• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
It's a pity that in the week before the Shute Shield Grand Final the is nothing on the front page of the NSW Rugby's web site promoting the Grand Final.

It's a joke really

I was talking to a friend on the weekend who follows the Tahs but doesn't follow the SS and he was surprised to learn that the SS wasn't finished yet. I reckon the NSWRU spends more money promoting Tah Man than they spend on the SS. Pathetic :mad:

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
120 pages of banter about Shute Shield, not to mention the rather active MMM, Wicks and M2B sub threads, as well as the 6000+ crowd for the battle of the Insular Peninsular shows that there is interest in Grass Roots Rugby.

A smidgeon of promotion from the centre (NSW RU or the mysterious SRU) wouldn't be too much to ask would it.

Some tie in with the launch/promotion of the Sydney NRC Clubs could also work.

Is all officialdom focused on milking whatever they can get for themselves out of the Bledisloe with no time for piffling trivialities like the SS GF?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
How about a few buses from Concord to Olympic park or get in half-price with your ticket for the Bledisloe game.

Hopefully as its an all RAMS final, they are doing something...

Sorry, there are now buses going from Concord from 5.15 to Olympic Park….

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
120 pages of banter about Shute Shield, not to mention the rather active MMM, Wicks and M2B sub threads, as well as the 6000+ crowd for the battle of the Insular Peninsular shows that there is interest in Grass Roots Rugby.

A smidgeon of promotion from the centre (NSW RU or the mysterious SRU) wouldn't be too much to ask would it.

Is all officialdom focused on milking whatever they can get for themselves out of the Bledisloe with no time for piffling trivialities like the SS GF?
Gee whiz Hugh!!!!

The spies will be on to you this Saturday! Just don't stand next to the bloke with the poison in the umby on the way to hellbush :)

I will throw a little extra in and wonder how may of the corporates will go all the way to the shoire the following day to watch the young guns run around?
Methinks you could count higher on a bad butchers hand

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)

The fact that they scheduled the SS GF on the same day as the Bledisloe Cup says it all, and the Colts GF on a suburban ground rather than Concord downgrades that occasion as well. No disrespect to Forshaw but the young guys deserve to play their GF on an up market ground.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not Guilty. I have only posted 194 posts on this thread. This will be my 195th post.

There have been 2389 posts in (and 156997 viewings of) the Shute Shield Thread.

The rest of Gaggerland has produced the other 2194 posts (92%).

I have only filled 9 pages of the 120 in this thread.:cool:

@Dave Beat has made 200 posts here, with @The Coach contributing 156 posts.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Just watched the replay of the Manly Eastwood clash. I think Manly should have trusted their backline a bit more. The fact that they managed to outscore the Woodies with 14 men speaks volumes.

The bounce of the ball favoured the Woodies, no doubt about that.

How good a clubman is Hugh Perrett, though?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I saw most teams play against Manly, so obviously saw Manly play a whole heap more. So this maybe one sided - I'll try not to.

Interest how the best defensive team, and highest point scoring team in the comp over the 18 rounds by a very good margin only had 2 players starting - go figure.

Props – Duncan Chubb & Tim Metcher - both souths??
Manly have been the form forward back for the whole year and Mitch Lewis has stood out in most games in set piece, but also his mobility and in the loose - surprised he get names here - on the bench or on the EPS list below.

Hooker – Hugh Roach
His games on ABC were awesome, but how many Shute games did he play this year as I'm not sure. Roach & Porecki were very even last weekend - Roach gets the start & Porecki on the bench but gee it must have been close.

Locks – Jared Barry and Greg Peterson
agree

Blindside Flanker – Harry Bergelin
Agree

Openside Flanker – Kieran Black
cant comment I haven't seen enough of him, a number of good 7's including Kotoni

No. 8 – Jed Holloway
Agree

Halfback – Josh Holmes
No chance - Lucas (then injured) for the first half of the season and Swanapoel for the second half.

Flyhalf – Hamish Angus
Interesting - not sure but he did have a good season.

Inside-centre – Tom Carter
Haven't seen enough of his games this year

Outside centre – Tom Hill
Yeah maybe - but I'd pick Sefiana awesome year and didnt miss a beat with the highest point (try) scoring team in the comp.

Wings – Henry Clunies-Ross & James Dargaville
Don't agree
Lui Siale before injury was miles ahead.
and Chisolm carved a number of teams up this year as well.

Fullback – Dave Feltscheer
Yeah

Bench:
David Porecki –
Toa Asa – Y
Sam Talakai –
Andrew Clyne –
Marcus Carbone –
Mick Snowden –
Jai Ayoub –
Jerome McKenzie –

EPS; Tristan Goodbody, Sakaria Noa, Sam Ward, Malietoa Hingano, Dane Chisholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.