• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Southern Districts on there Facebook Page are saying they have finalised a number of outstanding bills and posted a 100K profit.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I am surprised you are saying 103k when i'm fairly sure you would have heard it was 86k with about 100k of what could be called non re-occuring expenses.

Turn over was comparable to FYE 2014.

BTW any other clubs posted annual reports and had huge book launches???

View attachment 7324

Wish my melon wasn't in the photo, same weekend as Mr Abbott made headlines for boat racing a schooner.

Some would say a successful year given historical hard work.
;)

You're the only adult in the photo I go out of my way to say "hello" to Dave ;)

G

greg woods

The snouts also tell me that Jeremy Paul and Teki Tuipulotu have had a massive falling out already at Penrith with Tuipulotu getting sacked on Tuesday night after training.

It appears all is not well (still) at the foot of the mountains.

I had heard that Teki has resigned but you might be right. I give Jeremy Paul 4 games and he will walk away

G

greg woods

so it looks again that manly uni eastwood souths will be strong again. woods are facing an ageing roster so it might be time for souths. rats wests randwick norths gordon maybe the next best with easts parramatta and penrith a rabble at best.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Sounds like randwick 3's and 4s won't be playing at coogee oval. Only at the training pitch, Latham Park.

And maybe even there for games v penrith & parra for all grades due to low gate takings on corresponding games the last few years.

Wicks looking strong with a few good colts kids finally graduating to grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Sounds like randwick 3's and 4s won't be playing at coogee oval. Only at the training pitch, Latham Park.

And maybe even there for games v penrith & parra for all grades due to low gate takings on corresponding games the last few years.

Wicks looking strong with a few good colts kids finally graduating to grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly, let me preface this comment that I have been having a few bottles of sauce with some of the snouts the last 36 hours. I may be a little weary towards the end of the evening.

Secondly, Merry Christmas everyone.

Finally, the quoted comment is typical Randwick. I have PLENTY of Randwick mates, including some of their living legends, but the snouts say if Randwick are to try move games of 1st Grade from Coogee Oval to Latham for Penrith and Parra due to low gate takings, they must first look at the crowds they take to away games with them!

I happened to be at Penrith when Randwick travelled there early in the 2015 season. Not sure what round, but was early. Was keen to get an Emu Burger into me early in the season. There would have been 3 Randwick supporters there. Wicks players were leaving immediately after their game if they hadn't been asked to stand by and it was a very empty shed for the majority of the day. So before they start to focus on how poor the Coogee Oval crowd is when the Emus travel down, they should probably make sure their mirror is squeaky clean.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
so it looks again that manly uni eastwood souths will be strong again. woods are facing an ageing roster so it might be time for souths. rats wests randwick norths gordon maybe the next best with easts parramatta and penrith a rabble at best.

Manly, Uni, Eastwood and Souths will be strong for sure. Rats will make finals. I think the 6th spot will be contested by Wests, Randwick, Parra and Norths. I think it's a bit rough that you claim Easts and Parra will be a rabble at best. The snouts are telling me both clubs will surprise a few teams in 2016.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We need to get into the mentality where most, if not all, clubs post a "modest" profit.

Spending more than income is seldom a good recipe for long term sustainability.

W

Wilsonmate

Player movements as followed

Cohen Masson to Eastwood from West Harbour
Tom Hill to Italy
Joel Luani to Eastwood from Wests Tigers
Todd Pearce to West Harbour from Eastwood

G

greg woods

Player movements as followed

Cohen Masson to Eastwood from West Harbour
Tom Hill to Italy
Joel Luani to Eastwood from Wests Tigers
Todd Pearce to West Harbour from Eastwood

is the tom hill thing for real?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Italian league is King of the "Semi"-Professionals. Money there would be significantly better than NRC, with a standard somewhere between the NRC and the SS.

G

greg woods

Italian league is King of the "Semi"-Professionals. Money there would be significantly better than NRC, with a standard somewhere between the NRC and the SS.

very poor move by tom hill in my opinion he wasnt far off a tahs contract

Status
Not open for further replies.