• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
But half the rental cost would mean little or no corporate suites for NSWRU big wigs. Hell will freeze over first.

One word. Sponsors. Funnily enough, they are actually pretty important. Big wigs to a man and woman.

Like it or not, we are now a professional game. Money talks, and if you don't talk to it, pamper it, take it to the game, and so on, it goes somewhere else.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
One word. Sponsors. Funnily enough, they are actually pretty important. Big wigs to a man and woman.

Like it or not, we are now a professional game. Money talks, and if you don't talk to it, pamper it, take it to the game, and so on, it goes somewhere else.

Trouble is our big wigs talk to each other, lapping up the freebies while the game disintegrates.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Probably because most of them have put a helluva lot into the game and deserve to survive.
I'll accept that potting the blazer brigade is unfair on the odd individual.
But seriously, this last exchange comes from your defence that a 4th tier game outdrawing a 2nd tier, is due to programming advantages.
I respect your right to privacy, but you obviously have a dog in this fight, your defence of obvious failings, lacks all logic for any independent observer.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Probably because most of them have put a helluva lot into the game and deserve to survive.

Possibly a true observation in the amateur era, but not these days.

How many sausages do you reckon Roger Davis has cooked, or filled water bottles, or run raffles, or helped set up fields, or helped sweep out change rooms, or been on the committee of a club on a volunteer basis?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Possibly a true observation in the amateur era, but not these days.

How many sausages do you reckon Roger Davis has cooked, or filled water bottles, or run raffles, or helped set up fields, or helped sweep out change rooms, or been on the committee of a club on a volunteer basis?

There are other ways to serve the game than those, old chap. I would not know what Davis has done, but I do know what others have done, including a number of former Wallabies, who have done a huge amount for the game, always willing to go anywhere and do anything to promote it.

You don't know, and I don't know, the details of people's private lives. Maybe you should stop making blanket criticisms. Do you know for sure what Davis has done in his spare time?

There are volunteers who are happy to do the grunt work. Maybe some of them aspire to reaching the heights of the game on the administrative side. If they do, and if they have the ability and the time to put in, maybe they will.

Why not?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
There are other ways to serve the game than those, old chap. I would not know what Davis has done, but I do know what others have done, including a number of former Wallabies, who have done a huge amount for the game, always willing to go anywhere and do anything to promote it.

You don't know, and I don't know, the details of people's private lives. Maybe you should stop making blanket criticisms. Do you know for sure what Davis has done in his spare time?

There are volunteers who are happy to do the grunt work. Maybe some of them aspire to reaching the heights of the game on the administrative side. If they do, and if they have the ability and the time to put in, maybe they will.

Why not?
Or maybe you should stop making blanket excuses and justifications for the administrators who have led us to the edge of the precipice.

You were the one who asserted that these people had provided selfless services to the game and as usual provided no evidence to support it. I have the utmost respect for the volunteer officers who did give service above and beyond during the amateur era but very little for those who who have squandered the legacy.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't know if anyone watched this play out on the reasonably large Shute Shield group on facebook, but it was notable.

The founder and main admin Greg Dowden basically said he had mail that Julian Huxley was coaching Norths next year, which Hux shut down. For those that've been on this forum for a while, you'd remember a few time the bloke has stirred up controversy with fake news (whether he believes this stuff or is stirring is speculative).

My take is good on Huxley. I doubt he's getting rich coaching Penrith, so here's hoping they come out of it a better club and Hux gets some valuable experience that gives him opportunities going forward.

Oyi1biy.png

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
There's something more that he has injected them with. They trust each other, they are willing to chance their arms, and they do not make mistakes.

We can all hope that he can bring some of this magic to the Tahs. BTW, I am certain that Gibson has a pretty good handle on what he has achieved.

Then again, Chris Hickey had a stellar career as a club coach before he stepped up to the Tahs.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Sydney Uni got out of jail at Chatswood yesterday. Was 15 - 0 after 35 minutes Gordon's way then Gordon got to 25-20 up with Swinton in the bin but couldn't hang on.

Status
Not open for further replies.