• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Keep your eye out for your 2015 Coltie Second Rower, James BENTON.

During his Colts career, he was awarded the 2014 Colts Golden Boot award for kicking 130 points (47 con, 12 Pen). He was 13 points ahead of the runner up.
From 16 Colts 1 games in 2015, he kicked 93 points (39 con, 5 Pen), and was placed 3rd in the 2015 Golden Boot.

A keeper for the M2Bs. Currently in your 2nd Grade engine room.
In the mould of John Eales, and a great young bloke too.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Keep your eye out for your 2015 Coltie Second Rower, James BENTON.

During his Colts career, he was awarded the 2014 Colts Golden Boot award for kicking 130 points (47 con, 12 Pen). He was 13 points ahead of the runner up.
From 16 Colts 1 games in 2015, he kicked 93 points (39 con, 5 Pen), and was placed 3rd in the 2015 Golden Boot.

A keeper for the M2Bs. Currently in your 2nd Grade engine room.

Am definatley aware of him HJ. A very good kicker

My joy was more directed at our first grade side,as goal kicking has not been a strong point so far this year.

There are at least 3 games we could have won with a bit more accuracy between the posts.

No Pressure Woodsy.....

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Manly try from a driving maul disallowed and penalty to Eastwood for obstruction. Didn't look any different to any maul try I've seen in the last 15 years.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Plus the Woods tragic sitting next to us called a pass of theirs forward that lead to a try. Right in front of the touchie i might add but that was a woods supportor that called it

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Great game by Eastwood 7. Eastwood hard over the ball and got many pilfers or penalties for not releasing. Manly had no one doing it to Eastwood. Grand final revisited. This time Eastwood 7. Grand final - Hugh Roach.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Plus the Woods tragic sitting next to us called a pass of theirs forward that lead to a try. Right in front of the touchie i might add but that was a woods supportor that called it

Doesn't mean it was forward, though. Most spectators do not know the Laws of the Game as well as the officials. Was it forward out of the hands?

I only watched the game on the box, I could not understand our tactics in the first half, a lot of kicking by Ayoub. The only thing I can think of was that Ayoub needed to conserve himself a bit, he has been playing for Croatia.

Very impressed by the Manly D in the first half.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Great game ruined to an extent by a sub-standard refereeing performance. Worst I've seen in SS for some time.

27-14 - seemingly fair manly try disallowed

Yellow card was rubbish - Eastwood player on the ground isolated with no Eastwood player within cooee. 4 Manly players on their feet contesting the ball - ball comes out Eastwood side and picked up by an Eastwood player who is tackled by Manly 9 who was onside. Somehow he finds an Eastwood penalty in this and YC to Manly 9.

Eastwood score to get within 7.

Manly ruck ball on their own 22 on the clubhouse side of the ground. Referee's arm goes and is clearly heard to say "9 white offside". Manly clear from ruck and kick ball down field, which is fielded on the full by an Eastwood player who runs the ball back to close to where it was kicked. This is called play on.

Eastwood score not long after to take the lead 28-27.

Manly desperately attacking on the grand stand side, with Eastwood players continually lying between ruck and half. Despite hammering any Manly player who has even looked like not rolling away, this is allowed to play on. Eastwood gain turnover and go on attack.

And after ignoring the not releasing law for most of the game, he found a not releasing penalty against Manly in the 79th minute. Eastwood kick for touch and score from the ensuing lineout.

Manly were clearly tiring, but were made to do much more defence than they should have been - including being a man down from the 68th to the 78th minute.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Doesn't mean it was forward, though. Most spectators do not know the Laws of the Game as well as the officials. Was it forward out of the hands?

I only watched the game on the box, I could not understand our tactics in the first half, a lot of kicking by Ayoub. The only thing I can think of was that Ayoub needed to conserve himself a bit, he has been playing for Croatia.

Very impressed by the Manly D in the first half.

It was right in front of us - fwd.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Great game ruined to an extent by a sub-standard refereeing performance. Worst I've seen in SS for some time.

27-14 - seemingly fair manly try disallowed

Yellow card was rubbish - Eastwood player on the ground isolated with no Eastwood player within cooee. 4 Manly players on their feet contesting the ball - ball comes out Eastwood side and picked up by an Eastwood player who is tackled by Manly 9 who was onside. Somehow he finds an Eastwood penalty in this and YC to Manly 9.

Eastwood score to get within 7.

Manly ruck ball on their own 22 on the clubhouse side of the ground. Referee's arm goes and is clearly heard to say "9 white offside". Manly clear from ruck and kick ball down field, which is fielded on the full by an Eastwood player who runs the ball back to close to where it was kicked. This is called play on.

Eastwood score not long after to take the lead 28-27.

Manly desperately attacking on the grand stand side, with Eastwood players continually lying between ruck and half. Despite hammering any Manly player who has even looked like not rolling away, this is allowed to play on. Eastwood gain turnover and go on attack.

And after ignoring the not releasing law for most of the game, he found a not releasing penalty against Manly in the 79th minute. Eastwood kick for touch and score from the ensuing lineout.

Manly were clearly tiring, but were made to do much more defence than they should have been - including being a man down from the 68th to the 78th minute.

