• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yes, the word is that this is the last season at The Home of Rugby. I played there on the first Saturday of the first season, so it is a sad time for me.

They are looking for a venue to the north west, which is where the bulk of their supporter base is these days. Maybe they will move to a temporary facility, that might make sense, because I am pretty sure they will be looking to improve the infrastructure of any ground they see as a permanent home.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Not a lot of interest in Australia's leading club competition is there? Where's Dave Beat these days?

The competition is getting more interesting, I would have thought. Pretty open.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Not a lot of interest in Australia's leading club competition is there? Where's Dave Beat these days?

The competition is getting more interesting, I would have thought. Pretty open.

Here and watching, I am so busy with work at present.

Past seasons from 4th grade home and away.

Kids sport, family, work hmmmm.

Hard to pass comment when I cant do it with knowledge, i dont shoot from the hip unless i know.

Yeah how tight 7 wins 3 lossess.

I reckon the team that stays injury free, and keeps their players in OZ will go deep into the finals.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Eastwood and who else???

Uni have been significantly stronger than any other team Manly have played.
Nths beat us when we lost our 5/8 and direction for 10 - went down by 4.
East beat us by us through the last pass, intercept and under the sticks - went down by 7.
Uni - a class above.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Gotta ask, Manly v Wests.
How can a ref award a try when he didn't see it being scored.
Having absolutely no idea becuase the ball is on the other side of the ruck and being spilled forward.

If the ref doesnt no should he rule no try becuase he scored no try?

The touchie saw it and called no try, but that is not the point.

Why award a try when it couldnt be seen.
One of a few officiating concerns today.
But they often balance out and it is far better than wasting time whilst a TV official judges replay after replay.
Officials and players make mistakes, grass roots rugby is great.

But dont award trys when you cant see them.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
That was a pretty gutsy win by the Woods - down to 14 for the last 10 minutes. Roach was huge. Jai Ayoub played the last 15 or 20, and gee he has still got what it takes. With Ayoub in the side, provided he is fit, we have a chance. Just a small one.

Status
Not open for further replies.