• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiBattler

Bob McCowan (2)
Last night Randwick and Warringah agreed that their postponed games from 10/6 would be declared draws (all 4 grades) and each club would therefore receive 2 competition points. A great outcome considering the circumstances under which the round was postponed --- well done both clubs.

Fair enough. The interesting result of that is Randwick, Eastwood, and Warringah are now all tied 2nd at 43 points each!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Fair enough. The interesting result of that is Randwick, Eastwood, and Warringah are now all tied 2nd at 43 points each!
Actually Wicks are 2nd due to better for-and-against than Woodies and 1 more win than Rats --- to be pedantic

Sent from my SM-J110F using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Last night Randwick and Warringah agreed that their postponed games from 10/6 would be declared draws (all 4 grades) and each club would therefore receive 2 competition points. A great outcome considering the circumstances under which the round was postponed --- well done both clubs.
If I was uni I'd be protesting, both clubs getting a guaranteed 2 points, and not having to play a makeup game puts them at a distinct disadvantage

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
If I was uni I'd be protesting, both clubs getting a guaranteed 2 points, and not having to play a makeup game puts them at a distinct disadvantage

The only time the comp can be based on one game is the GF, to make the GF you need to win enogh games through out the season. I hope Uni dont protest - as they lost to Wests on the weekend.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I doubt Uni would protest, they'd look like heartless dickheads.

The club, like most clubs, has too much of an ego for that.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Uni have won 6 and lost 6 and have a tough draw ahead: Norths, Manly, Warringah, Eastwood, Gordon and Parramatta. They are 5 points behind Southern (6th) and 11 points behind Wicks and Rats so I think they've got bigger challenges ahead than worrying about a protest.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Great game at concord, tackling optional at times but another fantastic win from the Pirates

Those marlin burgers sure look good, can't see many canteens producing better come finals time.

Status
Not open for further replies.