• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wilsonmate

So, in summary re rumours of Eastwood movements for 2016:

- Cohen Masson (7) to Eastwood from West Harbour
- Joel Luani (?) to Eastwood from Wests Tigers
- Hamish Angus (10) to Eastwood from Rats
- Jonathan Malo (15,9) to Eastwood from Hamilton Marist, NZ
- Jarome McKenzie (11) to Eastwood from Easts
- Tom Hill (13) to Italy
- Todd Pearce (2) to West Harbour from Eastwood

Are any actually 100% confirmed?

Does anyone know what position Joel Luani would play in Union? (Hooker and halfback in 5 kick: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/joel-luani/#RPfIwq4R5c3twYC7.97). Knuckles (above) suggests the back row.

Not a totally surprising signing given Luani was an Epping Rams junior rugby union rep player with Blake Sutton in under 12s in 2004. http://m.epping.rugby.net.au/newsitem.asp?id=7831

Should be a good addition to the Woodies ranks no matter where he plays, given his Union pedigree - Newington 1st XV for 3 years and Australian Schoolboys in 2010.
All confirmed except for Hamish Angus.

Joel will replace Pat Sio and play 8 for Eastwood. That's where he dominated for Aus Schools in 2010.

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)
All confirmed except for Hamish Angus.

Joel will replace Pat Sio and play 8 for Eastwood. That's where he dominated for Aus Schools in 2010.

Anyone 'in the know' want to suggest a 1st grade starting side for Eastwood, incorporating retirements, and these new additions to the club?

W

Wilsonmate

1. J. Gillespie
2. H. Roach
3. S. Needs
4. J. Neale
5. J. Barry
6. M. Kovacic
7. C. Masson
8. J. Luani
9. M. Gonzalez
10. J. Ayoub
11. J. Grant
12. M. McDougall
13. J. McKenzie
14. B. Shorter
15. J. Malo

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)
1. J. Gillespie
2. H. Roach
3. S. Needs
4. J. Neale
5. J. Barry
6. M. Kovacic
7. C. Masson
8. J. Luani
9. M. Gonzalez
10. J. Ayoub
11. J. Grant
12. M. McDougall
13. J. McKenzie
14. B. Shorter
15. J. Malo

Roach is being promoted as part of the Waratahs squad and will likely be largely MIA during the season (https://instagram.com/p/_0SbSIpNa2/). Is anyone else likely to be on loan to higher duties through 2016? Anyone else on Waratah's roster, or 7s commitments, etc? Gillespie perhaps? Given the GF win last year and recent year's top of the table efforts, surely there are some...

W

Wilsonmate

Roach is being promoted as part of the Waratahs squad and will likely be largely MIA during the season (https://instagram.com/p/_0SbSIpNa2/). Is anyone else likely to be on loan to higher duties through 2016? Anyone else on Waratah's roster, or 7s commitments, etc? Gillespie perhaps? Given the GF win last year and recent year's top of the table efforts, surely there are some.
Gillespie hasn't been retained by the Rebels this year. Haven't heard anything for other players. Mick Snowden will be with the Rebels for all of the year and it's unlikely the woodies will see him at all

Bring Back The Ruck

Herbert Moran (7)
That's a damn good Woodies side, them MMM, Souths and Uni must be a cert for top four
The top teams just keep producing, buying and getting better
Sadly the pirates could have a tough year, we have lost key players in front row and back row - Masson is in my opinion the best non contracted back rower in the comp him Kelly and big mike are massive losses for us
We have a few decent young guns coming through and they will hopefully take their chances to shine but another season of 8/9/10 place

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who's coaching at The Corporation? Chris Malone and Cameron Blades have moved up to Waratahs.

Whispers of a late coaching change at another club, but awaiting corroboration before posting that speculating here.

Woodies are going to be tough as teak - again, by the looks of things.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Nick Fraser (Gordon) has gone to Italy to the same club as Sam Ward (Warringah) and Tom Hill (Eastwood) as mentioned.

Wayne Borsak (Warringah) has also signed an overseas deal in Spain. Some of these guys might be back after the season though depending on how they fare.

G

greg woods

hearing again total disarray at penrith after teki quit they have been lucky to even get 20 to training with rumours of jeremy paul walking away

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
1. J. Gillespie
2. H. Roach
3. S. Needs
4. J. Neale
5. J. Barry
6. M. Kovacic
7. C. Masson
8. J. Luani
9. M. Gonzalez
10. J. Ayoub
11. J. Grant
12. M. McDougall
13. J. McKenzie
14. B. Shorter
15. J. Malo

I reckon you might see:
12. B. Sutton
13. M. MacDougall
14. J. McKenzie
Start the year of all fit. If H. Roach out, plenty of good back-ups: T. Ferris, E. Craig.

Not surprised to see Todd Pearce back at West Harbour. He has spent time going back and forth between the clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^ Ed Craig could be missing in action for a fair chunk of the year on State and/or National Under 20's duties.

Tannous Ferrous is a more than adequate replacement for Roach if he is on Waratah Duties.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
My friends in Perth tell me Shannon Frazier is joining the Western Force coaching staff. Randwick will need a new head coach
Well done to Shannon

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
That's a damn good Woodies side, them MMM, Souths and Uni must be a cert for top four
The top teams just keep producing, buying and getting better
Sadly the pirates could have a tough year, we have lost key players in front row and back row - Masson is in my opinion the best non contracted back rower in the comp him Kelly and big mike are massive losses for us
We have a few decent young guns coming through and they will hopefully take their chances to shine but another season of 8/9/10 place
As usual at this time of the year,club supporters on this site are getting pretty excited(mostly)/depressed about their clubs likely chances in the upcoming S.S. competition.This is usually pretty speculative & often based on limited information regarding who's in & who's out.All interesting though. Bearing this in mind it is not difficult to assume that the usual suspects will be thereabouts again next year. But I notice that many of the recent comments above relating to Eastwood in particular,& their off season recruitments,are particularly optimistic.Obviously there is some justification for this. However I suggest that when previewing their chances,the effect of the arrival of some pretty good new arrivals , should be tempered against the loss of a significant number of very good,& experienced first grade players,& the effect of a change in coaching personnel. Should be an interesting year.

W

Wilsonmate

I reckon you might see:
12. B. Sutton
13. M. MacDougall
14. J. McKenzie
Start the year of all fit. If H. Roach out, plenty of good back-ups: T. Ferris, E. Craig.

Not surprised to see Todd Pearce back at West Harbour. He has spent time going back and forth between the clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T. Ferris is out for the year, torn ACL. As Hugh Jarse mentioned Ed could have under 20's Commitments. Hooker is probably the position that is lacking depth. I think you could see Sam Needs at hooker when Roach is unavailable, with Rob Lagudi coming into the front row. No word is Marty Plokstys is returning, anyone know?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Let's remember Roach has to get past Latu and Polota - Nau which is a hard enough job in itself potentially Latu and Roach may rotate although Latu is highly rated by National Selectors.

G

greg woods

Let's remember Roach has to get past Latu and Polota - Nau which is a hard enough job in itself potentially Latu and Roach may rotate although Latu is highly rated by National Selectors.

not sure why he is average at best

Status
Not open for further replies.