• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
It's called Game On - calling that casual development officers is a bit much, but it's a good step.

I'm not sure that it is -
Gameon is targeted at Primary School.
I believe senior school is being looked at now - how progressed i dont know.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Apparently Wicks won the Sir Roden Cutler Shield on Saturday.

Who knew?

I thought this was a great idea when it was introduced many years ago, but it certainly doesn't get much publicity.

I doubt the Wicks' players even knew it was up for grabs.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Apparently Wicks won the Sir Roden Cutler Shield on Saturday.

Who knew?

I thought this was a great idea when it was introduced many years ago, but it certainly doesn't get much publicity.

I doubt the Wicks' players even knew it was up for grabs.

I was wondering where that was hiding - now i know.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I was wondering where that was hiding - now i know.

Given Norths long unbeaten run I probably should have realised they had it, but who even thinks about it these days? Pity the NSWRU website doesn't indicate who the current holder is.

Anyway it's up for grabs at Coogee this weekend if Gordon are good enough.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Any body know how Conor Mitchell is going? Heard whispers (up here in Brisbane) that he is now playing in Sydney. Very talented bloke

Learned One

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any body know how Conor Mitchell is going? Heard whispers (up here in Brisbane) that he is now playing in Sydney. Very talented bloke

He is listed to play at 7 for Southern Districts in today's televised game against Sydney Uni . It's on 7two from 3 pm .
Should be a great game with both teams needing a win to stay in touch with the leading Teams in SS.
Uni sit in 3rd place in Club Championship after making up ground in recent weeks but need to continue that momentum if they are to retain this prized trophy.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
He is listed to play at 7 for Southern Districts in today's televised game against Sydney Uni . It's on 7two from 3 pm .
Should be a great game with both teams needing a win to stay in touch with the leading Teams in SS.
Uni sit in 3rd place in Club Championship after making up ground in recent weeks but need to continue that momentum if they are to retain this prized trophy.

Is there ever any doubt?

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
The NSWRU are in the process of hiring casual development officers to get around to the schools.

Whats schools and how often?

I have no idea. I suppose all will be revealed later but at least its some positive news re the governing bodies being proactive in promoting the game.

They've had casual development officers for ages??

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A Very ordinary Display of crowd behaviour at the end of the 2Blues Wests game this afternoon. What was looking like a great afternoon of club rugby with families with little kids all watching the close encounter.
This quickly turned into an absolute sh*tfight with a few out of control lower grade Parra players jumping fences to join an onfield "scuffle", I felt for the hardworking 2Blues volunteers who where trying their best with the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
I was there and would like to get a MTBs prospective on events.
But what happens when a lower grade player strikes an on file 1st grader during the game?
Ref did nothing? Also two blues players telling fans to F off during game within earshot of kids and lower grade players genrally being areseholes
Not the usual welcome from Merrylands today
Sad days if that has gone, hope it was a blip from an otherwise wonderful host in the past
I should add wests replacement caused it and got deserved red card
Two blues also got red but twenty odd fans and replacements ran on and punches were thrown

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Big second half from the Wicks this afternoon.

Gordon trailed early but were back in contention at 12-20 down at HT having dominated field position running up to the break.

Then wiped off the park by Wicks 54-0 in the second half. Running rugby at its best!

Great contribution from the veteran Patrick Phibbs backed up by the 2 locks Ed Kennedy and Jock Armstrong (probably Wicks best player so far this year IMO).

Good to see Stephen Hoiles back in second grade and off the bench in firsts.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Emu burger was okay.
But looking fwd to the fresh roll, beetroot base, Marlin Burger next week.
Who knows how many will be consumed.

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
I was there and would like to get a MTBs prospective on events.
But what happens when a lower grade player strikes an on file 1st grader during the game?
Ref did nothing? Also two blues players telling fans to F off during game within earshot of kids and lower grade players genrally being areseholes
Not the usual welcome from Merrylands today

Referee can only admonish participating players in the game with regards to on-field sanctions (such as penalty, Yellow, Red, etc.) if the safety of the game is affected by outside influences (such as what it sounds like has happened here), can halt the game and ask the assistance of ground marshals, security, etc. to deal with non-players. I'm sure Respect Rugby reports will be filled out regarding this incident, and punishment will be handed out (particularly if it's on video).

Status
Not open for further replies.