• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
In the future I tend to think that elite sports organisations will run multiple sports for a number of reasons. Once people get beyond the parochial and the emotional it provides the most efficient and economic use of very expensive resources.

There are examples of this which have existed on a smaller scale for a while; back when I was playing subbies many years ago we used to play against Arncliffe Scots. Rugby was one of their smaller sports (1 or 2 teams IIRC), league was their main winter sport, but they also had soccer teams and in summer baseball and cricket teams.

I'd prefer to see them look to transform into 'complete' clubs running multiple teams from U6s right through to 1st grade while developing an actual strategic plan regarding developing the likes of the Penrith Emus and Campbelltown Harlequins into similar set ups with plans in integrate them at the junior most level at first and then as full competitors as they mature. While working with a select club in the Newcastle, Illawarra and Central Coast competitions to achieve the same.

Alex Sharpe

Chris McKivat (8)
I have just moved to QLD for work and am dismayed to see that there is no Shute Shield on TV up here. Anybody know if there is an online link to watch the match of the day?

seven wearing six

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have just moved to QLD for work and am dismayed to see that there is no Shute Shield on TV up here. Anybody know if there is an online link to watch the match of the day?

7 Plus or Freeview Australia should show Shute in Qld. I believe they are only geo-blocked to within Australia, not state by state.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
But you have to enter a NSW postcode to be able to access the SS in some states, the schedule is different.

Easily done, just put in 2000 when you are asked to confirm your location!!! Enjoy!!! Freeview is a great innovation. Go the Woodies!!!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Results from today

Souths def Warringah 36-21 (WTF)

Uni def Wests 56-3

Easts def Eastwood 48-26

Randwick def Norths 32-30 (WTF)

Gordon def WSTB 43-22

Ladder
Uni
Eastwood
Warringah
Norths
Easts
Manly

Uni red hot favourites. The other three contenders all beaten by lower teams - including Warringah and Norths losing to teams not even in the top 6.

Assume that next weekend Uni and Eastwood have the week off and the games are:

Warringah v Manly
Norths v Easts

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I thought they all play next week. 1 play 6 2 play 5, and 3 & 4.

3 winners plus the highest loser to the Semi final.

I might be wrong though

If that's the case

Uni v Manly

Eastwood v Easts

Warringah v Norths

I must say that I don't like a system where a team loses and still gets through. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

Won't affect Manly as we'll almost certainly be out next week and coming 6th we'd have to win to get through anyway.

You'd also think that Eastwood couldn't lose to Easts twice in a week.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
You'd also think that Eastwood couldn't lose to Easts twice in a week.

Would you? All jokes aside, we are finished, done and dusted. Teams like Easts are a lot stronger now than they were during the season, we are more or less the same team.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Would you? All jokes aside, we are finished, done and dusted. Teams like Easts are a lot stronger now than they were during the season, we are more or less the same team.

Haven't seen this new look Easts. When I've seen them during the season they were about the same level as Manly.

You'll still get through if you lose though because you came second.

Hard to see anyone stopping the Uni juggernaut at this point, they demolished Norths a couple of weeks back. Eastwood and Warringah have the best chances of winning outside Uni.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
WTF with results today?
May as well play misere.
Congrats to SD, Randers and Beasts.
Sad to see Gordon win and get left behind. A great season for the Stags.

Very sad to see Gordon miss the cut in firsts after such an amazing season and turnaround from 2018.

They absolutely deserved to play in the finals and apart from yesterday’s Wood’s-Beasties upset it was only a handful of points that put paid to their finals aspirations.

2019 has also been an outstanding year for the Stags with twos taking out the minor premiership and 3’s and 4’s featuring in the finals along with all three colts grades.

Players, Coaches, Administrators, volunteers and passionate supporters have a lot to be proud of out at Chatswood.

seven wearing six

Allen Oxlade (6)

The Eastwood team that has remained virtually unchanged and without Super Rugby players flew right under the radar this year and was a serious contender for the Minor Premiership until yesterday's odd results.
The Woods have had a cracking season and without much fanfare. Successful and modest. I hope they lift this week (should be at TG, yes? A WOODS WOODS WOODS full house) and have a final push at North Sydney Oval in a fortnight.

seven wearing six

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very sad to see Gordon miss the cut in firsts after such an amazing season and turnaround from 2018.

They absolutely deserved to play in the finals and apart from yesterday’s Wood’s-Beasties upset it was only a handful of points that put paid to their finals aspirations.

2019 has also been an outstanding year for the Stags with twos taking out the minor premiership and 3’s and 4’s featuring in the finals along with all three colts grades.

Players, Coaches, Administrators, volunteers and passionate supporters have a lot to be proud of out at Chatswood.

Does the current coaching structure remain into next season? It has certainly worked well this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.