I was watching the same game, but couldnt put it as elequently as that.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Sub standard refereeing at T G today . Why was Donlan binned ? - big call at such a critical phase of game . In fact referees were yellow card happy against both sides in all grades . I know we need them but gosh they show a lack of engagement with the mood of the games at times

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Sub standard refereeing at T G today . Why was Donlan binned ? - big call at such a critical phase of game . In fact referees were yellow card happy against both sides in all grades . I know we need them but gosh they show a lack of engagement with the mood of the games at times

TBF he gave a lot of penalties, whether or not they were all justified, the two teams have to work with the official. YCs were inevitable.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 7 Results

Intrust Shute Shield (1st Grade)
Eastwood 35 Manly 27
Northern Suburbs 45 Gordon 0
Parramatta 26 Southern Districts 27
Penrith 14 Warringah 50
Sydney University 33 Eastern Suburbs 10
West Harbour 14 Randwick 34
Randwick win the Sir Roden Cutler V.C. Shield

Colin Caird Shield (2nd Grade)
Eastwood 17 Manly 18
Northern Suburbs 40 Gordon 3
Parramatta 34 Southern Districts 42
Penrith 0 Warringah 94
Sydney University 17 Eastern Suburbs 25
West Harbour 25 Randwick 63

Henderson Shield (3rd Grade)
Eastwood 10 Manly 29
Northern Suburbs 44 Gordon 10
Parramatta 12 Southern Districts 42
Penrith 0 Warringah 96
Sydney University 19 Eastern Suburbs 21
West Harbour 7 Randwick 45

Henderson Cup (4th Grade)
Eastwood 22 Manly 27
Northern Suburbs 50 Gordon 5
Parramatta 24 Southern Districts 28
Penrith 0 Warringah 50
Sydney University 14 Eastern Suburbs 8
West Harbour 13 Randwick 36

Round 8 Games - 7 May
Eastern Suburbs v Penrith
Manly v West Harbour
Parramatta v Eastwood
Southern Districts v Gordon (Televised Live on 7Two)
Warringah v Randwick (No Sir Roden Cutler V.C. Shield Match)
Sydney University v Northern Suburbs

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Gregor George Cup (Club Championship) Watch:
(after round 7)

There are a maximum of 215 points available to a club each week, based on all 7 club teams winning with a 4 try BP and the target to win is >3000 points which was achieved by 3 clubs in 2014 and the 2015 winner was on 2905 points. In 2014 the difference between 1st and 2nd was only 33 points, with 3rd only 52 points further back. In 2015 there was only 49 points between 1st and 2nd, with 3rd place 113 points further back.

Randwick, 1234 points (Up 1 Place)
Sydney University, 1167 points (down 1)
Eastern Suburbs, 992 points
Eastwood, 956 points
Northern Suburbs, 925 points (Up 1)
Manly, 877 points (down 1)
Southern Districts, 853 points
Warringah, 839 points
Gordon, 632 points
West Harbour, 550 points
Parramatta, 322 points
Penrith, 47 points

How the Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.

First Grade - 15
Second Grade - 8
Third Grade - 5
Fourth Grade - 4
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

The 49 point difference between Gold and Silver in 2015 could have been made up from an extra 3 BP in Shute Shield and an extra BP in 4th Grade, or an extra victory with a BP in 2nd Grade and an extra BP in Colts 1 and Colts 2.

http://rugby.fusesport.com/rugby/results/external/summaryladder.asp?ladder=1167&OrgID=010100

Couldofbeen

Bob McCowan (2)
Refereeing at TG today was pathetic, why was Hilterbrands try disallowed? ref said the 5 disengaged, I watched the replay 4 times and still cannot see how he came to that conclusion . The sin bin of the 9 was rubbish. If you watch the replay at one stage the ref calls 9 white offside and signals advantage to Manly, manly attempt a kick which does not go out and he calls advantage over.in the words of my favourite politician, please explain.

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)
Wow. Lots of whining from Manly supporters here. Must have lost... ;-)

Those supporters sitting around me in the grandstand didn't seem to have any problem with the ref - both Manly and Eastwood supporters...

'We was robbed' is a sore losers way of saying 'good win to [insert wining team's name here]', in my experience.

Most of Manly's tries were off the back of eastwood's mistakes (intercepts, letting the ball bounce, lost line-out) - I think the better team won on the day, and the ref didn't loose it for youd. It was good Manly won all other 3 grades. And 1st colts. So, not a shabby performance all round for the Marlins anyway, winning 4/7. Be happy with that.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Refereeing at TG today was pathetic, why was Hilterbrands try disallowed? ref said the 5 disengaged, I watched the replay 4 times and still cannot see how he came to that conclusion . The sin bin of the 9 was rubbish. If you watch the replay at one stage the ref calls 9 white offside and signals advantage to Manly, manly attempt a kick which does not go out and he calls advantage over.in the words of my favourite politician, please explain.

Gross incompetence.

Never seen that guy before in SS and hope I never see him again. Inconsistent and seemingly doesn't know the laws and/or how to apply them.

Status
Not open for further replies.