• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Firstly, let me preface this comment that I have been having a few bottles of sauce with some of the snouts the last 36 hours. I may be a little weary towards the end of the evening.

Secondly, Merry Christmas everyone.

Finally, the quoted comment is typical Randwick. I have PLENTY of Randwick mates, including some of their living legends, but the snouts say if Randwick are to try move games of 1st Grade from Coogee Oval to Latham for Penrith and Parra due to low gate takings, they must first look at the crowds they take to away games with them!

I happened to be at Penrith when Randwick travelled there early in the 2015 season. Not sure what round, but was early. Was keen to get an Emu Burger into me early in the season. There would have been 3 Randwick supporters there. Wicks players were leaving immediately after their game if they hadn't been asked to stand by and it was a very empty shed for the majority of the day. So before they start to focus on how poor the Coogee Oval crowd is when the Emus travel down, they should probably make sure their mirror is squeaky clean.

Get your facts straight Knuckles -- I was there that day and there were at least 6 Wicks supporters ;)

It is a long trek out to Penrith and given the likely lopsided contests (especially in the lower grades) I wonder what size crowds the other teams are able to boast when they visit? How many G&G correspondents go to Nepean Rugby Park when their teams are playing there?

I can tell you there is a lot of agro amongst Wicks supporters about the trend of playing 3s and 4s at Latham with colts 1s and 2s playing at Coogee. However, the explanation provided by the club is that the colts are the future of the club whereas 3s and 4s these days are unlikely to provide too many 1st graders, with the trend being for colts players to move straight into 1st or 2nd grade. Whether you like the situation of not it's hard to argue with this explanation. For the record, whilst I like watching the colts, I still think 3s and 4s should be on the "big stage". I'd prefer to see all grades + colts 1s playing at Coogee even if that means a much earlier start.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Player movements as followed

Cohen Masson to Eastwood from West Harbour
Tom Hill to Italy
Joel Luani to Eastwood from Wests Tigers
Todd Pearce to West Harbour from Eastwood

Very happy to see Joel Luani back. Was arguably the best schoolboy in country when he finished circa 2009.

G

greg woods

its very poor when only 4 clubs have the draw on there website and i cant find the full draw anywhere.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
i had heard he was going to play 15 at the woods

Woods have signed this bloke from NZ as well. They've promised him they'll play him at 15.

With the signing of him, Cohen Masson, Joel Luani (what a backrow with those two), the impending signing of Hamish Angus and the signing of Jarome McKenzie from Easts they'll be very tough to beat.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Woods have signed this bloke from NZ as well. They've promised him they'll play him at 15.

With the signing of him, Cohen Masson, Joel Luani (what a backrow with those two), the impending signing of Hamish Angus and the signing of Jarome McKenzie from Easts they'll be very tough to beat.

Great vid. He looks real sharp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

Wilsonmate

I was just quoting a previous post. It'd be a shame if Angus left Rats, he is as Warringah as Narrabeen Beach
There were certainly strong rumours post grand final. However, with Malo, Brad Curtis as options to play 15, I would find it strange that Angus would leave the rats. Quality player and signing for any club, not sure it would be the best move for him considering the depth at that position even with Batger's retirement.

If that rats want to remain fighting for the top 4 they'll need him

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)

So, in summary re rumours of Eastwood movements for 2016:

- Cohen Masson (7) to Eastwood from West Harbour
- Joel Luani (8) to Eastwood from Wests Tigers *
- Hamish Angus (10) to Eastwood from Rats
- Jonathan Malo (15,9) to Eastwood from Hamilton Marist, NZ
- Jarome McKenzie (11) to Eastwood from Easts
- Tom Hill (13) to Italy
- Todd Pearce (2) to West Harbour from Eastwood

Are any actually 100% confirmed?

Does anyone know what position Joel Luani would play in Union? (Hooker and halfback in 5 kick: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/joel-luani/#RPfIwq4R5c3twYC7.97). Knuckles (above) suggests the back row.

Not a totally surprising signing given Luani was an Epping Rams junior rugby union rep player with Blake Sutton in under 12s in 2004. http://m.epping.rugby.net.au/newsitem.asp?id=7831

Should be a good addition to the Woodies ranks no matter where he plays, given his Union pedigree - Newington 1st XV for 3 years and Australian Schoolboys in 2010.

* edited

Status
Not open for further replies.