• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well done Woods,

Other results:

Norths 22 def Manly 15

Warringah 25 def Gordon 13

Wests v WSTB playing now at Western Sydney Stadium before the Waratahs

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It was a 2 point game right up to the death at Rat Park today,so the score line flattered the home team.

Both 2s & 3s had grandstand finishes.

Which means either Gordon have improved,or Rats have fallen in a hole.

Unfortunately for Rats,IMO, Gordon are poo.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Henry Clunies-Ross lucky to be alive after the corner post tore apart his leg........

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...battle-with-deadly-flesh-eating-bug/?cs=14260

The most remarkable thing about Henry Clunies-Ross's story might be that he can see the bright side.

The Sydney University and Australian sevens winger has spent the past three weeks recovering from a run-in with a rare and deadly flesh-eating bacteria that claims the lives of one in four people who encounter it.

He endured five surgeries, the "nuclear bomb of antibiotics" and regular spells in a hyperbaric chamber to kill it off and is now missing a large chunk of skin on his upper leg, which a plastic surgeon used in a skin graft to patch up the gaping wound on his right shin.

But after all the drama, triggered by an everyday tackle in the opening game of the Shute Shield season earlier this month, Clunies-Ross hasn't lost his sense of humour.

"At least I saved the try," he quipped.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
I would be interested in people's opinions of the red card that Will Houston gave to a woodies player with a couple of minutes to play for a deliberate knock down.

It seems this law is now a bit out of control but may be my bias.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I would be interested in people's opinions of the red card that Will Houston gave to a woodies player with a couple of minutes to play for a deliberate knock down.

It seems this law is now a bit out of control but may be my bias.

Pretty sure that was a yellow. I don't know. It used to be if they deliberately slapped it forward. Now it appears that even if you are genuinely going for an intercept if you don't pull it off you're staring a potential 10 minutes on the sidelines directly in the face. I think it should be if they use both hands and it goes forward then it's a genuine attempt anything less then a YC is warranted. You don't want cynical spoiling play to impede the game.

Upon seeing it on TV I thought it was harsh but Houston had a better view being closer. I think a case for both sides of the argument could have been made upon seeing it again. It didn't have an impact on the result in the end so there's that.

Apparently 20k tuned in on 7Twlo for that game. So thankfully it was a good one. That's up quite a bit from last season.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Harry Jones also yellow carded for genuine attempt at intercept.

They have gone too far in their interpretations.

It’s not 7’s and shouldn’t be refereed like it is.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It would have hurt if that decision cost the Woodies the game. The commentators said something to the effect that if you go for an intercept with only one hand you are in trouble. If that is true, it is not sensible.

If the ball is passed from one player to another, it is in play. A defender is entitled to try to make a genuine attempt to intercept the pass, surely, with one or both hands, but is not entitled to slap it down, which is worth a card for sure.

S

Show-n-go

Pretty sure that was a yellow. I don't know. It used to be if they deliberately slapped it forward. Now it appears that even if you are genuinely going for an intercept if you don't pull it off you're staring a potential 10 minutes on the sidelines directly in the face. I think it should be if they use both hands and it goes forward then it's a genuine attempt anything less then a YC is warranted. You don't want cynical spoiling play to impede the game.

Upon seeing it on TV I thought it was harsh but Houston had a better view being closer. I think a case for both sides of the argument could have been made upon seeing it again. It didn't have an impact on the result in the end so there's that.

Apparently 20k tuned in on 7Twlo for that game. So thankfully it was a good one. That's up quite a bit from last season.

I reckon you’d be lucky if half the intercepts taken are done with two hands

From my point of view it’s in the name, Knock down. You knock it across or up and knock it on, scrum. You knock it down yellow. You’ll get a few people abusing that rule but I think it’s more fair and puts a bit more onus back on the attacking player to actually throw a good pass

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)

If the ball is passed from one player to another, it is in play. A defender is entitled to try to make a genuine attempt to intercept the pass, surely, with one or both hands, but is not entitled to slap it down, which is worth a card for sure.

There is a checklist to follow:

- Was this a genuine attempt to intercept and were they in a position to regather the ball?
- Yes - Knock on then
- No - PK

- If it wasn't did it stop a line break chance (a 2 on 1 for example)
- Yes - PK and YC
- No - PK only

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
There is a checklist to follow:

- Was this a genuine attempt to intercept and were they in a position to regather the ball?
- Yes - Knock on then
- No - PK

- If it wasn't did it stop a line break chance (a 2 on 1 for example)
- Yes - PK and YC
- No - PK only

Out of curiosity. What would you have done?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Jeez Dewet Roos is a muppet sometimes. Never fails to niggle, join in after a fight has started and generally make a dick of himself. I know that's a half back's job to a degree but come on. I hope someone gives him a proper flogging one day to teach him a lesson.

It's a shame, because he's a bloody good footballer.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Jeez Dewet Roos is a muppet sometimes. Never fails to niggle, join in after a fight has started and generally make a dick of himself. I know that's a half back's job to a degree but come on. I hope someone gives him a proper flogging one day to teach him a lesson.

It's a shame, because he's a bloody good footballer.

I recall seeing De Wett Roos in an U16 rep match bursting into tears and having a massive tantrum when an opponent took exception to his behaviour. One of the funniest things I've seen in Rugby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.