• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

seven wearing six

Allen Oxlade (6)
Manly were easily the better team in a pretty entertaining first half, it was try for try with Manly getting penalty try for obstruction and then James Kane going in the bin for the same not much later. Manly had the better of the line out and the restarts.

Uni just went on with it in the second, the didn’t overplay their hand in the scrum. I’d also say they received some unlucky calls.

HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) was huge again; I’d love to know what he said to the replacement front row when they came on as they just went straight through the Manly scrum.

Manly were easily the better team in a pretty entertaining first half, it was try for try with Manly getting penalty try for obstruction and then James Kane going in the bin for the same not much later. Manly had the better of the line out and the restarts.

Uni just went on with it in the second, the didn’t overplay their hand in the scrum. I’d also say they received some unlucky calls.

HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) was huge again; I’d love to know what he said to the replacement front row when they came on as they just went straight through the Manly scrum.

I think Kane stuck his leg out in a deliberate trip attempt with a Manly try on, hence the 10 in the naughty chair.
MMM supporters a bit too gung-ho on the eastern side coming into half-time. Had to be politely reminded that there's a second half to endure.
A long trip home for them...

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think Kane stuck his leg out in a deliberate trip attempt with a Manly try on, hence the 10 in the naughty chair.
MMM supporters a bit too gung-ho on the eastern side coming into half-time. Had to be politely reminded that there's a second half to endure.
A long trip home for them.

What, a bunch of park rugby players leading the super-infused, near test level University team everybody loves to hate (in that quaint, gentlemanly, rugby manner)? And being loud about it?
I'm shocked, shocked to find high spirited barracking was going on there.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
What, a bunch of park rugby players leading the super-infused, near test level University team everybody loves to hate (in that quaint, gentlemanly, rugby manner)? And being loud about it?
I'm shocked, shocked to find high spirited barracking was going on there.
I really enjoyed the yelling from the hillbillies I caught through the tv, even as a Norths supporter. One of the reasons to go to club rugby is to enjoy the verbal.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Great contest at TGM. The Woodies up 12-7, but it will be up to the piggies to win it in the tight stuff.

And so it transpired. When Foketi scored straight after the break, I thought the jig is up. After all, Easts have beaten us twice already this season, and their side is studded with pretty handy Soup players.

Gee we've got some good props. Pity they are not good enough to play at the higher level.

seven wearing six

Allen Oxlade (6)
And so it transpired. When Foketi scored straight after the break, I thought the jig is up. After all, Easts have beaten us twice already this season, and their side is studded with pretty handy Soup players.

Gee we've got some good props. Pity they are not good enough to play at the higher level.

If they played at the higher level, you'd lose them to your run-on side, and then when they return you'd be criticised for stacking your side with Soup players.
A great season for the Woods with no Super Rugby players and MICK SNOWDEN has been a champ. A metronomic marvel. MOM today in my eyes and great all season. Woods player of the year.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
If they played at the higher level, you'd lose them to your run-on side, and then when they return you'd be criticised for stacking your side with Soup players.
A great season for the Woods with no Super Rugby players and MICK SNOWDEN has been a champ. A metronomic marvel. MOM today in my eyes and great all season. Woods player of the year.

Haw, haw, haw. No criticism if they are home grown, mate.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Boyd Killingworth showing he is a superior player to Will Miller in my opinion on Saturday.

A lot of the Norths pack look cumbersome it seems. Not a great look for supposed Super Rugby players.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Maybe Norths will pull one out of the bag vs Uni - not sure I could stomach a uni - Eastwood final....again..

B

Bobby Sands

Boyd Killingworth showing he is a superior player to Will Miller in my opinion on Saturday.

A lot of the Norths pack look cumbersome it seems. Not a great look for supposed Super Rugby players.

Will Millers wiki is pretty good. :D

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 12.46.07 am.png

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Games this week:

Warringah v Eastwood 1.10pm at NSO

Uni v Norths 3.10pm at NSO

I predict a Uni v Warringah grand final.

Warringah should be able to compete with the Eastwood scrum and Warringah are better around the park. From what I saw on Sunday Eastwood don't have much beyond a good scrum.

Uni will rack up a big score against Norths. Norths seem to have completely lost their way in the last few weeks.

seven wearing six

Allen Oxlade (6)
Will Dave Feltscheer get a run around off the bench for 1st Grade this weekend?
It would be great to have him on the paddock for a shot at another Rats Grand Final.
Any news on Hamish Angus?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Games this week:

Warringah v Eastwood 1.10pm at NSO

Uni v Norths 3.10pm at NSO

I predict a Uni v Warringah grand final.

Warringah should be able to compete with the Eastwood scrum and Warringah are better around the park. From what I saw on Sunday Eastwood don't have much beyond a good scrum.

Uni will rack up a big score against Norths. Norths seem to have completely lost their way in the last few weeks.
For whatever reason, the return of Norths’ Super players has coincided with them going off the boil. A few years ago we kicked up a gear when they returned. Can’t see us getting anywhere close to Uni.

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
For whatever reason, the return of Norths’ Super players has coincided with them going off the boil. A few years ago we kicked up a gear when they returned. Can’t see us getting anywhere close to Uni.
Agreed! On top of that their halves have gone off the boil too. I’m assuming Duffy/Noonan injuried?

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
I reckon Norths need to take a huge leaf out of the Wallabies book and adopt their Shaun Berne flat attack this week v Uni. Throw out the kiwi style of trying to go wide to the edges - Uni has dismantled us twice this year with their blitz defence. Get the pick and go going and keep it tight and narrow, don't throw it to the backs and allow them to blitz defence. Got nothing to lose, had a horrible few weeks, so why not adopt a totally new attack for our chance at a semi as the lucky loser. Only good things that they should keep is the maul and Jack Lindsay at 12 so why not try something new in attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.