays next week he'll still only have 2 games under his belt and I wouldn't have thought he'd be entitled to play in the finals having come back from playing in France. Is that correct?

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
That seems correct @TheCoach. Although this clause makes it interesting. I'd love to see the definition of "His season"

33.4 If a player does not qualify for a particular grade under rule 33.3, dispensation will be granted if the player has played 60% of his season in the grade in which he wishes to play. If the player has been on representative duties as described in 33.2, he shall be eligible for Shute Shield, 2nd Grade or 1only, subject to Colts eligibility.

So if Treloar's season represents 3 games and he plays 60% of them in 1s then he may receive dispensation.

HeadTape

Bob McCowan (2)
Any thoughts I had of coming out of retirement are gone. Tore me hammy Saturday morning and spent the afternoon icing it. Didn't make it to a game on the weekend but caught Southern and the Woods on TV. Heroic performance by the Rebels who were unlucky not to get the chocolates.

Have it on good account that you tore it standing up out of one of those uncomfortable pews at St Charles Borromeo after a particularly long Saturday morning sermon... Any truth to this rumour?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I heard Ladies Day was a roaring success, and the after function was enjoyed by all - any info Dave?

Only that my wife said all 26 of her friends will back up next year, and are now Marlin supporters. And that was on a cold bleak day.
Been sworn to secrecy, otherwise I will be in the shit.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Hey Gibbo, you seem to be the expert on the qualification rules for the playoffs.

Cameron Treloar played for the Rats on Saturday which I believe was his first game for them this year. Assuming he also plays next week he'll still only have 2 games under his belt and I wouldn't have thought he'd be entitled to play in the finals having come back from playing in France. Is that correct?

No offence to Mr Treloar as I understand he is a real good fella however heard he came back for the NRC. Isn't that meant to be a pathway? Pathway to what? Retirement? A very good up & coming 34 year old.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
You don't think he'll be of valuable experience to young and up and coming locks?
I agree with Macca. What will, whilst a wily customer, Cameron Treloar bring to what looks like a fairly young team barring AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Should Jimmy Grant look to some young men that have played shute shield too, not just colts? Big step from schools to 20's to SS to S15.
I hope that some sense is shown.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I agree with Macca. What will, whilst a wily customer, Cameron Treloar bring to what looks like a fairly young team barring AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Should Jimmy Grant look to some young men that have played shute shield too, not just colts? Big step from schools to 20's to SS to S15.
I hope that some sense is shown.

I hate to see Ned Hanigan (for example) miss out on the experience in favour of Treloar. By all accounts, Ned's going gang busters in Colts.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I hate to see Ned Hanigan (for example) miss out on the experience in favour of Treloar. By all accounts, Ned's going gang busters in Colts.
I will put up Will Munro as well. The man has been a shining light in the Wicks side this year as well. What would Cam Treloar bring to the side that Will Munro wouldn't? Except, maybe... A hot missus??? :)
Jimmy? Dave?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)

If your worried about Hanigan missing out I suggest you get him back in your 1st grade side. To me he look under developed at this stage to play 1st grade rugby let alone NRC. Will be a good player in a few years time though you don't pick blokes who aren't ready for the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.