• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Norths end up trouncing Easts 51-5 after being embarrassed by them at North Sydney Oval earlier in the season. Reckon the artificial turf at Woolhara would have helped Norths play fast and up tempo. Didn’t catch the match but from what I heard Simone was pretty dominant which will be pleasing for Brumbies fans.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Didn’t catch the match but from what I heard Simone was pretty dominant which will be pleasing for Brumbies fans.

Simone had some simply outstanding moments in attack, and happily his defense was quite strong. A really good all round game where he showed a high quality passing game to set up his wingers as well. He played 13 so he could be a very good backup to both Kerevi and Kuridrani if those two moves come about.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I also need to record my view that Angus Sinclair put in a very good game at 10 for Norths. Completely overshadowed Mason while he was on the field. How is it that he doesn't seem to get recognition amongst Tahs fans?

Also, the MOTM award was a very poor joke. Any of the two locks, either of the Sinclairs or the fullback for Norths would have been worthy winners. The midget No 6 who got it was mostly invisible in the game.

Patrick Tafa in particular had an eye-opening game at lock, though he is listed elsewhere as a No 8. Ex Qld U20s. Expect to see more of him in the NRC.

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
Something from 7twos coverage yesterday that annoyed me. Both commenters Lewis and Shep having a go at Archie King for not grounding the ball with a foot in goal from a norths Kick.That law has changed and was actually good understanding of the laws by King and poor understanding by said commentators. Just a small thing but if you are going to having crack at a player get your facts right.
Norths also looking very flash.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Can this be correct?

According to the Fusesport Ap, the playoffs will be as follows:

Week 1:
1 v 6 (game A)
3 v 4 (game B)
2 v 5 (game C)

Week 2:
Winner A v Winner C
Winner B v Loser A

If this is correct, in giving the minor premiers two bites of the cherry (good!), they've also given the team which finishes 6 the same advantage!
Or am I missing something?

Now fixed:

Week 2:
Highest Ranked Winner v Highest Ranked Loser
2nd Ranked Winner v 3rd Ranked Winner

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Something from 7twos coverage yesterday that annoyed me. Both commenters Lewis and Shep having a go at Archie King for not grounding the ball with a foot in goal from a norths Kick.That law has changed and was actually good understanding of the laws by King and poor understanding by said commentators. Just a small thing but if you are going to having crack at a player get your facts right.
Norths also looking very flash.

Those guys have been caught out a few times quoting no longer existing rules. They're still good blokes though.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm struggling to see how Mick Snowden gets in the Super Rugby team v the Wallabies on Friday night. Did he actually play? How is he a Super Rugby 9? Oh that's right. He is the Eastwood 9 and Manenti is the Eastwood coach. It's this kind of BS that has seen so many talented players leave the game or head overseas.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm struggling to see how Mick Snowden gets in the Super Rugby team v the Wallabies on Friday night. Did he actually play? How is he a Super Rugby 9? Oh that's right. He is the Eastwood 9 and Manenti is the Eastwood coach. It's this kind of BS that has seen so many talented players leave the game or head overseas.

Didn’t Eastwood have the bye? Wasn’t that the reason so many Eastwood players got a chance?

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
It been another great season thus far..and the pointy end will bring some more interesting results. Uni look to be at full strength and will put plenty on a disappointing gordon..norths to beat the wix, but not by much, im going parra over west harbour in an upset..not sure about the rest

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Does anyone know where the finals series are being held?

It hasn’t been determined yet other than the GF at North Sydney Oval again.

My guess would be that the top 3 clubs will host in week 1, so let’s say Uni, Norths and one of the beaches locations depending on results this weekend. It seems a reasonable chance that Rats will play Manly in Week 1.

In week 2, I believe that they will take the games to where they think they can get the best crowd which will mean that Rat Park will be a strong contender if Rats get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.