• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emu Burger

Stan Wickham (3)
21-52 at Concord
Awful performance from Pirates today Souths were solid and did nothing wrong but we could not do anything right
Going to be a long season unless some of our players wake up and start performing like they can do
That being said Souths will play semis this year if not in the final
Good solid tight five and Teki looks to have improved and could be a major player this year
9 and 10 might be their weakness however but will need to see them against better opposition

Looking good round 6 the emus for a win.....
What is going on with the pirates

Jujah

Bob McCowan (2)
Uni beat the Emus and Tom Carter is so up himself wouldn't sign my nephews footy. Typical uni wanker.

He must have been tired. Usually a champ

Hope your nephew got Skelto's signature.

It does look like Wests are struggling. Hope the Emus still have some spring in step after month of fire. Quite a few dropped today and depth might get tested before you get a go at Wests.

Jujah

Bob McCowan (2)
By the way Emu Burger.

The Emu Burger was a bit off point today.

Do you have inside knowledge of this? The gravy wasn't is usual deliciousness and the rissole more chewy.

Usually I'd concur on the wonderfulness of the burger

Emu Burger

Stan Wickham (3)

It does look like Wests are struggling. Hope the Emus still have some spring in step after month of fire. Quite a few dropped today and depth might get tested before you get a go at Wests.

good to see Jerome mckenzie carve up and cohen masson perfect fit for hugh perett both got their starts at penrith

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
At Nepean
2nds 81-7
1sts 80-26

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, the Emus won't be competitive until and unless they can somehow boost the strength of their lower grades and keep their good players. I see in the below article that the ARU are planning to invest "$500,000 into Western Sydney by hiring development officers to increase participation levels". Sounds promising.
Also sounds like some progress is being made on involving the SS clubs more in decision making.

Emu Burger

Stan Wickham (3)
At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, the Emus won't be competitive until and unless they can somehow boost the strength of their lower grades and keep their good players. I see in the below article that the ARU are planning to invest "$500,000 into Western Sydney by hiring development officers to increase participation levels". Sounds promising.
Also sounds like some progress is being made on involving the SS clubs more in decision making.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/club-rugby/aru-and-shute-shield-clubs-working-through-problems-to-create-brighter-future-20160325-gnqxxl.html#ixzz43zWnirX9
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Coach i have 2 kids playing colts for the emus and getting smashed by 50 every week isnt good they will stick to it as they want to play 1sts money wont fix it the Emus need to move from Cranebrook and tap into the Islander and Kiwi Market of Mt Druitt so need to play games/training at Whalan reserve but games at St Marys leagues club

BAZinga

Stan Wickham (3)
Penrith wont win a game all season. In any grade.
They will be competitive in a few games - but thats it.

Wests look to be pretty poor but at the same time, they have played 2 very good teams so far so lets not jump to conclusions just yet.

It looks like the 'the usual' will occupy the top 4/5 places but then it will be a 3-4 way battle for that last finals spot.

There are a few teams in 'rebuild' phase so will take till round 2 of games until we see how things are really going.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Someone steal the tackling bags from the Uni storeroom?
Sure they are 2 from 2, but how the fuck do they leak more points than Gordon when playing the Emu's?
4 try bonus point to Emu's!
Embarrassing for the SS favourites!!!!

Jujah

Bob McCowan (2)
Coach i have 2 kids playing colts for the emus and getting smashed by 50 every week isnt good they will stick to it as they want to play 1sts money wont fix it the Emus need to move from Cranebrook and tap into the Islander and Kiwi Market of Mt Druitt so need to play games/training at Whalan reserve but games at St Marys leagues club

Looking today with the mix of players for Penrith MORE islanders is hardly possible and perhaps not the answer in and of itself.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Gregor George Cup (Club Championship) Watch:

There are a maximum of 215 points available to a club each week, based on all 7 club teams winning with a 4 try BP and the target to win is >3000 points which was achieved by 3 clubs in 2014 and the 2015 winner was on 2905 points. In 2014 the difference between 1st and 2nd was only 33 points, with 3rd only 52 points further back. In 2015 there was only 49 points between 1st and 2nd, with 3rd place 113 points further back.

Sydney University, 388 points (up 3)
Randwick, 385 points
Southern Districts, 358 points (up 2)
Northern Suburbs, 317 points (down 1)
Gordon, 262 points (down 4)
Eastwood, 253 points (up 2)
Manly, 246 points (up 2)
Warringah, 209 points (down 1)
Eastern Suburbs, 192 points (down 3)
Parramatta, 72 points (up 1)
West Harbour, 35 points (down 1)
Penrith, 21 points

How the Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.
First Grade - 15
Second Grade - 8
Third Grade - 5
Fourth Grade - 4
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

The 49 point difference between Gold and Silver in 2015 could have been made up from an extra 3 BP in Shute Shield and an extra BP in 4th Grade, or an extra victory with a BP in 2nd Grade and an extra BP in Colts 1 and Colts 2.

Simmo Green

Frank Row (1)

Wests have the talent, don't know how to develop it. Reactionary coaching appointments, absence of a real programme, poor management and planning, ad hoc recruitment and the vice like grip of directors who repeat the same unsuccessful behaviours while running it as an old boys fraternity

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Checked out some of the pictures from the Emu's V Uni game and no offence to the Emu's but from a strength and conditioning perspective it looked like some of these players belonged in 4th grade....as said no offence and of course you can't judge a book by its cover - but the squad looks even weaker than past years?

I'd love to see the Emu's get a win on the board - when was their last recorded win in the Shute Shield? I feel that got one last year possibly...

Really if they don't get at least 2-3 this year is that it for the Emu's in the Shute Shield?

Jujah

Bob McCowan (2)
Checked out some of the pictures from the Emu's V Uni game and no offence to the Emu's but from a strength and conditioning perspective it looked like some of these players belonged in 4th grade..as said no offence and of course you can't judge a book by its cover - but the squad looks even weaker than past years?

I'd love to see the Emu's get a win on the board - when was their last recorded win in the Shute Shield? I feel that got one last year possibly.

Really if they don't get at least 2-3 this year is that it for the Emu's in the Shute Shield?

There were certainly some large humans across the grades for Penrith (and not in a good way).

It is worth noting that the colts are improving. Last year they weren't allowed to have a firsts team as they were losing so badly. Yesterday the firsts colts put 4 tries into Uni. Small steps but progress.

Ruffledfeathers1992

Stan Wickham (3)
I don't rate these statistics, I feel they clog up our forums too much.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a new thread and include them there? Happy to set up a Shute Shield statistics thread if needed.
Happy Easter guys. Crossing fingers and toes for a Tahs win this afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.