• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Here is my attempt, biased to hell but anyway...
I watched MTB's or Pirates if one at home most weekends and saw most teams play two or three times. Made it to every ground except Southern and Warringah.

Asa
Roach
Metcher
Peterson
Toleafoa
Kovacic
Black
Holloway
Holmes
Ayoub
Chisholm
Seavula
Hill
Northam
Brooks

Porecki
Gillespie
Ala'alatoa
Leota
Bergelin
Swanepoel
Harvey
McKenzie

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm puzzled by the comment that Tristan Goodbody "didn’t get enough game time to edge the starters". As he was the only player to start every game for Randwick this year and was only replaced late in the match a couple of times this comment seems a bit harsh. Maybe he needed to play a few lower grade games every week as well as firsts ;)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Michael Kovacic has been outstanding all year, very industrious and effective.

Hope he keeps improving, and I hope he gets a shot at higher honours soon. Locally, preferably, so that we can keep him on the books. :cool:

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Here is my attempt, biased to hell but anyway.
I watched MTB's or Pirates if one at home most weekends and saw most teams play two or three times. Made it to every ground except Southern and Warringah.

Asa
Roach
Metcher
Peterson
Toleafoa
Kovacic
Black
Holloway
Holmes
Ayoub
Chisholm
Seavula
Hill
Northam
Brooks

Porecki
Gillespie
Ala'alatoa
Leota
Bergelin
Swanepoel
Harvey
McKenzie

The team originally picked is very close to the mark, definitely not this one

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Not sure about Asa in the team of the year at loosehead as props are supposed to be able to scrummage.

He'd be one of a few changes I'd have;

1. Chubb
2. Roach
3. Metcher
4. Barry
5. Peterson
6. Bergelin
7. Black
8. Holloway
9. Holmes
10. Ayoub
11. Clunies-Ross
12. Carter
13. Hill
14. Dargaville
15. Feltcher

16. Porecki
17. Gillespie
18. Talakai
19. Clyne
20. Boidin
21. Swanepoel
22. Hamish
23. McKenzie

EPS
- Carbone
- Ale
- Snowden
- Grant
- Kellaway

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Heard a whisper that Boidin (Uni) is off to France (Narbonne - I heard) very soon.

Pat Hodgetts (Wicks) is off to The Netherlands (Waterlands Club).

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Considerate of the ARU to launch the NRC a couple of days before the premier rugby GFs in Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth and not even mention them. Watching the news last night you'd have thought there was no rugby being played before the start of the NRC other then the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday night.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is there a Grand Final on this weekend?

Banter up lads.

I'm going for The Hobbits in a close match. They seem to have been able to rise for the big occasions when everyone else has written them off.

The Woodies seem to have copped too many injuries to a number of top flight players and this will impact on their ability to play their usual precision football.

One thing is certain and that is that they will not be ambushing the Woodies this weekend as they were able to in the semis.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Considerate of the ARU to launch the NRC a couple of days before the premier rugby GFs in Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth and not even mention them. Watching the news last night you'd have thought there was no rugby being played before the start of the NRC other then the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday night.

Well the ARU are SO supportive of Premier Rugby these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.