• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any inside information on Mike Doyle's project to "re-invogorate the West"?

Hopefully the previously reported thought bubbles have died the death that they deserved (Merge the Mighty Parramatta 2 Blues with the Emus and move them somewhere, and Move the Woodies away from TG Millner being a couple of the more silly ones)

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Any inside information on Mike Doyle's project to "re-invogorate the West"?

Hopefully the previously reported thought bubbles have died the death that they deserved (Merge the Mighty Parramatta 2 Blues with the Emus and move them somewhere, and Move the Woodies away from TG Millner being a couple of the more silly ones)

My guess is that they will release it on a high news day so that it gets buried - rugby league GF, AFL GF, something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Greetings all from Cardiff.

got a bit of down time this afternoon, thought I'd check in and see what's happening here.

The snouts are telling me that Emu's are paying their newly appointed coach $50K to coach out there. Reports also that they re-signed the kiwi flyhalf who played the last few rounds this year to a $500 a week, win/lose or draw contract.

Word is the money is coming from NSWRU. The Union will deny it til they're hoarse of course but you know what say, no one can talk to a horse of course, unless that horse is the famous Mr Ed!

Rumours also that M Doyle will be once again appointed State Development Manager for NSWRU but the interesting bit is that they want to appoint a GM of Western Sydney. And the preference is that person hail from the west and has an intimate knowledge of the region and it's struggles.

It'll be interesting.

Anyway lads, that's me for a few days. I'm off to watch some atrocities in public bars occur that only Cardiff is known for.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Greetings all from Cardiff.

got a bit of down time this afternoon, thought I'd check in and see what's happening here.

The snouts are telling me that Emu's are paying their newly appointed coach $50K to coach out there. Reports also that they re-signed the kiwi flyhalf who played the last few rounds this year to a $500 a week, win/lose or draw contract.

Word is the money is coming from NSWRU. The Union will deny it til they're hoarse of course but you know what say, no one can talk to a horse of course, unless that horse is the famous Mr Ed!

Rumours also that M Doyle will be once again appointed State Development Manager for NSWRU but the interesting bit is that they want to appoint a GM of Western Sydney. And the preference is that person hail from the west and has an intimate knowledge of the region and it's struggles.

It'll be interesting.

Anyway lads, that's me for a few days. I'm off to watch some atrocities in public bars occur that only Cardiff is known for.

The kiwi fly half that played for them is not directly from New Zealand. He has spent time playing subbies rugby. I hope that they can get him to commit to the full season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Wow, after Cardiff, my head hurts. In Birmingham now, colloquially known as 'The Second City'. The best Indian restaurants in all of the UK are here and I'm off to Punjabi Rasoi which is supposed to be the best curry house of the lot.

I received an email yesterday from a GM that was originally sent from the comp manager.

2016 Shute Shield kicks off weekend of March 19. Because of Channel 7's Olympic broadcast commitments next year there will be no allocated wet weather weekends. 18 straight round from March 19, playing through both Easter and June long weekends. Round 1 of finals will be July 23 with Grand Final August 6.

I don't believe the draw itself is done yet, however the competition dates are locked in. We're finishing earlier every year.

Perhaps this is getting us ready to go back to 22 rounds in 2017 with a later start to the NRC mooted for 2017.

qaz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Classic bit of schoolyard self promotion from parra..

"I've got a really good secret.... but I'm not telling you"

B

BellyTwoBlues

Didn't they say that for this year?

I said that in my comment on post #6.
Classic bit of schoolyard self promotion from parra..

"I've got a really good secret.. but I'm not telling you"

I don't think it came from Parra. Whoever Bazinga is seems to have people at the club telling him some secrets. And it ain't me. Never mind, we're not getting carried away and certainly aren't trying the self promotion you think we are.

That aside, I'm very confident we'll be better next season. Granted, that's not too difficult at the moment, however we have reverted back to what worked for us when Glen Christini joined us. A strong disciplined approach with zero tolerance for laziness and selfishness. Too often this year we were inconsistent in our decision making, both on and off the field. That consistency will be back in spades next year, thus providing the platform for our teams to improve performance.

Other than that, we won't be shouting too much from the rooftops.

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)
Eastwood Rugby Club coaching staff announced

Following on from one of the most successful seasons in the Club's history, we are pleased to announce a major new initiative which will strengthen the Club's coaching resources and build on the success of recent years.
Our 1st grade coach, John Manenti has accepted an invitation from the Board to assume a new position - Director of Rugby - and to assume total responsibility for all aspects of the Club's football operations.
John has commenced work in this new role already and is working on strengthening our coaching team in Grade and in Colts. John will also be responsible for recruitment and player and coach development.
John will fulfil this role in conjunction with his new appointment to the Australian Men's and Women's 7s teams. Our Club could not be more pleased with this recognition of John's exceptional coaching capabilities and we wish him all the success that he so richly deserves

Capture.JPG

B

BellyTwoBlues

Eastwood Rugby Club coaching staff announced

Following on from one of the most successful seasons in the Club's history, we are pleased to announce a major new initiative which will strengthen the Club's coaching resources and build on the success of recent years.
Our 1st grade coach, John Manenti has accepted an invitation from the Board to assume a new position - Director of Rugby - and to assume total responsibility for all aspects of the Club's football operations.
John has commenced work in this new role already and is working on strengthening our coaching team in Grade and in Colts. John will also be responsible for recruitment and player and coach development.
John will fulfil this role in conjunction with his new appointment to the Australian Men's and Women's 7s teams. Our Club could not be more pleased with this recognition of John's exceptional coaching capabilities and we wish him all the success that he so richly deserves

View attachment 6974

Congrats to John Manenti. Good bloke. Deserves the accolades.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Sorry if I've missed it somewhere else but does anyone know where's Matt Lucas going? (mentioned in that article) I was a fan of his from the few opportunities he got with the Tahs and he always seemed a good leader in that Manly side.

If i recall Italy.
Hope to see him back, classy loyal guy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.